The FA Cup Thread

Started by Square Ball, December 02, 2007, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2024, 10:29:53 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 06, 2024, 09:18:34 PM
Quote from: jcpen on January 06, 2024, 08:02:54 PMIt lost it's magic since Manchester United felt they were too good to compete in it.

That was the beginning of the end. Still don't get why they couldn't have entered the youth team for the time the first team was away.
Liverpool entered a junior team, think someone beat them 5 something? But yeah it lost it's nostalgia because off Utd  ;D
it was Aston Villa in the league cup.

jcpen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2024, 10:29:53 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 06, 2024, 09:18:34 PM
Quote from: jcpen on January 06, 2024, 08:02:54 PMIt lost it's magic since Manchester United felt they were too good to compete in it.

That was the beginning of the end. Still don't get why they couldn't have entered the youth team for the time the first team was away.
Liverpool entered a junior team, think someone beat them 5 something? But yeah it lost it's nostalgia because off Utd  ;D
You might have had a point only for the fact it was a completely different competition...
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Just the two bites...

Where's Turf and Laois lad these days? ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Yeah of course you were fishing for bites, that's always a good one to use when you know you got something completely wrong.

seafoid

In the England of the 1980s there were 2 competitions run by 2 organisations. The Football League ran the First to Fourth divisions and the Football Association ran the FA Cup. In the early 90s the biggest clubs abandoned the Football League and joined forces with the FA and Sky to launch the Premier League. One of the results of this was the downgrading of the FA Cup.

Sportacus

Money talks. The FA Cup winner gets a couple of million.  Champions League qualification is six times that.
And so it goes with the money in the Premier League.  So managers are saving their best for the next league match. Which is a shame because the fans love a cup final and that's where you generate your next generation of fans.

Milltown Row2

Big banana skin tonight but...

Think there's plenty goals.. 2-3 Utd

For the craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Spurs v City and Chelsea v Villa the two stand out ties for the next round.

Capt Pat

United got another easy ride in the next round against Newport or Eastleigh away.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 08, 2024, 08:18:43 PMUnited got another easy ride in the next round against Newport or Eastleigh away.

They haven't  beat Wigan yet

Milltown Row2

Capt Pat

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2024, 08:51:57 PMUtd should be 4 up

Very wasteful with some big goal scoring chances.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orior

The Wigan keeper has a sister called Tess. It's true I tell ya.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Fair dues to Wigan - a 3rd tier club mixing it with Utd.