FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

So after tonights  results it looks like Ireland still have a chance. I thought after the Serbian defeat we were gone.

ONeill

Jaysus get the finger out Argentina. They have to win at the top of a mountain to qualify.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JPGJOHNNYG

Will anyone have pointed out to Martin that we need to win tonight or will we have another Georgian performance and be delighted with a draw as we were played off the park by the second string team of the 103rd ranked country. We could just play for the draw and hope Georgia do the hard work for us and beat Wales lol

Esmarelda

Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2017, 09:31:35 PM
Two poor performances and obviously a failure to make playoffs won't leave much of an appetite for them to continue. Dunphys head may explode..
I think I heard Brian Kerr say that we've played seven games in 2017. Won one, drawn three and lost three. The one victory was a friendly against Uruguay. With the entertainment level at virtually zero (unless Roy does the press conferences) is this what's worthy of a new contract?

JPGJOHNNYG

Of course it wasnt any new contract should have been dependent on qualification or at worst reaching the play-offs. The FAI just making the same mistake they made with Trap but hey its mainly not their money so no worries right?

An Watcher

Seriously lads, what's the alternative?
Sam Alderdyce, Dave O'Leary, Moyes!?

The players aren't there but I for one will be happy to see Martin n Roy on the bench when we go to Cardiff.  That's before any of the other names mentioned.  I thought Ireland played very well v Serbia and a similar performance should suffice tonight

ashman

Quote from: An Watcher on October 06, 2017, 10:41:22 AM

The players aren't there but I for one will be happy to see Martin n Roy on the bench when we go to Cardiff.  That's before any of the other names mentioned.  I thought Ireland played very well v Serbia and a similar performance should suffice tonight

Hard to argue with that .  Does a certain business man still pay a contribution toward the management costs ?

Esmarelda

Quote from: ashman on October 06, 2017, 10:52:07 AM

Hard to argue with that .  Does a certain business man still pay a contribution toward the management costs ?
The point is that a contract is being offered before we even make a playoff. Failure to make the playoff would worsen the record I've outlined above.

So I'd say it's not in the slightest bit hard to ague with that.

JPGJOHNNYG

Thats the problem though we can play ok and we were a bit unlucky against Serbia so why the fook did we play that sh1te against Wales, Austria and Georgia when we were actually lucky to get a point in each of those matches in the end. It doesnt make any sense. The other teams in our group are very very ordinary. O Neill is great for man management making him perfect for a team with little ability such as Ireland unlike Trap however his tactics at times have been desperate especially in some of the must win matches.

laoislad

Bring back Big Mick or if not him then someone like Chris Hougton.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

I think I was wrong earlier when I said head to head was used and not goal difference. Apologies.

Even though Martin and Roy's team selections leave me confused a lot of the time I still think they're doing a decent job. Hard to see anyone doing better with what we have. We were in similar shit with a couple of games to go in the Euro qualifiers and look how that ended up?

Maroon Manc

Whats the deal with the play offs if Ireland win tonight and beat Wales, are they seeded or is it an open draw?

The lack of English born players in the premier league has had a knock on affect for Ireland, there's players in that England squad like Cahill, Keane & Redmond who would have played for Ireland 20 years ago but with the lack of English players in the league anyone who has a half decent run gets a chance for England.

Mayo4Sam

Look at what Michael o'Neill is doing with the North, it's light and day. The times we've actually gone out to play, like NI do all the time, we've looked good and done well, even against bigger teams.
I think that's the main problem, we just sit back and it's Ineffective and brutal to watch
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 06, 2017, 01:43:49 PM
Look at what Michael o'Neill is doing with the North, it's light and day. The times we've actually gone out to play, like NI do all the time, we've looked good and done well, even against bigger teams.
I think that's the main problem, we just sit back and it's Ineffective and brutal to watch

He's massively over achieving with the players he has up there.

Given the squad Ireland have qualifying for every other tournament would be about right.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 06, 2017, 01:43:49 PM

Agreed its this 1-0 up and then hold on for dear life shit no matter how useless the opposition is, you would think we would learn after a couple of times when we blow it but no we are still doing it nearly every match