FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Stonewall. Clattered into her and knocked her to the ground while ball (that she never had a chance of getting) was still coming in.

The fact it was clumsy is completely irrelevant. Since when has "ah sure I didn't mean to do the clear and obvious foul I did" ever been an excuse?!

Hound

I thought it was stonewall too. She had her hands up on her back too. Clear pen. Sheva was poor throughout, was was Carusa.

But the response after going 1-0 down was much better than I expected. Unlucky not to snatch what would have been a deserved equalizer. Not having a good enough striker is the clear weakness in the squad unfortunately and tbh I was expecting a little more from Denise O'Sullivan and Littlejohn, but Katie was superb.

Capt Pat

I am not sure about the penalty. I have seen them given but I have also seen them overlooked. Their legs come together which causes the Aussie to fall. A bit of a hometown decision.

Abbie Larkin looked good during her time on the park. I would start her and Amber Barrett. Barrett apparently can't head the ball but she is a good player and might score a goal. I don't know what Carusa does or Sheva apart from giving away penalties.

trailer

Subjected myself to about 20 mins of the France v Jamaica game. It isn't great stuff. Very hard to watch. A lot of poor 1st touches. Not for the faint hearted.

Also I see Canada have the first Trans AND non-binary player. How you can be both I don't for the life of me know. More nonsense.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2023, 11:23:55 AM
Subjected myself to about 20 mins of the France v Jamaica game. It isn't great stuff. Very hard to watch. A lot of poor 1st touches. Not for the faint hearted.

Also I see Canada have the first Trans AND non-binary player. How you can be both I don't for the life of me know. More nonsense.

Justin Trudeau?

bogball88

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 21, 2023, 10:23:38 PM
I am not sure about the penalty. I have seen them given but I have also seen them overlooked. Their legs come together which causes the Aussie to fall. A bit of a hometown decision.

Abbie Larkin looked good during her time on the park. I would start her and Amber Barrett. Barrett apparently can't head the ball but she is a good player and might score a goal. I don't know what Carusa does or Sheva apart from giving away penalties.
Lol, what!?!?!? One would have thought this would have been a prerequisite, up there with kicking the ball and running

Capt Pat

Quote from: bogball88 on July 25, 2023, 10:39:48 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 21, 2023, 10:23:38 PM

Lol, what!?!?!? One would have thought this would have been a prerequisite, up there with kicking the ball and running

I just meant can't head the ball very well according to someone else on here. I am sure she can actually head it.

weareros

Maybe it was already discussed but surely the Malachy Clerkin article was over the top on Sheva for giving away the penalty. Basically called her stupid. Did IT or Irish media writes articles like that about Packie when he let in the soft goal versus Netherlands at WC in 1994 or Lee Carsley when he denied us qualification for Euros when he fell and handled the ball in the penalty area. Anyway, big challenge tomorrow but hopefully the women can pull off a result.

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on July 25, 2023, 06:53:20 PM
Maybe it was already discussed but surely the Malachy Clerkin article was over the top on Sheva for giving away the penalty. Basically called her stupid. Did IT or Irish media writes articles like that about Packie when he let in the soft goal versus Netherlands at WC in 1994 or Lee Carsley when he denied us qualification for Euros when he fell and handled the ball in the penalty area. Anyway, big challenge tomorrow but hopefully the women can pull off a result.

Ah, as with all teams you win together, you lose together ......... I'm sure Dick did something stupid on the playing field at some time?

Hound

Quote from: weareros on July 25, 2023, 06:53:20 PM
I saw an article in the IT using Sheva to put the boot into Vera (think it was a female writer).

Basically saying that Sheva was parachuted into the squad from nowhere, rarely starts for her team in the US (Washington), has been poor in the games she has played for Ireland pre World Cup and can't understand why she is in the squad, never mind the team. But that it's not Sheva's fault that she is not up to it, it's the manager's fault for picking her.

That may be a bit harsh, but they should not be immune from criticism. The men's team has received plenty of criticism over the years.

Harold Disgracey

Great start. 1-0 Ireland, goal directly from a corner after 4 mins.

weareros

Hound

Really good first half performance.Sickner at the end, so need to go again

weareros

Need a bit of an old miracle now. Canada came out in second half with intent. Well on top now.

Pub Bore

2-1 FT. No complaints, Canada were comfortably the better team.