FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

I notice there was a hint/suggestion by Tardelli yesterday that Darron Gibson might be on his way back the squad.

laoislad

Have a ticket but not sure if I can make it.
I'd be surprised if there is 40k at it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Crete Boom

Interesting Team by El Trap. While McShane doesn't really seem up to it at this level and I would like to have seen Holahan starting just off Shane Long to see if he and Ireland are capable of playing a modern 4-4-1-1/4-5-1, there is still could be a lot of positives to be gained out of tonight.

I don't really know much about Connor Salmon but friendlies are the time to find out about these players and by all account Trap is going to give Holahan the second half anyway.

Good to see Clark and Cunningham getting a start as it's time to see if these lads can offer an alternative to what's there already and see if the are anyway along to delivering on their underage promise. Also nice to see McCarthy getting more and more game time so he can adjust himself to Trap's gameplan and international football with McClean getting a chance to push himself back into the reckoning for a starting place.

Jeff Hendick is another that interests me and I hope Trap will give him some time on the pitch as I've seen in a couple of Derby Co matches and he's definitely one for the future so a few mins in the green shirt would be a huge confidence boost to him.

Declan

On a related point I see the Submarine Bar has closed -another victim of the recession - some craic in the Ole Ole days 

GalwayBayBoy

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Been a long time (if ever) since 2 Galway men started a game for Ireland.

Will be interesting to see how Conor Sammon gets on. I saw him play in the LOI a fair few times when he was with UCD and I didn't even think he particularly stood out at LOI level. Must have improved his game significantly after moving across the water. Well I hope so anyway.

AZOffaly

I'm staying in the ballsbridge hotel and the place is wedged with poles.
Might stroll on over and see can I get a ticket.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2013, 06:07:53 PM
Poles are great for support..

I'll get my coat.

rodney trotter

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

I'll get my coat.

Hence why they are expecting 40k..

Apparently so

laoislad

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 06, 2013, 06:38:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

I'll get my coat.

Hence why they are expecting 40k..

Oh dear,that went right over your head didn't it...

rodney trotter

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 06, 2013, 05:19:26 PM
Best of luck to the lads tonight. Been a long time (if ever) since 2 Galway men started a game for Ireland.

Will be interesting to see how Conor Sammon gets on. I saw him play in the LOI a fair few times when he was with UCD and I didn't even think he particularly stood out at LOI level. Must have improved his game significantly after moving across the water. Well I hope so anyway.
]

He is having a decent season at Derby, still that is only the Championship. Useful target man to play alongside Long.

Paul McShane at right back, comedy gold.

bennydorano

Jesus, some crowd of Poles @ game, home team outnumbered?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bennydorano on February 06, 2013, 08:25:57 PM

Quote#FlagWatch update: Limerick, Killarney and Galway all spotted on Polish flags. Out numbering Irish fans 5-1 I reckon. Embarrassing.

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 06, 2013, 09:17:02 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 06, 2013, 08:25:57 PM

Quote#FlagWatch update: Limerick, Killarney and Galway all spotted on Polish flags. Out numbering Irish fans 5-1 I reckon. Embarrassing.

Well the players aren't embarrassing themselves anyway and that's all matters.
The ole ole brigade will be back again when/if results improve.

spuds

Tardelli celebrated the Hoolahan goal as if he had just scored in the World Cup final himself again. Trapp had the look of someone who was just told that Hoolahan had fingered his mam.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard