Dublin v Kerry AISF

Started by tonto1888, June 29, 2022, 09:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Great game. Really enjoyed it. Kerry the better team. Few points

Clifford is in the word of the great Jimmy Magee "Different class"
Sean O'Shea what balls to kick that point at the end.
The Kerry tackling was a different level to last year.
Dublin clearly get a lot of 50:50 decisions that have helped them over the years to their 6 in a row. Good to see yesterdays ref stand up for the most part and award frees against them and also not fall for every single dive.
Comerford's actions at the penalty were disgraceful but I didn't hear O'Rouke come out and say he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?
2 years now since Dublin have won an All Ireland, the GAA will probably invest €20m into them over the next 3 years to stop the decline.

Thanks to the trojan work of Tyrone last year Football was brought back from the brink. Kerry and Galway are continuing in that same vein.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2022, 01:06:13 PM
Great game. Really enjoyed it. Kerry the better team. Few points

Clifford is in the word of the great Jimmy Magee "Different class"
Sean O'Shea what balls to kick that point at the end.
The Kerry tackling was a different level to last year.
Dublin clearly get a lot of 50:50 decisions that have helped them over the years to their 6 in a row. Good to see yesterdays ref stand up for the most part and award frees against them and also not fall for every single dive.
Comerford's actions at the penalty were disgraceful but I didn't hear O'Rouke come out and say he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute?
2 years now since Dublin have won an All Ireland, the GAA will probably invest €20m into them over the next 3 years to stop the decline.

Thanks to the trojan work of TyroneMAYO  last year Football was brought back from the brink. Kerry and Galway are continuing in that same vein.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

O'Shea's was a great score but the key thing was it wasn't an equalizer!

If he had missed, game would have went to extra-time. So in certain respects, he wasn't under that much pressure.

Now, if they were 1 pt down, it'd be a different story. 

Some kick all the same.

caprea

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 11, 2022, 12:46:46 PM
Quote from: caprea on July 11, 2022, 10:18:11 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on July 11, 2022, 09:27:29 AM
I suspect McStay and Canning shaped a lot of peoples perception of the follow up to the penalty. I am just glad they weren't refereeing.

He kicks the ball with the right (hard but totally fair), kicks the head with the left in a clearly deliberate action.

That's the problem people have with it. You would have the same problem if it happened to you.

Clearly deliberate. Lol

[url] https://twitter.com/radiocleary/status/1546149643813359618?s=21&t=wmLz49qwzC8KFQ3hl7qfQQ [url]

It was deliberate. Sorry if you'd agree but there is no reason for the left foot to come off the turf abd into comerford's face. It's the non kicking foot. He's knows what he done. The punishment is a red card.

trueblue1234

Quote from: caprea on July 11, 2022, 01:18:44 PM
I suspect McStay and Canning shaped a lot of peoples perception of the follow up to the penalty. I am just glad they weren't refereeing.

He kicks the ball with the right (hard but totally fair), kicks the head with the left in a clearly deliberate action.

That's the problem people have with it. You would have the same problem if it happened to you.

Clearly deliberate. Lol

[url] https://twitter.com/radiocleary/status/1546149643813359618?s=21&t=wmLz49qwzC8KFQ3hl7qfQQ [url]

It was deliberate. Sorry if you'd agree but there is no reason for the left foot to come off the turf abd into comerford's face. It's the non kicking foot. He's knows what he done. The punishment is a red card.
That was not deliberate and not a red card. Right call.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Taylor

Kerry deserving victors but wouldnt have it as good as Galway/Armagh game.

Kerry very defensive in the first half - 12/13 players behind the ball which Dublin found very difficult to break down

Comerfords time wasting and shaking the goal posts was deplorable.

Hardly any point giving black cards out now given the lack of play during those 10mins for teams

O'Shea was well entitled to go for the rebound - but he definitely left the boot in to connect with Comerford - could have easily avoided him

Clifford is a genius but his fitness levels have to be questioned - has to be carrying a knock as he completely went out of the game in the second half - even when he had chances he couldnt convert them

McCarthy was immense for the Dubs - a real leader

marty34

Black card should be for 15mins or 20 mins even and stop clock if lads feigning injury for 3 mins.

Would cut a lot of stuff out.

caprea

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 11, 2022, 01:20:06 PM
Quote from: caprea on July 11, 2022, 01:18:44 PM

Clearly deliberate. Lol

That was not deliberate and not a red card. Right call.

I'm sure everyone who thinks that would think the same if it was someone's boot in their mush or their child's or brothers face.

It's clearly deliberate, the left foot would never go near comerford's face in a natural movement.

imtommygunn

I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this. What was the dublin defender at for Sean O'Shea's goal? Seemed to just go to his man and leave a massive gap for O'Shea to go at. Dunno what he was at.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2022, 01:36:50 PM
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this. What was the dublin defender at for Sean O'Shea's goal? Seemed to just go to his man and leave a massive gap for O'Shea to go at. Dunno what he was at.

Usual situation these days is for the forward to turn back and recycle it - 9 times out of 10 this happens so I presume the defender thought this was what O'Shea was going to do and second guessed it a bit, while O'Shea just just a chance and turned the opposite way towards goal.

imtommygunn

Didn't see your comment but fully agree. It was like - you're not my responsibility I'm getting my man forgetting the fact that there was now a massive gaping space for him to go for goal.

Sportacus

Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2022, 12:20:31 PM
He had only a small role in the game, but fair fucks to Paul Murphy for having the balls to play the pass to Clifford to win that free at the end.

Think back to Donegal in the Ulster Final. We had the ball after a Derry miss, over a minute left to play in a level game in injury time. Instead of showing some balls and trying to work it up the field to try to win the game, we instead proceeded to handpass the ball around our own 45, everyone afraid to be the one to take a chance on losing the ball in a turnover, instead happy to take the game to extra time.

Dublin could easily have turned over that ball into Clifford, but those players are obviously coached and encouraged to have a go.

Fair play to both teams yesterday. That was two teams just going at it, playing brave, intelligent, highly entertaining football, won by a kick that will go down in GAA history.

Clifford - those first half points were just mind-boggling. Has there been another player who could do what he can, the sheer breadth of his skills, winning ball, throwing shapes to make a quick yard of space, using those inches of room to hit outrageously accurate shots from all over the place with either foot?
And the kick out for that play was one of those down the middle 20 yard risky ones.  Again the goalie and I think it was Morley made it stick and got Kerry up the pitch. Ballsy and risky.

Blowitupref

@Captain Scarlet McStay is a born and bred Mayo man and played underage and senior football for them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2022, 12:20:31 PM
He had only a small role in the game, but fair fucks to Paul Murphy for having the balls to play the pass to Clifford to win that free at the end.

Think back to Donegal in the Ulster Final. We had the ball after a Derry miss, over a minute left to play in a level game in injury time. Instead of showing some balls and trying to work it up the field to try to win the game, we instead proceeded to handpass the ball around our own 45, everyone afraid to be the one to take a chance on losing the ball in a turnover, instead happy to take the game to extra time.

Dublin could easily have turned over that ball into Clifford, but those players are obviously coached and encouraged to have a go.

Fair play to both teams yesterday. That was two teams just going at it, playing brave, intelligent, highly entertaining football, won by a kick that will go down in GAA history.

Clifford - those first half points were just mind-boggling. Has there been another player who could do what he can, the sheer breadth of his skills, winning ball, throwing shapes to make a quick yard of space, using those inches of room to hit outrageously accurate shots from all over the place with either foot?

Good post, the team that shows courage deserves to win. Dublin also showed courage, a very good & enjoyable game. Costellos finish was top class.
Donegal do arse about & deserve f all, Bonner needs to go. No ambition.

Rudi

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 11, 2022, 01:52:55 PM
@Captain Scarlet McStay is a born and bred Mayo man and played underage and senior football for them.

Mayo man living in Ros town, former army man based in Athlone. Has managed Ros seniors, minors, numerous Ros Gaels sides, aswell as Brigids, where he won All Ireland club. He is still very much a Mayo man, can people not tell with the sh*te he talks ;D
Decent manager in fairness, played on the same pitch, hard going in terms of moaning, wanted every ball going his way.