Earlier Championship

Success
16 (33.3%)
Failure
13 (27.1%)
Too early to say
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?  (Read 6015 times)

Hound

• View Profile
Re: Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2022, 08:00:32 AM »
The HURLING MEN who suddenly care about Westmeath hurlers...They are talking about Westmeath hurlers on an RTÉ show that has never in my memory put them on telly live.

GPA original Donal Og is now on board for a games promotion argument in spite of the fact that players at all levels are keen on a split season.

Can anyone confirm when the Dub hurling championship is starting as I see lads on Twitter contradicting the Sept statement?

Now games promotion is the big worry even though most GAA players can't talk to media during the season bar crappy press nights. Like we lose so many youngsters every year to simply giving up and we are worried about the Premier League and Munster Rugby?!

Let's be honest the fun is only starting now!

Dublin Senior Hurling Championship starts on July 20

Dublin Senior Football Championship starts on August 6

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
The HURLING MEN who suddenly care about Westmeath hurlers...They are talking about Westmeath hurlers on an RTÉ show that has never in my memory put them on telly live.

GPA original Donal Og is now on board for a games promotion argument in spite of the fact that players at all levels are keen on a split season.

Can anyone confirm when the Dub hurling championship is starting as I see lads on Twitter contradicting the Sept statement?

Now games promotion is the big worry even though most GAA players can't talk to media during the season bar crappy press nights. Like we lose so many youngsters every year to simply giving up and we are worried about the Premier League and Munster Rugby?!

How many Dublin county footballers play hurling for their clubs? Would the clubs be up in arms should the Dublin team reach the All-Ireland final?
Finest GAAboard moment: finished joint first on week 2 of the League prediction competition.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »

How many Dublin county footballers play hurling for their clubs? Would the clubs be up in arms should the Dublin team reach the All-Ireland final?

Cuala certainly would.

Des Cahill would turn grey if they couldn't play games without Con.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2022, 02:34:54 PM »

Cuala certainly would.

Des Cahill would turn grey if they couldn't play games without Con.

They played the county u21 football final without him a few years ago , as it clashed with Cuala's run in the Leinster hurling. Think they lost by a point. In any other county it would have been postposed 6 months - or longer.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
I see on twitter than Galway Hurlers are not having a press night and Kerry Footballers didn't speak at theirs...what about the shop window for the childer to see find out more and see their heroes???!!!!

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »
I see on twitter than Galway Hurlers are not having a press night and Kerry Footballers didn't speak at theirs...what about the shop window for the childer to see find out more and see their heroes???!!!!

All all the better we are for it, if this is anything GPA related they need brought down a peg or 2 for their ongoing con

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2022, 05:22:55 PM »
One of the issues with a congested season is games will clash and underage matches like this weekends All Ireland minor quarter finals loses the lime light that those groups of young players deserve.

Saturday

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers round 2
Kildare v Mayo, Croke Park, 6pm
Roscommon v Clare, Croke Park 3:45pm

All-Ireland MFC quarter-fiinals
Cork v Derry, Portlaoise, 6pm
Tyrone v Kerry, Portlaoise, 4pm

Sunday

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers round 2
Armagh v Donegal, Clones, 4pm
Cork v Limerick, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 1.30pm

All-Ireland MFC quarter-finals
Mayo v Kildare, Tullamore, 2.30pm
Dublin v Galway, Tullamore, 12.30pm

Of course those at the top could have scheduled things better and had a few triple headers perhaps?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose