Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeperlit

Instigation of brawl by Donegal seems to have completely backfired on them at this stage.

Gael80

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2022, 08:58:43 PM
All Armagh players have had their suspensions overturned

Fair play to Armagh for standing by their players and obviously using every resource to get the unfair bans lifted. I think it's good for the game that Armagh have tested the questionable treatment, compared to other teams.

Ironically it probably puts a bit of extra pressure on them to perform now on Sunday.

Will Donegal now appeal?

David McKeown

Quote from: Gael80 on April 19, 2022, 09:15:38 PM

Fair play to Armagh for standing by their players and obviously using every resource to get the unfair bans lifted. I think it's good for the game that Armagh have tested the questionable treatment, compared to other teams.

Ironically it probably puts a bit of extra pressure on them to perform now on Sunday.

Will Donegal now appeal?

I would have thought they were out of time
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

yellowcard

Armagh have played a blunder here and proper justice has prevailed. Donegal now left looking extremely foolish having not appealed their suspensions. Masterstroke by geezer.

clarshack

tyrone08

So much for oisin saying teams should take their medicine and not appeal. Pressure on armagh now. No excuses anymore.

tonto1888

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 19, 2022, 09:59:56 PM
So much for oisin saying teams should take their medicine and not appeal. Pressure on armagh now. No excuses anymore.

Did Oisin make the appeal? I didn't  realise that someone not connected with the team could do so

Wildweasel74

Hope they beat now, nobody accepts punishment for anything these days.

tyrone08

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2022, 10:13:19 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on April 19, 2022, 09:59:56 PM

Did Oisin make the appeal? I didn't  realise that someone not connected with the team could do so

He was quick off the mark to get the dig in at tyrone , haven't heard him mention this at all. Geezer was also laughing that tyrone most likely would appeal their ban, then goes and does the same thing himself

Ironically all this does is heap more pressure onto Armagh. If  the fail to best an under preforming Donegal team it shows Armagh havent progressed.

KickPass

When Armagh fail abjectly for the 19th time in 20 seasons they can take comfort in this small victory

LCohen

Quote from: clarshack on April 19, 2022, 09:53:09 PM

On what basis?

Don't know. But then we never really got to here what the charges were on what the evidence against them was. Mackin did look guilty to me on the video but he is out injured so suspended or not it makes no difference.

Throw ball

I thought Tyrone boys would be happy they got off. More likely McKenna will get cleared now?

Sorry I forgot. They won't appeal.

Throw ball

Quote from: LCohen on April 19, 2022, 10:20:53 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 19, 2022, 09:53:09 PM

On what basis?

Don't know. But then we never really got to here what the charges were on what the evidence against them was. Mackin did look guilty to me on the video but he is out injured so suspended or not it makes no difference.

I assume on the grounds of appeal they had to appeal all to be consistent.

It says much for how much Mackin has come on in that I think he will be biggest miss of the three.

ck

This should be an interesting game. Two teams that promise plenty but have severely under delivered. Donegal are going no-where fast under Bonner and have regressed each year since he took over after a bright start. Armagh are over hyped every year but have delivered absolutely nothing when it comes to C'ship. Both teams will be desperate not to lose - it has a draw written all over it. Has it to finish on the day or can there be a replay? Penalties, could be fun.