Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 5

ONeill

Antrim v Cavan         Cavan by 2
Donegal v Armagh     Donegal by 1
Mayo v Galway           Mayo by 2
Laois v Wicklow         Laois by 4
Louth v Carlow          Louth by 3
Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 3
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

phpearse

Antrim v Cavan         Cavan by 4
Donegal v Armagh     Donegal by 3

Mayo v Galway          Mayo by 2

Laois v Wicklow         Laois by 4
Louth v Carlow          Louth by 6

Dreadnought

Donegal v Armagh     Donegal by 2

Laois v Wicklow         Laois by 5
Louth v Carlow          Louth by 5
Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 4

meatsy86

Week 2 fixtures, 6 games:

Antrim
v Cavan BY 3
Donegal v Armagh BY 3

Mayo v Galway BY 7

Laois v Wicklow BY 4
Louth v Carlow BY 10
Offaly v Wexford BY 5

Dreadnought

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 17, 2022, 11:58:31 PM
Firstly, a reminder on the scoring system: 1 point for correctly predicting the winner and a bonus point for getting the margin of victory for that team within a range.  Range A is 1-3 points, B is 4-6 points, C is 7-9 points and so on.  Margin of victory for extra time games will be the margin at the end of extra time.  Margin of victory after penalties will be 1 point.

So this weekends results saw Tyrone win by 7...so anyone who predicted Tyrone to win by 7, 8 or 9 get the bonus point.  Similarly, Letrim's 4 point victory gives the bonus to those who picked them by 4,5 or 6 points.  Sligo got there by 4 as well, so 4,5,or 6 got you the bonus.
There is no extra bonus for getting the margin of victory exactly correct.

This weeks results, with 6 points on offer from the 3 games, show 2 entrants on the max...well done to Benny Harp and Hoof Hearted.

Full leaderboard:

6: BennyHarp, Hoof Hearted

5: Farrandeelin, Fionntamhnach, imtommygunn, Itchy, oakleaflad, Oraisteach, rrhf, Substandard, Taylor, The Trap

4: AustinPowers, Blowitupref, Brick Tamlin, clubman21, Dire Ear, donelli, Ed Ricketts, giveballaghback, inroundthesquare, J70, Keyser soze,     Kong King, maigheo, Orior, phpearse, redhander, Rossfan, seafoid, Shamrock Shore, SHEEDY, sligoman2, tbrick18, The Boy Wonder, trueblue1234, twohands!!!

3: cloneman, David McKeown, dec, Dreadnought, Fear ón Srath Bán, FermGael, Gael85, Hound, laceer, Milltown Row 2, PMG1, rosnarun, Rudi, Tatler jack, toby47, weareros

2: Armagh18, Ball Hopper, bigarsedkeeper, JoG2, keeperlit, oliverkelly, ONeill, pbat

* PM me if you think your score is incorrect

Edit: Major revamp to leaderboard as Mod5 made an error in the first attempt.  Think all is correct now, but let me know if you think differently.

Can I ask about the bands? Think it's a bit strange to have a situation where for example, with a 3 point win someone who picks a 1 point win gets the bonus, but someone who picks a 4 point win (which is closer to the 3 point win) does not. The person who picked 4 guessed closer, but doesn't get recognition of this. Would a 1 score plus or minus not work better and reward those who are closer? I.e. if I pick 4, and the margin is 3 or 5 I get the bonus?

oakleaflad

Donegal v Armagh     Donegal by 2

Louth v Carlow          Louth by 7

Substandard

Antrim v Cavan         Cavan by 6
Donegal v Armagh     Armagh by 3

Mayo v Galway          Mayo by 7

Laois v Wicklow         Wicklow by 1
Louth v Carlow          Louth by 9
Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 6

laceer

bigarsedkeeper

Donegal v Armagh     Armagh by 2

Laois v Wicklow         Laois by 2
Louth v Carlow          Louth by 6
Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 4

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Dreadnought on April 21, 2022, 09:19:48 AM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 17, 2022, 11:58:31 PM
Firstly, a reminder on the scoring system: 1 point for correctly predicting the winner and a bonus point for getting the margin of victory for that team within a range.  Range A is 1-3 points, B is 4-6 points, C is 7-9 points and so on.  Margin of victory for extra time games will be the margin at the end of extra time.  Margin of victory after penalties will be 1 point.

So this weekends results saw Tyrone win by 7...so anyone who predicted Tyrone to win by 7, 8 or 9 get the bonus point.  Similarly, Letrim's 4 point victory gives the bonus to those who picked them by 4,5 or 6 points.  Sligo got there by 4 as well, so 4,5,or 6 got you the bonus.
There is no extra bonus for getting the margin of victory exactly correct.

This weeks results, with 6 points on offer from the 3 games, show 2 entrants on the max...well done to Benny Harp and Hoof Hearted.

Full leaderboard:

6: BennyHarp, Hoof Hearted

5: Farrandeelin, Fionntamhnach, imtommygunn, Itchy, oakleaflad, Oraisteach, rrhf, Substandard, Taylor, The Trap

4: AustinPowers, Blowitupref, Brick Tamlin, clubman21, Dire Ear, donelli, Ed Ricketts, giveballaghback, inroundthesquare, J70, Keyser soze,     Kong King, maigheo, Orior, phpearse, redhander, Rossfan, seafoid, Shamrock Shore, SHEEDY, sligoman2, tbrick18, The Boy Wonder, trueblue1234, twohands!!!

3: cloneman, David McKeown, dec, Dreadnought, Fear ón Srath Bán, FermGael, Gael85, Hound, laceer, Milltown Row 2, PMG1, rosnarun, Rudi, Tatler jack, toby47, weareros

2: Armagh18, Ball Hopper, bigarsedkeeper, JoG2, keeperlit, oliverkelly, ONeill, pbat

* PM me if you think your score is incorrect

Edit: Major revamp to leaderboard as Mod5 made an error in the first attempt.  Think all is correct now, but let me know if you think differently.

Can I ask about the bands? Think it's a bit strange to have a situation where for example, with a 3 point win someone who picks a 1 point win gets the bonus, but someone who picks a 4 point win (which is closer to the 3 point win) does not. The person who picked 4 guessed closer, but doesn't get recognition of this. Would a 1 score plus or minus not work better and reward those who are closer? I.e. if I pick 4, and the margin is 3 or 5 I get the bonus?

Nothing wrong with anything you say.  Ideally, the bonus point would be for exact margin only, but the league finals had only something like 2 out of 50+ entrants getting it right, so it was decided to expand it.  I did ask for opinions and got no replies.

It is what it is for now, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind and see if I can easily get the competition results quickly and not have too much work on a Sunday evening.

I'll have to move up to intermediate level on excel if things get much more complicated.

JoG2

Donegal v Armagh    Donegal by 4

Mayo v Galway          Galway by 1

Louth v Carlow          Louth by 5
Offaly v Wexford        Offaly by 3

Dreadnought

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 21, 2022, 10:23:41 AM

Nothing wrong with anything you say.  Ideally, the bonus point would be for exact margin only, but the league finals had only something like 2 out of 50+ entrants getting it right, so it was decided to expand it.  I did ask for opinions and got no replies.

It is what it is for now, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind and see if I can easily get the competition results quickly and not have too much work on a Sunday evening.

I'll have to move up to intermediate level on excel if things get much more complicated.

Grand so, thanks for replying. Hopefully it might not make much difference, but could be used as a tiebreaker if there's a tie at the top or such

Brick Tamlin

Antrim v Cavan - Cavan by 1
Donegal v Armagh - Armagh by 2

Mayo v Galway - Mayo by 3

Laois v Wicklow - Laois by 5
Louth v Carlow - Louth by 5
Offaly v Wexford - Offaly by 3