FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuoteSo you prefer if we performed well and didn't qualify than qualify playing badly?

No look at the second part of my quote. If we get the performances right over a campaign I think the results will follow. Being results focused to my mind inhibits performances  - it's a mindset . I'm of the opinion that if you focus on the performance and try and concentrate on all the aspects of the game that goes into producing good performances then the natural outcome of the process is good results. A good example of this is to listen to any of our boxers who consistently focus on performances rather than the results, Derval O'Rourke is another good example of that mindset and attitude. I know the some Liverpool lads may sneer at him but to me Rodgers is a good example of it - let's see where he gets them at the end of the season to judge him fully.

QuoteOk, what I meant is 'regarded' as technically superior - i.e. they are ranked 21 in the world we are 40th.

Fair enough

QuoteWas that the tactics where the lads were getting tired as you have stated in a previous post? I didn't think tiredness was a tactic. Am I missing something?

No to my mind the tactical mistakes he made were not pushing on in the second half to kill off the game. At the stadium last night you could see that Austria were gone so to speak but as the second half wore on and they made a change or two you could see their confidence rising as we just conceded possession to them. s that was tactical mistake number one. Number two was his substitution of Long instead of Sammon/Walters. Personally I'd have taken off Sammon and put Holohan on but even if he had put on Green for a front man the obvious candidate was Sammon. Green was more effective for us in Sweden when he played centrally and yet he stuck him on the right side wehen the damge was being done through their middle three. I think the tiredness thing comes into play more when you haven't got the ball and spend most of the time chasing it down so in another way its the outcome of his tactics of conceding possession and focusing on trying to defend.

QuoteI think when the balls were drawn we all feared the worst and that this group would be tight. Look, we are still in this and I think Trap is a poxy manager so he is likely to get 4 wins from the final 4 match's now. What I'm also disappointed about along with the result at this stage is Traps poor grasp of the English language, Manuelly was a big mistake by the FAI.

Funnily I had hoped he might change after the Euros so I wasn't too negative with the draw but I do agree he's poxy and I cannot see how we will get 4 wins from the final 4 matches. The communication issue is a disgrace I agree and from speaking to people with knowledge within the squad he's a disaster in trying to get his message across 

Applesisapples

The FAI are about to announce Frank Dawson, Antrim football manager as Trapp's special adviser on player relations...you heard it here first! ;)

muppet

Quiz question:

Kenny Samson was named on more English League Teams of the year than any other player: 11 (some Div 1 for Arsenal and some Div 2 for Crystal Palace).

What Irish capped player featured on the highest number of English League teams of the year?
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2013, 10:11:08 PM
Quiz question:

Kenny Samson was named on more English League Teams of the year than any other player: 11 (some Div 1 for Arsenal and some Div 2 for Crystal Palace).

What Irish capped player featured on the highest number of English League teams of the year?

Matt Holland?

On another Topic not a good day for Doyle, Hunt, Foley or Ward with Wolves almost assured of Division One Football next season. Should never have sacked Mick McCarthy!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

beer baron

I presume you're not including northern irish?

beer baron

Was thinking Keith Gillespie for a minute but doubt he ever made any no matter how far down the divisions he drifted. Hoolahan surely has a few ,def would've been on it the year they came up to the premiership  ???

muppet

MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Was it the recently passed, Tony Grealish?

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2013, 11:39:39 PM
Was it the recently passed, Tony Grealish?

No, though he did pick up one I think.

The man I am looking for won at least 7.
MWWSI 2017