FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: ballinaman on May 14, 2013, 03:51:58 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2013, 03:49:27 PM
I'd love to go to Wembley to see that game but wouldn't know where to even try for a ticket (in with Irish). Ticketmaster.co.uk are selling them but along with bus tours and in with the English...so feck that. It's my 40th the day after too and really should have been on the ball before now...Whats the procedure for looking tickets in the Ireland end?
The FA website were selling Irish supporter section tickets before? Are they still available on the FA website. I got mine through my season ticket in the Aviva.

Irish end still available.Get on it illdecide
http://ticketing.thefa.com/

Is there any supporter clubs to go with? or meet up with (hotel etc)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on April 28, 2013, 12:10:04 AM
PFA Division 4 Team of the Year 77-78, 78-79,
PFA Division 3 Team of the Year 80-81,
PFA Division 2 Team of the Year 81-82, 82-83, 83-84, 84-85.

Well done FTB.

That got me googling and what I found was interesting and maybe hints at some myths being just that. From a quick search it looks like Roy Keane and Mark Lawrenson have 5 (all top division). Denis Irwin has 4, 2 of them in the top flight. Aldridge has 4 - none of them with Liverpool or in the top flight! Ian Harte has 4 also - one of the in the top flight. Brady and O'Leary have 3 (all top division) and Gary Kelly has 3 also, 2 in the top division. Interestingly Giles and McGrath only have 2 each, one of Giles' was for the second division with WBA and one of McGrath's was for United. Ray Houghton has 2 also, one top flight one with Liverpool and another Div 2 one with Fulham.

ballinaman

Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2013, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 14, 2013, 03:51:58 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2013, 03:49:27 PM
I'd love to go to Wembley to see that game but wouldn't know where to even try for a ticket (in with Irish). Ticketmaster.co.uk are selling them but along with bus tours and in with the English...so feck that. It's my 40th the day after too and really should have been on the ball before now...Whats the procedure for looking tickets in the Ireland end?
The FA website were selling Irish supporter section tickets before? Are they still available on the FA website. I got mine through my season ticket in the Aviva.

Irish end still available.Get on it illdecide
http://ticketing.thefa.com/

Is there any supporter clubs to go with? or meet up with (hotel etc)
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/london-travel-accommodation_topic40958_page63.html

Details in this thread. I'm staying with friends in Clapham but will be heading to Hennesseys in Kingsbury on Wednesday afternoon!

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2013, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 28, 2013, 12:10:04 AM
PFA Division 4 Team of the Year 77-78, 78-79,
PFA Division 3 Team of the Year 80-81,
PFA Division 2 Team of the Year 81-82, 82-83, 83-84, 84-85.

Well done FTB.

That got me googling and what I found was interesting and maybe hints at some myths being just that. From a quick search it looks like Roy Keane and Mark Lawrenson have 5 (all top division). Denis Irwin has 4, 2 of them in the top flight. Aldridge has 4 - none of them with Liverpool or in the top flight! Ian Harte has 4 also - one of the in the top flight. Brady and O'Leary have 3 (all top division) and Gary Kelly has 3 also, 2 in the top division. Interestingly Giles and McGrath only have 2 each, one of Giles' was for the second division with WBA and one of McGrath's was for United. Ray Houghton has 2 also, one top flight one with Liverpool and another Div 2 one with Fulham.

Shows how good Lawrenson was considering his career was cut short before his 33rd birthday, by injury.

Keane obviously was a class apart especially looking at how hard it appears for Irish players to be recognised, look at McGrath's measly 2 awards.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

McGrath was a brilliant player in his pomp but lacked consistency. I wasn't surprised he only made 2 to be honest. Injuries and other demons were the major cause of his inconsistency. I think most Irish people have a slightly rose tinted view of McGrath's career to be honest, especially his club career.

Lawrenson was a fantastic player. Made Alan Hansen. Could play centre mid excellently too. Pity he forgets he is Irish at times!

Just checked another one - Kevin Sheedy has 2, both top flight. He was a brilliant player. Never realised he was at Liverpool and they let him go to Everton.

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2013, 10:35:52 PM
McGrath was a brilliant player in his pomp but lacked consistency. I wasn't surprised he only made 2 to be honest. Injuries and other demons were the major cause of his inconsistency. I think most Irish people have a slightly rose tinted view of McGrath's career to be honest, especially his club career.

Lawrenson was a fantastic player. Made Alan Hansen. Could play centre mid excellently too. Pity he forgets he is Irish at times!

Just checked another one - Kevin Sheedy has 2, both top flight. He was a brilliant player. Never realised he was at Liverpool and they let him go to Everton.

Great friend of Ronnie Whealan, who made him surplus to requirements at Anfield.

ballinaman

Heading over to London tonight. Will be in Hennesseys in Kingsbury from about 2pm. I'll have the 4 provinces flag with me if anybody is knocking around.
Looking forward to it, can't see there being any trouble from our end at least.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ballinaman on May 28, 2013, 11:34:02 AM
Heading over to London tonight. Will be in Hennesseys in Kingsbury from about 2pm. I'll have the 4 provinces flag with me if anybody is knocking around.

Will there be many Irish fans at the game??

ballinaman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 28, 2013, 11:35:39 AM

Hard to tell. There is due to be about 1,000 regulars meeting in Hennesseys before the game. I'm bringing 4 tickets with me for lads who are living in London. Irish fans have been given the corner section to the right of the camera both upper and lower tiers.

ludermor

Quote from: ballinaman on May 28, 2013, 11:39:14 AM

Hard to tell. There is due to be about 1,000 regulars meeting in Hennesseys before the game. I'm bringing 4 tickets with me for lads who are living in London. Irish fans have been given the corner section to the right of the camera both upper and lower tiers.
There is a big crowd going alright, ive heard of lots of lads picking up tickets the last few weeks and definitely wont be confined to the Irish end.
Ballinaman, ill be in either the Blue Check or Watkins Folly, they are right beside the stadium at the wembley park end, Both pubs are owed by a Kiltane man. Hennessys will get some shock, it is a big GAA pub, maybe not as big a shock as the beer exchange in Berlin though! 

ballinaman

Quote from: ludermor on May 28, 2013, 11:49:44 AM

There is a big crowd going alright, ive heard of lots of lads picking up tickets the last few weeks and definitely wont be confined to the Irish end.
Ballinaman, ill be in either the Blue Check or Watkins Folly, they are right beside the stadium at the wembley park end, Both pubs are owed by a Kiltane man. Hennessys will get some shock, it is a big GAA pub, maybe not as big a shock as the beer exchange in Berlin though!
Grandest ludermor. I've to go to Hennessys to meet the lads I've tickets for. If Hennessys gets too rammed, I'll be down to you. Tube from Kingsbury goes to Wembley Park end so will be going that way anyways. Haha, that was some night, one of the best of the euros...we had hope then at least!

Denn Forever

I know the last game at Landsdowne Road didn't go well but was the problem due to anti IRA chants and singing no surrender?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22601616

Roy Hodgson urges England fans to avoid offensive songs
England manager Roy Hodgson has asked fans not to sing antagonistic songs during a friendly against the Republic of Ireland at Wembley on 29 May.

It will be the first meeting since a game at Lansdowne Road was abandoned in 1995 because of crowd trouble.

Hodgson, in an email to England ticket holders and in his programme notes, asks fans to avoid songs with political or religious overtones.

England fans have been known to sing anti-IRA songs.

The email reads: "Ahead of the Ireland fixture, on behalf of the FA, I would like to ask our supporters to please respect our opponents and welcome them in the right way.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

Keep one of those for Tony Fearon.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

I was flying out of Stansted to Dublin yesterday and there were plenty in Irish jerseys arriving round the same time.

NAG1

So what are the Irish fans going to respond with when the England fans start to chant their anti-Irish songs?

Any suggestions?