Started by ONeill, July 09, 2022, 11:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Derry should get extra because we beat Tyrone out the gate  ;D ;D ;D

Taylor

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 15, 2022, 02:01:01 PM

Cant do that.

Sure we werent rewarded when we did that to you numerous times over the last decade or so

seafoid

I think Derry will get 2 and Armagh 1 or 2
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NotedObserver

Rodgers and McCloskey would be the 2 for me from Derry but will prob be McKaigue and Glass.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on September 15, 2022, 02:19:10 PM
I think Derry will get 2 and Armagh 1 or 2
Yeah thinking the same as that. As always there'll be plenty of lads hard done by but at the end of the day they're only based off someone elses opinion, I'm sure the Kerry/Galway/Derry lads will be happy enough with the medals they won this year if they miss out on all stars.

tbrick18

Quote from: Taylor on September 15, 2022, 02:15:51 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 15, 2022, 02:01:01 PM

Cant do that.

Sure we werent rewarded when we did that to you numerous times over the last decade or so

Yeah but we weren't all ireland champions at the time.  ;D ;D

Realistically, I dont think too many players will be annoyed about not getting one.
From a Derry view, I think we'll get 2 with McKaigue a cert. The other will probably be a toss up between rogers and glass. Or we might just get the 1.

Armagh might get 1, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got none either.
Vast majority will go to Kerry/Galway/Dublin.

Estimator

Irish News Ulster All-Stars

1. Ethan Rafferty - Armagh
2. Conor McCluskey - Derry
3. Brendan Rogers - Derry
4. Chrissy McKaigue - Derry
5. J Og Burns - Armagh
6. Conor Doherty - Derry
7. Ban Gallagher - Donegal
8. Conor Glass - Derry
9. Gareth McKinless - Derry
10. Ethan Doherty - Derry
11. Stefan Campbell - Armagh
12. Rory Grugan - Armagh
13. Rian O'Neill - Armagh
14. Shane McGuigan - Derry
15. Benny Heron - Derry

Player of the Year: Rian O'Neill
Ulster League Champions 2009

The Trap

Rian O'Neill player of the year is a joke.
Brendan Rogers Chrissy McKaigue Conor Mccluskey Conor Glass and Shane Mcguigan all ahead and maybe even Rory Grugan too. Hard to beat your uncle batting for you in the press!

Armagh18

Quote from: The Trap on October 01, 2022, 08:51:16 AM
Brendan Rogers Chrissy McKaigue Conor Mccluskey Conor Glass and Shane Mcguigan all ahead and maybe even Rory Grugan too. Hard to beat your uncle batting for you in the press!
That free alone takes it. Unfortunately for the Derry lads it's your last performance that sticks in peoples heads where they were hammered against Galway whereas we went to penalties in a cracker.

imtommygunn

Only rogers ahead of him IMO.

tonto1888

Quote from: The Trap on October 01, 2022, 08:51:16 AM

He may not have been the most deserving but it is hardly a joke

Wildweasel74

Probably thought McKeigue should been POTY but he not be too worried. O'Neill was very poor first day against Donegaland was average enough against Galway free aside. I thought Campbell was a better player for Armagh when he started.

seafoid

7 Kerry
5 Galway
2 Derry
1 BAC
0 Armagh

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2022/1026/1331559-kingdom-to-the-fore-in-all-stars-football-selection/ ;)

The Clifford brothers, David and Paudie, are joined by team-mates Sean O'Shea, goalkeeper Shane Ryan, and defenders Jason Foley, Tadhg Morley and Gavin White.

Finalists Galway have claimed five berths. Damien Comer and Shane Walsh occupy two of the full-forward slots, with Liam Silke, John Daly and Cillian McDaid also included.

Semi-finalists Derry are represented by corner-back Chrissy McKaigue and midfielder Conor Glass, with Dublin's CiarĂ¡n Kilkenny, winning his fourth award, making up the team.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Would have had Rian in over at least 4 of those named and probably Rafferty in nets as well but that's probably just bias.

An Fhairche Abu

Rian O'Neill doesn't deserve an All Star ahead of anyone on that team. Rafferty the only valid shout from Armagh.

Very uncontroversial selection which is fairly spot on in my opinion bar perhaps Tom O'Sullivan losing out, rightly or wrongly the respective All Ireland performances where Silke pocketed Sean O'Shea and O'Sullivan had to deal with Walsh looks to have swung this selection, I don't think anyone would complain too much if he was in there ahead of Silke either although Silke had by a mile his best year in a Galway jersey and as already said had a superb AI final . McKaigue and Foley are automatic selections, midfield picked itself, forward selection is hard to argue against.