The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: johnnycool on May 17, 2022, 09:23:16 AM
Quote from: onefineday on May 17, 2022, 12:46:57 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 16, 2022, 09:01:27 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 16, 2022, 08:15:56 AM
I'd say it's more about RTÉ thinking beforehand that Wexford will beat Westmeath out the gate and therefore they'd only need 30 sec coverage of their game on TSG.

Yip,
bare minimum effort put in and then they try to muster 3 or 4 minutes of highlights and I'm yet to see a ball, just bodies running around.

Welcome to the Tailteann cup level of effort people.
See a ball?? I couldn't even make out what colour each team was wearing. Cody will have his work cut out getting video analysis of that game to ready the troops for the weekend!

Them Kilkenny lads don't do video analysis, tactics or the likes, they just go out and hurl up a storm in a manly way.

;D

I could actually imagine Cody demanding to see the full video of the game to be perfectly honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 17, 2022, 10:48:07 PM
I'd say it's more about RTÉ thinking beforehand that Wexford will beat Westmeath out the gate and therefore they'd only need 30 sec coverage of their game on TSG.

Yip,
bare minimum effort put in and then they try to muster 3 or 4 minutes of highlights and I'm yet to see a ball, just bodies running around.

See a ball?? I couldn't even make out what colour each team was wearing. Cody will have his work cut out getting video analysis of that game to ready the troops for the weekend!

Them Kilkenny lads don't do video analysis, tactics or the likes, they just go out and hurl up a storm in a manly way.

;D

I could actually imagine Cody demanding to see the full video of the game to be perfectly honest.

He probably had his own 4K video made from several excellent vantage points.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Yip,

;D
And sending them off in front of their families is unmanly
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Sportacus

I don't like that bit where the panellists stand up in a row and try to use the graphics.  They're so busy trying to press the correct graphics button that they don't speak with any flow.  It's not good tv. Subtle difference but match of the day pre-programme the graphics and the panellists can chat away.

johnnycool

Quote from: Sportacus on May 22, 2022, 11:04:41 PM
I don't like that bit where the panellists stand up in a row and try to use the graphics.  They're so busy trying to press the correct graphics button that they don't speak with any flow.  It's not good tv. Subtle difference but match of the day pre-programme the graphics and the panellists can chat away.

Jesus, Derek MCGraths book couldn't have been any bigger...

imtommygunn

He's really unpopular on social media McGrath. Tbh I tend to record and fast forward through the analysis so don't hear it.

Sportacus

Quote from: johnnycool on May 23, 2022, 02:22:43 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 22, 2022, 11:04:41 PM

Jesus, Derek MCGraths book couldn't have been any bigger...
I haven't seen a catechism since primary school.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 02:23:57 PM
He's really unpopular on social media McGrath. Tbh I tend to record and fast forward through the analysis so don't hear it.

Won't have much to watch so.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kidder81

I only caught the Sunday Game last night, but I thought Derek McGrath was going to tell a bedtime story at one stage with his book  ::)

thewobbler

It would be a welcome surprise and a tremendous boon for GaA coverage  if Cavanagh and Cantwell were to fall in love and leave Ireland for a sunny island, somewhere very far away.

Wildweasel74

To think she got the gig over Dara O'Cinneide apparently. Not sure what Colm was on about Murphy been the best player out of Ulster past 10yrs, He a more influential in a game compared to Kilkenny, Mccarthy, Fenton, who all play
together along with alot of other previous great players. Teams had Multi Dublin players to mark, Teams play Donegal will look to marking Murphy and McBearty every game.

Derryman forever

Quote from: thewobbler on May 29, 2022, 03:51:37 PM
It would be a welcome surprise and a tremendous boon for GaA coverage  if Cavanagh and Cantwell were to fall in love and leave Ireland for a sunny island, somewhere very far away.

Brilliant 🤣🤣

From the Bunker

thewobbler

Imagine a drinking game where you had to down a shot every time Ger Canning said the word "ever".

Nobody would see the second half!

joemamas

Quote from: thewobbler on June 05, 2022, 10:31:46 PM
Imagine a drinking game where you had to down a shot every time Ger Canning said the word "ever".

Nobody would see the second half!

Or "Strongly built fellow" or "it's a huge one"