Wolves v Cambridge
Barnsley v Blackpool
Chelsea v QPR
Stoke v Newcastle
Swindon v Burton Albion/Barnet
Norwich v Bury

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

A bit if deja vu about this one. Didn't United get Villa away and Liverpool get Luton away in the third round last year or the year before?

Square Ball

last years draw

Blackpool v Aldershot/Basingstoke
Barnet v Colchester
Sheff Utd v Swansea
Reading v Burnley
Portsmouth v Wigan
Mansfield/Doncaster v Bolton
West Ham v Brighton
Leicester v Fulham
Derby v Wrexham
Wolves v Oldham
Bury/Chester v Ipswich
Man Utd v Aston Villa
Sheff Wed v Man City
Tamworth v Norwich
Salisbury/Nottm For v Charlton
Cardiff v Tottenham
Preston v Sunderland
Liverpool v Arsenal
Bristol Rovers/Bournemouth v Hereford
Watford v Stockport
Crystal Palace v Swindon
Bristol City v Coventry
Peterborough v Plymouth
QPR v Luton
Southend v Barnsley
West Brom v Leeds
Hull v Middlesbrough
Birmingham v Newcastle
Torquay/Leyton Orient v Southampton
Everton v Blackburn
Chelsea v Macclesfield
Stoke v Bradford/Millwall

Liverpool got Luton the year previous, a 5-3 game i think, did Alonso score from inside his own half?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Great draw for Chelsea. A home tie, against our local rivals. Should be pretty spicey!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TORGAEL

man city away to the hammers.....tasty match

Capt Pat

Why are the televised fa cup games so dull? Hardly any goals or action in them. I get the impression that both teams aren't really interested in Villa v Middlesboro

GTP

Deflected goal following a coner at least there won't be a replay.
Might be teams making too many changes leading to poor spectacle. Not sure Villa despite the good form have been entertaining this season.

shark

Quote from: GTP on January 06, 2024, 07:17:22 PMDeflected goal following a coner at least there won't be a replay.
Might be teams making too many changes leading to poor spectacle. Not sure Villa despite the good form have been entertaining this season.

Certainly struggle against teams who sit back. But only City have scored more goals than them in the PL this season.

jcpen

It lost it's magic since Manchester United felt they were too good to compete in it.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

AustinPowers

Quote from: jcpen on January 06, 2024, 08:02:54 PMIt lost it's magic since Manchester United felt they were too good to compete in it.

It lost its magic when clubs  realised  it was more profitable to  stay in the premier league,  rather than win a trophy.

Look at the teams who  go to the latter stages this  last number of years.  They are teams that  have big squads and can afford to play  second  strings and still progress: Chelsea arsenal Liverpool man city etc   Those teams in lower half of the PL, the   likes of  Everton Forest, Burnley,  Fulham , Palace etc  are more concerned with staying up.

Last I heard  teams got 200m or so  for being in  PL, and 10-15 for winning FA cup.  You do the maths.

clarshack

Quote from: jcpen on January 06, 2024, 08:02:54 PMIt lost it's magic since Manchester United felt they were too good to compete in it.

That was the beginning of the end. Still don't get why they couldn't have entered the youth team for the time the first team was away.

trailer

You get less than 2m for winning it. Thats the real problem.
Money talks...... bullshit walks

Hound

From what I saw, most of the prem league teams played strong teams, not 100% strong but 80%+, which I think is thanks to the kinda mid season break. But against perceived weaker opposition effort levels drop a percentage or two, which has led to reasonably drab games. I think there'll be some decent games on Sun/mon.

AustinPowers

Quote from: trailer on January 06, 2024, 09:37:24 PMYou get less than 2m for winning it. Thats the real problem.
Money talks...... bullshit walks

Well, there ye go. Lower than I thought

2 million v 200 million.  That's why  the FA cup  has been devalued

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on January 06, 2024, 09:18:34 PM

That was the beginning of the end. Still don't get why they couldn't have entered the youth team for the time the first team was away.
Liverpool entered a junior team, think someone beat them 5 something? But yeah it lost it's nostalgia because off Utd  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea