AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on July 02, 2023, 07:22:44 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on July 02, 2023, 01:47:08 AM
To all the armagh fans shouting to me as I left the ground today, put that in your pipe and smoke it and breath in for 21 long years

X2. The abuse they gave me and the two kids was pathetic. I can take banter but foul and abusive language crossed the line. Their team is like England and their fans behave the same way. Great to see them bate. Great to see them suffer on pens again.

X3. It makes me wish we'd stayed for the second game. What do they get out of goading children on the way out of a match? I know there are some sound proper GAA fans in their ranks, had plenty round me, but they seem to have way above their fair share of slabbers who are only there to get pissed and get on like tools.
Got home in time to watch the penalties on tv and it made my evening. Great stuff. Especially after their antics during the penalties.

seafoid

I don't understand why the teams played an Ulster championship exhibition match in Croke Park. It's too energy sapping.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 08:16:26 AM
To all the armagh fans shouting to me as I left the ground today, put that in your pipe and smoke it and breath in for 21 long years

X2. The abuse they gave me and the two kids was pathetic. I can take banter but foul and abusive language crossed the line. Their team is like England and their fans behave the same way. Great to see them bate. Great to see them suffer on pens again.

X3. It makes me wish we'd stayed for the second game. What do they get out of goading children on the way out of a match? I know there are some sound proper GAA fans in their ranks, had plenty round me, but they seem to have way above their fair share of slabbers who are only there to get pissed and get on like tools.
Got home in time to watch the penalties on tv and it made my evening. Great stuff. Especially after their antics during the penalties.

That's the worst thing about big games in Croke Park.

The amount of scumbags who travel on buses and shout and abuse people (especially parents with young kids) before, during and after the game.  Pure scum.

GAA authorities should be breath checking everyone who enters the stadium - over a certain limit, you're not getting in.  That would sort it.

You don't get it at games with crowds of 8,000 but the bandwagon lads/lassies are out in force for the bigger games.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra few quid to cover the costs  of extra staff if it stopped clowns abusing people and, as I say,  young children especially at games.

seafoid

Brendan Óg Ó Dufaigh could have been a sub yesterday. He was such a loss to Monaghan football.

Ethan Tremblay

Another year gone, another opportunity to take a step forward gone with it. 

Armagh lack that edge to take games by the scruff and force them over the line, it is what is going to keep them at the level they are at. 

The game itself was a poor spectacle, although the flair Kerry played with before hand maybe showed this game in a poorer light again. 

On the game itself Armagh were passive, letting Monaghan control the ball and dictate play.  Several players severely unperformed also.

Monaghan again showing true grit to get the win. 

I thought the ref was terrible also (that black card for Monaghan was a terrible decision), perhaps at this level they need more help as the pace is too quick? The decision to award McManus that free at the end was spot on however, sloppy tired tackling by that Armagh player cost them the game. 

Some of the fans going to these games are only there for a big day out drinking and really let themselves down.  I would be hesitant to bring my kids to games these days knowing the stuff they will see and have to hear.   Embarrassing stuff. 

For the Tyronies on here posting, its heartening to know Armagh getting beat on penalties (by the same team that knocked yous out of ulster in normal time) softens the blow of getting put in your rightful place when it comes to the top tier.  The amount of rubbish the rest of us have had to endure about this Tyrone team causing the big teams issues and as potential AI contenders has been ridiculous this past few weeks and months. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

LeoMc

They won the big one years ago and still go on about it.
They keep losing on penalties and all their neighbours dislike them.

Itchy

Quote from: onefineday on July 02, 2023, 06:41:30 AM
Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2023, 09:47:27 PM
Someone had to win but both teams were afraid to go for it. Saying that Armaghs refusal to push up with an extra man was ridiculous, especially as the black card straddled the break between normal time and extra time which meant that standing off was an instruction from the line, not something on field. A sad indictment of McGeeney I would say. But no doubt he will go another year.
In fairness to them they could never have foreseen a situation like that, if exactly the same thing had happened to them earlier in the championship they'd have discussed what they should have done in that situation and committed to taking the game to the opposition if it ever happened again, but what are the chances of playing the first period of extra time a man up due to a black card twice??

You aren't following what I am saying. The black card was given just before the end of normal time. The team and management then had a 10 minute break and a chance to organise for extra time. They clearly decided to sit off Monaghan. That's a very conservative thing to do and the net effect was both teams scored 1 point in that period so Armagh managed zero advantage from that period

RedHand88

There were ones who looked like they had just rolled out of the bus, sitting on the ground in drumcondra not fit to get up.

tyrone08

Didn't see the majority of the game however the blushes of the gaa were saved as having Hawkeye go down at a vital time could have caused a major issue if they had of been relying in that point.

Also you would think with kierarn having lost every thing for the last 9 years he would be used to it instead  of shouldering monaghan players at full time. He's never done acting the hard man.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2023, 08:16:26 AM

Genuinely sorry to hear that lads. No defending that and we do unfortunately seem to attract more of them than most or it is highlighted more anyway. Nothing worse than drunken gobshites who wouldnt know if the ball was pumped up or stuffed and could maybe name 2 players on the team.

Angus MacGyver

Some dive by Stefan Campbell. There's a  whiff of the garrison game off that lad.

Armagh18

Quote from: Angus MacGyver on July 02, 2023, 09:48:31 AM
Some dive by Stefan Campbell. There's a  whiff of the garrison game off that lad.
For the black card? Hardly a dive when his legs were clipped. Totally accidental though and never a card!

Gael80

Quote from: Itchy on July 02, 2023, 09:32:43 AM
Quote from: onefineday on July 02, 2023, 06:41:30 AM
Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2023, 09:47:27 PM
Someone had to win but both teams were afraid to go for it. Saying that Armaghs refusal to push up with an extra man was ridiculous, especially as the black card straddled the break between normal time and extra time which meant that standing off was an instruction from the line, not something on field. A sad indictment of McGeeney I would say. But no doubt he will go another year.
In fairness to them they could never have foreseen a situation like that, if exactly the same thing had happened to them earlier in the championship they'd have discussed what they should have done in that situation and committed to taking the game to the opposition if it ever happened again, but what are the chances of playing the first period of extra time a man up due to a black card twice??

You aren't following what I am saying. The black card was given just before the end of normal time. The team and management then had a 10 minute break and a chance to organise for extra time. They clearly decided to sit off Monaghan. That's a very conservative thing to do and the net effect was both teams scored 1 point in that period so Armagh managed zero advantage from that period

To be fair Armagh hit two bad wides in that period from three early attacks. If they go three up then it's a big lead in that sort of game so I don't think you can blame management for that.

I would agree overall Armagh were too negative yesterday however some composure at key moments on the field they'd have won the match. Whatever the debate about tactics it went down to the lottery of penalties so I don't think the narrative can be Corey got his tactics totally correct and McGeeney got his totally wrong. Two even teams and Monaghan got the bit of luck to get over the line.

tonto1888

Genuinely sorry for the abuse some Tyrone people and their kids suffered. Hope it doesn't put them off going back to games. Glad that our loss covers their teams abject failure also.

trailer

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on July 02, 2023, 09:14:51 AM
Another year gone, another opportunity to take a step forward gone with it. 

Armagh lack that edge to take games by the scruff and force them over the line, it is what is going to keep them at the level they are at. 

The game itself was a poor spectacle, although the flair Kerry played with before hand maybe showed this game in a poorer light again. 

On the game itself Armagh were passive, letting Monaghan control the ball and dictate play.  Several players severely unperformed also.

Monaghan again showing true grit to get the win. 

I thought the ref was terrible also (that black card for Monaghan was a terrible decision), perhaps at this level they need more help as the pace is too quick? The decision to award McManus that free at the end was spot on however, sloppy tired tackling by that Armagh player cost them the game. 

Some of the fans going to these games are only there for a big day out drinking and really let themselves down.  I would be hesitant to bring my kids to games these days knowing the stuff they will see and have to hear.   Embarrassing stuff. 

For the Tyronies on here posting, its heartening to know Armagh getting beat on penalties (by the same team that knocked yous out of ulster in normal time) softens the blow of getting put in your rightful place when it comes to the top tier.  The amount of rubbish the rest of us have had to endure about this Tyrone team causing the big teams issues and as potential AI contenders has been ridiculous this past few weeks and months.

Watching Armagh fans cheer and clap the Kerry goals.
We had a bad day. That's football. But we'll be back.