U14 Féile

Started by No wides, June 16, 2016, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Heading down tomorrow to Tipperary, wee lad playing in his first hurling Féile, and my first also as a spectator football or hurling, just looking at the fixtures cannot wait.  The lads have been training 4 days a week since winning the county championship and last night got their new kit, half zips, jerseys, trackies and togs, it was like Christmas for them all.  From speaking to others these are meant to amazing occasions for all involved, with the weather predicted to be good all weekend, roll on Friday.   

http://www.gaa.ie/my-gaa/getting-involved/feile-na-ngael

johnneycool

Our U14 girls are heading off to Newport for the Camogie Féile and taking the whole feckin club with them to the extent that we had to pull the U14 boys out of a regional blitz and possibly a few go games blitzes this Saturday!

Whilst the Féiles are good I think that there can be far too much emphasis put on them and then what happens next year when they're into U16's?

No wides

We are just basking at getting to the Féile, U16 can wait.  :)

AZOffaly

Jaysus Johnney are you coming down? I always thought you were Antrim for some reason.  We're hosting Ballygalget in camogie, and a team from Carlow, Burren Rangers, for the hurling. We've been killing cattle for weeks for the barbeque!

Feile is a great weekend, but I do agree there is an awful lot of emphasis being put on for what should essentially be a friendly competition displaying the love of hurling (and football in the Feile Peil) across all the counties and getting the kids to mix. As always, it's the kids who show us what it's all about, while the adults get too wrapped up in sponsorship, gear, travel, diet and winning matches. The kids just play together and normally get on like a house on fire.

AZOffaly

Where are you heading for No Wides?

No wides

Tipperary we are in division three of the hurling, all based in and around Cashel.

theskull1

Quote from: No wides on June 16, 2016, 10:22:00 AM
Tipperary we are in division three of the hurling, all based in and around Cashel.

No Antrim side in Div 3 no wides? Clooney in Div 4. Theyd have a good chance at that Id say. Some nice hurlers with mobility

We're in Div 2 Camogie. I can see where Johnny's coming from and think his 'curmudgeons' perspective needs to be considered a bit more. But theres something great about kids and supporters travelling away for a big weekends hurling and savoring what it is to be a Gael. It stays with you.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

No wides

We are not from Antrim.  :)

No wides

O'Donovan Rossa from Antrim are division two, I like that every team gets a quarter final be it the shield or the cup.

theskull1

Quote from: No wides on June 16, 2016, 10:42:56 AM

:o Doh .. dunno why I assumed that.

A good Cuchullain then?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Canalman

Thought national Feile was done away with and replaced with regional blitzes . Anyway best of luck to all involved. Hope weather is good............. alot depends on it obviously.

Frenzy of baking and sandwich making in Tipperary shortly.

Nice to see Naas in division 1.

No wides

Quote from: theskull1 on June 16, 2016, 10:49:42 AM
Quote from: No wides on June 16, 2016, 10:42:56 AM

:o Doh .. dunno why I assumed that.

A good Cuchullain then?

;) defo.

heffo

Quote from: Canalman on June 16, 2016, 10:52:59 AM

That Naas team were very strong in Dublin competitions and won U12 Group 1 Camaint in Dublin two years ago

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on June 16, 2016, 10:52:59 AM
Thought national Feile was done away with and replaced with regional blitzes . Anyway best of luck to all involved. Hope weather is good............. alot depends on it obviously.

Frenzy of baking and sandwich making in Tipperary shortly.

It's hosted by Tipperary and Waterford. Next year is Kilkenny, Carlow and Wexford I think. I had heard about Regional Feile's myself, don't know if there's been a uTurn on them.

As for the Sandwich making, never mind that. The world stock of aluminum will be depleted with all the tinfoil being used.

We're having a Barbeque for the 2 visiting teams on Saturday evening. Hope it stays dry!