Gaaboard Purge required?

Started by bennydorano, November 06, 2016, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Admins be able to ban posters for being tubes?

Yes
51 (65.4%)
No
15 (19.2%)
Am I aware of irony
12 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

bennydorano

It's a discussion board, I'm advocating change through discussion, why would I leave?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2016, 07:50:57 PM
I would actually agree with that, Connacht well represented too.

1 or 2 or 3 I assume.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Most of the posts I read on this board,I would consider nonsensical and based on the prejudice of the originator.So judgement is entirely subjective

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: The Stallion on November 06, 2016, 07:53:07 PM
Quite the ill-conceived little thread this.

Consistent with some of the arrogant egotistical nonsense which several posters have been espousing lately.

Some people don't seem to want any dissenting opinions. It's curious behaviour.
Wrong. People welcome all opinions, as long as they are sensible.  There are a number of posters here, however, who seem intent on doing nothing other than winding people up and I don't see what the point is in that
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on November 06, 2016, 08:14:41 PM
Most of the posts I read on this board,I would consider nonsensical and based on the prejudice of the originator.So judgement is entirely subjective
I assume you do see the irony in this post.
Careful now

bennydorano

Yip and as I stated already that should be in the Administrators' gift to decide. It's called being a moderator.

Windmill abu

Troll

I propose that anyone unable to recognise a troll should be banned.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on November 06, 2016, 07:53:07 PM
Quite the ill-conceived little thread this.

Consistent with some of the arrogant egotistical nonsense which several posters have been espousing lately.

Some people don't seem to want any dissenting opinions. It's curious behaviour.

There's a difference between dissent and simple trolling.

Dissent is contrary opinion argued logically, honestly and with evidence. That is to be welcomed, always.

Trolling is just posting provocative, ill-supported nonsense in order to get attention or derail a discussion.

Trolling should be confronted, but, ultimately, if it doesn't stop, just ignored. Starve the troller of attention and he'll soon f**k off somewhere else. No need for bannings at all. Beyond the norms of decorum and respect, obviously.

ONeill

This is a nonsense thread. Benny has to go.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

Have you not already gave your opinion - a few times in different guises?😮

omaghjoe

Isnt trolling completely subjective? So how doyou know if someone is trolling or not?

Anyway some people would consider Mr Fearon one but I think he actually serves an important function by drawing out facts and the basis of peoples of people's opinions (even if that is not his intention) he actually makes more people more informed. The Hillsborough thread wsa a good example of this

The Stallion

It's amazing how many people on here, when faced with an opinion which differs from their own, immediately get aggressive and dismiss the other person as a troll.

trileacman

Quote from: The Stallion on November 06, 2016, 10:55:31 PM
It's amazing how many people on here, when faced with an opinion which differs from their own, immediately get aggressive and dismiss the ither person as a troll.

Tell us again how you think Klopps a clueless fcuker.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Purges come in 2 forms

the Stalinist version where the offending individual is neutralised
the anorexia version where the content is vomited

There is very little genuinely offensive stuff on the board thankfully but where there is it tends to come from Mr Partridge
and there is no moderation of it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 06, 2016, 10:20:34 PM
Isnt trolling completely subjective? So how doyou know if someone is trolling or not?

Anyway some people would consider Mr Fearon one but I think he actually serves an important function by drawing out facts and the basis of peoples of people's opinions (even if that is not his intention) he actually makes more people more informed. The Hillsborough thread wsa a good example of this
Speak for yourself, as one whose opinion is enhanced  after discussion with a ..........troll.