Football Championship Predictions- All salute Champion Farrandeelin

Started by GAABoardMod5, April 07, 2022, 06:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gael85

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

laceer

Tyrone by 9
London by 2
Sligo by 12

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: laceer on April 15, 2022, 06:43:20 PM
Tyrone by 9
Draw
Sligo by 12

You must pick a winner in all games.  Result on the Day rules apply...extra time and penalties as necessary.

laceer

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 15, 2022, 06:47:05 PM
Quote from: laceer on April 15, 2022, 06:43:20 PM
Tyrone by 9
Draw
Sligo by 12

You must pick a winner in all games.  Result on the Day rules apply...extra time and penalties as necessary.

Sorry about that

dec

ONeill

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on April 15, 2022, 03:40:59 AM
Quote from: ONeill on April 14, 2022, 11:02:27 PM
I think David puts his picks in late cos he has a machine that collates everyone else's and comes up with the best case scenario results. And Mod5 is in on it.

Right.  And nobody else can read the collating I present for everyone to see. 

Hopefully, people are taking stock of the performances in the League and not committing any funds to the bookies...although being a contrarian might be profitable enough, especially as far as Monaghan league games went.

That's the sort of talk a boy with a big algorithm machine would come out with.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GAABoardMod5

A final total of 61 entered this week.  Of course, anyone that missed this week can enter future weeks and possibly might catch up to the leaders very quickly.  I suppose much will depend on what algorithm they choose.

Back to the 61:

Tyrone 60 Fermanagh 1
Leitrim 44 London 17
Sligo 61 New York 0

The algorithm that is the collective genius of the 61 also says:

Tyrone to win by 9 or 10 points
Sligo by about the same or maybe a bit higher at 10 to 11
Leitrim by 2

Will do a final tally on Week 1 on Sunday...unless FermGael has a reason to post on Saturday night.

David McKeown

Quote from: ONeill on April 14, 2022, 11:02:27 PM
I think David puts his picks in late cos he has a machine that collates everyone else's and comes up with the best case scenario results. And Mod5 is in on it.

Yes it's inherently that and/or that I am incredibly lazy and don't bother thinking about it to the Friday. Next week may be no different depending on DRA hearing dates
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GAABoardMod5

Firstly, a reminder on the scoring system: 1 point for correctly predicting the winner and a bonus point for getting the margin of victory for that team within a range.  Range A is 1-3 points, B is 4-6 points, C is 7-9 points and so on.  Margin of victory for extra time games will be the margin at the end of extra time.  Margin of victory after penalties will be 1 point.

So this weekends results saw Tyrone win by 7...so anyone who predicted Tyrone to win by 7, 8 or 9 get the bonus point.  Similarly, Letrim's 4 point victory gives the bonus to those who picked them by 4,5 or 6 points.  Sligo got there by 4 as well, so 4,5,or 6 got you the bonus.
There is no extra bonus for getting the margin of victory exactly correct.

This weeks results, with 6 points on offer from the 3 games, show 2 entrants on the max...well done to Benny Harp and Hoof Hearted.

Full leaderboard:

6: BennyHarp, Hoof Hearted

5: Farrandeelin, Fionntamhnach, imtommygunn, Itchy, oakleaflad, Oraisteach, rrhf, Substandard, Taylor, The Trap

4: AustinPowers, Blowitupref, Brick Tamlin, clubman21, Dire Ear, donelli, Ed Ricketts, giveballaghback, inroundthesquare, J70, Keyser soze,     Kong King, maigheo, Orior, phpearse, redhander, Rossfan, seafoid, Shamrock Shore, SHEEDY, sligoman2, tbrick18, The Boy Wonder, trueblue1234, twohands!!!

3: cloneman, David McKeown, dec, Dreadnought, Fear ón Srath Bán, FermGael, Gael85, Hound, laceer, Milltown Row 2, PMG1, rosnarun, Rudi, Tatler jack, toby47, weareros

2: Armagh18, Ball Hopper, bigarsedkeeper, JoG2, keeperlit, oliverkelly, ONeill, pbat

* PM me if you think your score is incorrect

Edit: Major revamp to leaderboard as Mod5 made an error in the first attempt.  Think all is correct now, but let me know if you think differently.

GAABoardMod5

Week 2 fixtures, 6 games:

Antrim v Cavan
Donegal v Armagh

Mayo v Galway

Laois v Wicklow
Louth v Carlow
Offaly v Wexford