Leo Varadkar becomes a racist

Started by highorlow, January 12, 2023, 12:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

burdizzo

So, he left out a fada, is that it? And you can't spell "meanwhile". Big deal.

Terrible dirty night to be out protesting. Didn't see many counter-protesters though, eh? And who was billing it a "national day of protest"? Didn't see that.

But I did see there was an "agent of the state" out, trying to incite the crowd. Now THAT's extreme.

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2023, 04:07:41 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2023, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2023, 01:45:13 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2023, 01:31:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2023, 01:00:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 13, 2023, 12:38:44 PM
  I don't intend to live in Eire anytime soon

Neither does anyone else as there's no such place as "Eire".

Meanqhile how many took part in the extremists' "National day of protest" against foreigners?
0.001% of the 4.5m Irish born in the 26 Cos?

Gmac

Quote from: burdizzo on January 13, 2023, 08:33:57 PM

Terrible dirty night to be out protesting. Didn't see many counter-protesters though, eh? And who was billing it a "national day of protest"? Didn't see that.

But I did see there was an "agent of the state" out, trying to incite the crowd. Now THAT's extreme.

Meanqhile how many took part in the extremists' "National day of protest" against foreigners?
the bottom line with all this stuff is there are a certain section of society and this forum included who think they are smarter than most but I'm afraid the last couple of years have burst that bubble for anyone with an ounce of sense . Stick up for your values and opinions or you have nothing even if they are unpopular.

Milltown Row2

Counter protesting?!

They are sitting having a glass of Romanian red wine, with a bowl of Tavë kosi
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: Gmac on January 13, 2023, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on January 13, 2023, 08:33:57 PM

the bottom line with all this stuff is there are a certain section of society and this forum included who think they are smarter than most but I'm afraid the last couple of years have burst that bubble for anyone with an ounce of sense . Stick up for your values and opinions or you have nothing even if they are unpopular.

Values like hatred of anyone different?
Values like wanting to burn a building full of women and children?
Yes they would be unpopular and very unChristian  to say the least.

burdizzo

Funny you should mention that. There was a guard in disguise at East Wall shouting such things, trying to incite. As I said, an agent of the state, no doubt trying to portray the protesters in a bad light. Never got arrested, though. Quare that.

And, Rossfan, I'd be surprised if you self-identified as Christian at all, so leave out the sanctimonious shite.

Rossfan

I am a baptised and practising Christian who takes Jesus Christ's words about loving your neighbour (difficulty with Rhubarbs I must admit  ;D) seriously.
Haven't much time for anti Christian hate spreaders though.

burdizzo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 13, 2023, 11:44:35 PM

Haven't much time for anti Christian hate spreaders though.

Oh? Like Muslims? You racist!

highorlow

I've no problem with countries taking in refugees in a controlled fashion. In fact most things in life ought to be carried out with some sort of control and strategic plan, be it business, sport or government.

This government, including the EU have zero control or plan in place for the refugee influx. The government were also out of control during the covid "crisis" and are persistently out of control on the housing and health sectors.

There was a time during the ahern, haughey and Reynolds eras when we had very clever civil servants and advisors, I'm sure clever civil servants are still around but appear to be gagged, SIPO is a prime example of government fudge.

All I have heard all week is that we are entering a "crisis" now that most asylum hotels won't be renewing contracts due to the pending tourist season. One top guy for a charity organisation  on the radio yesterday suggested we convert industrial units into provision centres, so moving refugees into industrial estates is his solution? That's some integration  policy isn't it?

This issue started almost a year ago now. Of the 70k asylum seekers you would think that a good percentage of the able bodied men are capable of building things? Why wasn't this looked into over the last year and some sort of self build accommodation thought out?

I work in the construction industry and when companies go headlong into jobs without a thought out plan well in advance of commencement then 9 out of 10 times they end up bust. The immigration model is well bust in my opinion.

One last thing on this, sanctimonious shit aside, the radio silence from the Catholic Church is interesting. I don't have exact numbers but I believe we have about 2500 catholic priests in the country and just over 1000 parishes. Again I can't verify if this equates to 1000 fully habitable rectorys (many of which are fairy large in size, particularly in large and salubrious city surburbs). Assuming we have 700 or 800 priest homes along with adjacent lands wouldn't that level of readily available accommodation allow for an easy and quick solution (in part) plus it would lend itself to a fair and equal share where we are "all in this together" so to speak, where a better level of integration will be availed of and all communities in the land will be chipping in.  I'm sure the existing priests can downsize elsewhere within their communities. 

Some of our resident Protestants might have the numbers on their available accommodation also. ...

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on January 14, 2023, 09:45:34 AM

This issue started almost a year ago now. Of the 70k asylum seekers you would think that a good percentage of the able bodied men are capable of building things? Why wasn't this looked into over the last year and some sort of self build accommodation thought out?

I work in the construction industry and when companies go headlong into jobs without a thought out plan well in advance of commencement then 9 out of 10 times they end up bust. The immigration model is well bust in my opinion.

While getting of these to help is a good idea, if you work in construction then you know that a gang of randomers can't build a house, you also need electricians, plumbers etc. Perhaps crews drawn from the asylum seekers could paint and clean up etc, but that is not enough. However, the bulk of the volume as Ukrainians and there is more than enough work in Ukraine for builders, they are not coming here. There might be scope for offering visas to Albanians etc who can build, provided they work in construction.

QuoteOne last thing on this, sanctimonious shit aside, the radio silence from the Catholic Church is interesting. I don't have exact

numbers but I believe we have about 2500 catholic priests in the country and just over 1000 parishes. Again I can't verify if this equates to 1000 fully habitable rectorys (many of which are fairy large in size, particularly in large and salubrious city surburbs). Assuming we have 700 or 800 priest homes along with adjacent lands wouldn't that level of readily available accommodation allow for an easy and quick solution (in part) plus it would lend itself to a fair and equal share where we are "all in this together" so to speak, where a better level of integration will be availed of and all communities in the land will be chipping in.  I'm sure the existing priests can downsize elsewhere within their communities.

Some of our resident Protestants might have the numbers on their available accommodation also. ...

These bodies have helped and probably there is more scope for this. But you now have situation where if some old building is provided that you have a mob of neo Nazis protesting outside.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Phillip McMahon, an anarchist rascal on the pitch no doubt but sound in the ways of the life and the world posted this on his twitter page.

Main Street

Main Street

Main Street

Main Street