Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Well, thank f**k their suspensions were overturned.

Now, if we could only get through the next week without this thread turning into a whingefest about the referee on Sunday and all the injustices HE will rain down on them...

Main Street

If there is a  6 county nordie whingefest about  how the ref fracked them over, well that means you have beaten them and beaten them black and blue.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on April 21, 2022, 01:47:05 AM
If there is a  6 county nordie whingefest about  how the ref fracked them over, well that means you have beaten them and beaten them black and blue.

Not necessarily. Some of our fellow board members from across the border get enraged about the "imbalanced" refereeing regardless of the result. In some cases they win despite the biased referee. ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on April 21, 2022, 12:58:41 AM
Well, thank f**k their suspensions were overturned.

Now, if we could only get through the next week without this thread turning into a whingefest about the referee on Sunday and all the injustices HE will rain down on them...

I happen to think Deegan is one of the better refs and am happy enough with him. That said, I reserve the right to change my opinion haha

general_lee

I love Armagh's ability to trigger so many  freestaters

Redhand Santa

Good luck to our 6 county neighbours. Never easy taking on teams from the south when they have the backing of the officials. Donegal will try every trick in the book in Ballybofey, Armagh have to try and rise above it and play football.

JoG2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 21, 2022, 08:02:29 AM
Good luck to our 6 county neighbours. Never easy taking on teams from the south when they have the backing of the officials. Donegal will try every trick in the book in Ballybofey, Armagh have to try and rise above it and play football.

Northern Ireland abu

yellowcard

Whilst it is not quite now or never for Armagh it does feel as though they are well overdue a big championship win and I think we will get a big performance on Sunday. The defence has improved a lot this season and we have the ammunition to trouble a Donegal defence which will give you chances. So I think we could see a fairly high scoring game that could well go to the wire but I think Armagh have a greater need for a win and can come out on top to give us a great chance of getting back to an Ulster final. 

greatpoint

It's crazy that no Donegal players were suspended, pure bias.

yellowcard

Quote from: greatpoint on April 21, 2022, 11:56:13 AM

Ferry and McGee are suspended. McGee wouldn't have played anyway so both teams have one starting player suspended so there are no excuses for either side.

Main Street

greatpoint

Quote from: yellowcard on April 21, 2022, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on April 21, 2022, 11:56:13 AM

Ferry and McGee are suspended. McGee wouldn't have played anyway so both teams have one starting player suspended so there are no excuses for either side.

So the team from the "south" didn't have the backing of the officials in this case?

general_lee

Quote from: yellowcard on April 21, 2022, 11:32:02 AM
Whilst it is not quite now or never for Armagh it does feel as though they are well overdue a big championship win and I think we will get a big performance on Sunday. The defence has improved a lot this season and we have the ammunition to trouble a Donegal defence which will give you chances. So I think we could see a fairly high scoring game that could well go to the wire but I think Armagh have a greater need for a win and can come out on top to give us a great chance of getting back to an Ulster final.
It's a great opportunity to deliver on potential and I am hopeful of a famous orchard victory. If things go right on the day Armagh have every chance but need the forwards to deliver. The competition for places in the forward line is the type of headache every manager dreams of and some of them are flying by all accounts. Defence worries me though, have we enough to keep a lid on Murphy, McBrearty and co? There's the added psychological boost of having O'Neill, Campbell and Nugent available so the team should be full of confidence going into the game.

5times5times

Rafferty

Morgan/Burns
Forker
McKay

Mackin
McCabe
JOB

Grimley
Crealey

Kelly
Grugan
Nugent

Turbitt
Rian
Murnin

Subs
Oisin ONeill
Soupy
Duffy
Hall
Shields

greatpoint

Oisín McConville let himself down on the Examiner's podcast talking about social media campaigns and other things being orchestrated against Armagh. You could sense the other lads trying to keep the conversation afloat while stopping McConville from unravelling any further.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40855121.html