FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Another great performance from McClean today apparently with a goal to boot, surely he has to be on the plane to Euros??
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omagh_gael

Quote from: laoislad on March 24, 2012, 11:23:10 PM
Another great performance from McClean today apparently with a goal to boot, surely he has to be on the plane to Euros??

Yup, the match of the day lads were singing his praises.

Harold Disgracey

I see Stephen Ireland wants back it!

"Obviously I've matured as a person since then. Things are much more settled and I'm at a club where I am playing. Now the kids are putting pressure on me to play for Ireland... it all could have been dealt with in a better way at the time. But even if it had been I'd still have needed that big gap at some stage anyway...
"But I really don't know the answer. It came across as if it was a burden to me to play for my country – but that's not the case."

Would you want him back?

Applesisapples

Declan

QuoteWould you want him back?

to err is human to forgive divine

From the Bunker

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 30, 2012, 01:42:39 PM

“Obviously I’ve matured as a person since then. Things are much more settled and I’m at a club where I am playing. Now the kids are putting pressure on me to play for Ireland… it all could have been dealt with in a better way at the time. But even if it had been I’d still have needed that big gap at some stage anyway…
“But I really don’t know the answer. It came across as if it was a burden to me to play for my country – but that’s not the case.”

Would you want him back?

Yes, but after the European Championships. If he wants to make a fresh start, let him come back at the start of the qualification for the world Cup. Not the end when we have qualified!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 30, 2012, 03:45:54 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 30, 2012, 01:42:39 PM

"Obviously I've matured as a person since then. Things are much more settled and I'm at a club where I am playing. Now the kids are putting pressure on me to play for Ireland... it all could have been dealt with in a better way at the time. But even if it had been I'd still have needed that big gap at some stage anyway...
"But I really don't know the answer. It came across as if it was a burden to me to play for my country – but that's not the case."

Would you want him back?

Yes, but after the European Championships. If he wants to make a fresh start, let him come back at the start of the qualification for the world Cup. Not the end when we have qualified!

Exactly
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Leo

That anyone Irish with an ounce of patriotism or pride could even contemplate allowing a wa???r like that to be considered for a team representing our nation is puke-inducing.
On the other hand, if the best and most consistent Irish goalkeeper in the premiership, Paddy Kenny, is ostracised to the point where the Milwall reserve (who was also boen in England) outranks him for no logical reason, without a single comment from any TV or board pundit anywhere, how come there is such an interest in this want-away w????r who only lately has established himself in midfield for an Aston Villa team heading towards relegation at a speed of "McLeish of Birmingham" proportions?
You'll never beat the Irish my ho**.
Fierce tame altogether

Capt Pat

There was a story in the Indo today about somebody not making the squad for non football reasons? No other clues were given except tgat Mcean was likely to benefit.

AFS

Squad named tomorrow. Going to be very predictable unless there is any substance to the paper talk about an established player missing out. I'll take a wild guess at this being the 23:

Given
Westwood
Forde

Dunne
St. Ledger
O'Dea
O'Shea
Foley
Ward
Kelly

Whelan
Andrews
Gibson
McCarthy
McGeady
Duff
Hunt
McClean

Keane
Walters
Doyle
Long
Cox

Leo

Quote from: AFS on May 06, 2012, 10:21:57 PM
Squad named tomorrow. Going to be very predictable unless there is any substance to the paper talk about an established player missing out. I'll take a wild guess at this being the 23:

Given OK
Westwood  3rd choicr at Sunderland
Forde 2nd choice at Milwall""

Dunne
St. Ledger - reserve at Leicester
O'Dea - on loan from Celtic to Leeds who don't want him
O'Shea
Foley - occasional player in relegated team
Ward - OK
Kelly

Whelan
Andrews
Gibson
McCarthy
McGeady - th e only regular performer in premiership but nobody notices because hes reall scotish
Duff - back in form OK
Hunt - which one? the relegated player who hasn't scored in a seasom or his brother who gets the odd game with Reading?
McClean- he'll do

Keane
Walters
Doyle
Long
Cox

Between those five players I will hazzaed a guess at 20 goals total   in this last season.
Scary stuff.
Fierce tame altogether

Leo

Before anybody else notices my comment about McGeady is in the wrong place - what  I said applies to McCarthy (good player).

Sorry chaps.
Fierce tame altogether

Capt Pat

No place for Coleman or Stephen Ireland who was the fans player of the season at Villa. It is a shame to see talent like that going to waste for a country with limited resources like ours.

Capt Pat

There is already talk of an 8/9 year old making the squad the next time we qualify for a major tournament. The only problem is it might be the Spanish squad. John Joe Finn whise father is from Ballyhaunis in Mayo and mother is from Cameroon has been signed to the Real Madrid youth system by Zinedine Zidaine. The family lives in Spain where his father works for the government.