Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on June 13, 2022, 08:45:08 AM
Worst draw for us. Would have taken Clare or Cork to be honest.
Certainly capable of winning it at the same time but will have to bring our A game to have a chance.
Stop, absolute f**king dose of a draw when Clare or Cork were the other options.
Galway will have to play at a higher level than anything we've seen this year to date, Armagh have looked excellent the last two weekends.
Go hard or go home now.

Silver hill

Great draw for Derry. What a opportunity.
Conspiracy theorists now also silenced thankfully

bennydorano

Paddy Power

Galway 1/1  v Armagh 1/1 & 15/2 draw

Kerry 3/10 v Mayo 10/3 & 9/1 draw

Dublin 1/50 v Cork 16/1 & 33/1 draw

Derry 1/8 v Clare 11/2 & 14/1 draw

yellowcard

Best draw possible for Armagh, provides a realistic path of getting to AI final.

David McKeown

Delighted with that draw. Another team Armagh could beat but won't be favourites against and one that like Donegal have had the upper hand in recent meetings. Hopefully a second run out in Croke Park this year as well.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on June 13, 2022, 08:57:53 AM
Paddy Power

3 Munster teams in the quarters.. When did that happen last?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 08:59:22 AM
Best draw possible for Armagh, provides a realistic path of getting to AI final.

Why would you tempt fate like that. Go outside and turn around and spit 3 times immediately

Hound

One of Galway, Derry, Armagh, Clare into the All Ireland final. And all 4 will think they can do it!

Redhand Santa

Wonder what way they'll split the quarter finals. Dublin usually on the Saturday and I'd say it'll be same this time. The two big games are Kerry Mayo and Galway Armagh and they should have top billing each day but you'd imagine Dublin will be the second match (which probably suits most travelling teams on a Saturday evening anyway).

I think best chance of maximising attendance is to put Kerry Mayo on before Dublin Cork on the Saturday. The ulster teams would then bring big enough support to get a decent crowd on the Sunday.

bennydorano

Quote from: David McKeown on June 13, 2022, 09:02:15 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 08:59:22 AM

Why would you tempt fate like that. Go outside and turn around and spit 3 times immediately
Won't be long now anyway until we've Tyrone ones telling us our season will be a failure unless we reach an AIF.

Rossfan

Surely Cork v Dublin will be in neutral Thurles or Limerick.... ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Barring dublin cork very interesting set of fixtures. I don't think Derry will have it all their own way against Clare but still should win. Galway Armagh tie of round. Realistically Kerry Mayo should go Kerry's way but Galway Armagh could go either way. It will be interesting to see if Mayo still have a kick. Always thought Mayo could beat anyone - even the great Dublin teams - before the final just not in the final.

David McKeown

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 13, 2022, 09:04:05 AM
Wonder what way they'll split the quarter finals. Dublin usually on the Saturday and I'd say it'll be same this time. The two big games are Kerry Mayo and Galway Armagh and they should have top billing each day but you'd imagine Dublin will be the second match (which probably suits most travelling teams on a Saturday evening anyway).

I think best chance of maximising attendance is to put Kerry Mayo on before Dublin Cork on the Saturday. The ulster teams would then bring big enough support to get a decent crowd on the Sunday.

I'm confused by this too. According to the fixture list I was shown yesterday on the GAA website it was to be the Dublin and Galway games on the Saturday. That was obviously before the draw was made.

Gael85

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2022, 09:01:57 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 13, 2022, 08:57:53 AM
Paddy Power

3 Munster teams in the quarters.. When did that happen last?

2016 Clare, Kerry, Tipperary
2011 Cork, Kerry, Limerick

clarshack

No chance Armagh are getting beat by Galway.