Boris Johnson

Started by imtommygunn, January 19, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Quote from: GJL on July 19, 2022, 11:37:19 PM
Truss now the bookies favourite. She is a mental bitch but ultimately she will unintentionally speed up the arrival of a border poll.

Truss is the one i least wanted to see get in.

If you live in the north, this is as bad as it gets.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: God14 on July 20, 2022, 02:06:34 PM
Truss now the bookies favourite. She is a mental bitch but ultimately she will unintentionally speed up the arrival of a border poll.

I've lived in the north for 50 years, it's never been better for a Nationalist ... better education better jobs better equality higher standard of living better housing.. I grew up in the 70's poorer housing/equality/jobs/education and we were being systematically set upon by murdering hit squads when walking home at night, when/eventually a United Ireland comes along the south will have a job on their hands to improve the education/jobs/housing/benefits of those prod estate areas.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

She is a disaster. The only hope if she gets in is that she's as big a disaster as Poots was in the DUP and she is outed as instantaneously as they can.

There'll be no worries about international laws, breaking treaties etc etc with her. No morals, no scruples and tbh as hard as this is to believe she is probably less competent than Johnson. No shame about telling lies straight to your face then getting fact checked and just shrugging it off. An odious individual. Her thoughts on Russia too are not good. She barely knows where Ukraine is but is prepared to wade in. My bigger fear than here is she could kick off a world war.

God14

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 02:14:14 PM

I've lived in the north for 50 years, it's never been better for a Nationalist ... better education better jobs better equality higher standard of living better housing.. I grew up in the 70's poorer housing/equality/jobs/education and we were being systematically set upon by murdering hit squads when walking home at night, when/eventually a United Ireland comes along the south will have a job on their hands to improve the education/jobs/housing/benefits of those prod estate areas.

why is that tho? i dont see how its relative

We are better off now, thanks to EU human rights, Mass media coverage shaming the Brit Govt, US pressure on UK Govts, EU membership funding projects, & a GFA negotiated by ourselves
We are better off now & have better housing because your average mum now works 37 hrs a week, whereas in the 70's she stayed at home in the council house.
Surely everyone in developed countries is entitled to an education?

it's never been better for a Nationalist - but hardly relevant to any UK Govt or PM

johnnycool

Quote from: God14 on July 20, 2022, 03:13:10 PM

We are better off now, thanks to EU human rights, Mass media coverage shaming the Brit Govt, US pressure on UK Govts, EU membership funding projects, & a GFA negotiated by ourselves
We are better off now & have better housing because your average mum now works 37 hrs a week, whereas in the 70's she stayed at home in the council house.

it's never been better for a Nationalist - but hardly relevant to any UK Govt or PM

and our unionist overlords were dragged kicking and screaming to allow any sort of parity for us in those fields.

Gael80

She is using the ERG vote to become PM. I don't believe she totally shares their views but it's all a means to an end. If PM I'd expect her to be pragmatic and more liberal than comes across now, she was a remainer after all. However despite who wins a general election can't come quick enough.

Taylor

Quote from: Gael80 on July 20, 2022, 03:20:52 PM

She is using the ERG vote to become PM. I don't believe she totally shares their views but it's all a means to an end. If PM I'd expect her to be pragmatic and more liberal than comes across now, she was a remainer after all. However despite who wins a general election can't come quick enough.

Will a General Election make any sort of difference though?

Wee Johnny englander will vote for whoever the red tops tell him to vote for

imtommygunn

I finally think these ones have gone too far.

(I usually however think that about the DUP and have been wrong...)

johnnycool

She is using the ERG vote to become PM. I don't believe she totally shares their views but it's all a means to an end. If PM I'd expect her to be pragmatic and more liberal than comes across now, she was a remainer after all. However whoever wins a general election can't come quick enough.

She's an empty vessel. Someone behind the scenes is pulling her strings and it's Murdock empire allegedly and I'm not talking about the builders merchants.

Milltown Row2

You said if you live in the north it's as bad as it gets... I said it's never been better... how we got there is irrelevant to your post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael80

Quote from: Taylor on July 20, 2022, 03:29:50 PM

It takes more than that pool of voters to win an overall majority. Too many people are struggling and too many media organisations have been threatened by the Tories for them to win an overall majority.

It might take a coalition initially but the Tories are finished for a generation, they caused too much damage this time to recover.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 03:39:09 PM

You said if you live in the north it's as bad as it gets... I said it's never been better... how we got there is irrelevant to your post

It has been better.
There used to be grants to go to university which made a decent stab at covering your accommodation costs and was means tested, giving kids from a working class background a decent crack at getting on, now gone and replaced by loans.
I remember GP home visits, let alone not getting to see a GP for two weeks now if you're lucky.
I remember going into the casualty in the City hospital to get a few stitches and being out within an hour.
As an asthmatic I remember getting to see a consultant in the Ulster a few weeks after being referred by my GP, you'll not get that now.

We don't need to accept this shit as the new normal.

Sportacus

Quote from: Gael80 on July 20, 2022, 03:50:47 PM

It takes more than that pool of voters to win an overall majority. Too many people are struggling and too many media organisations have been threatened by the Tories for them to win an overall majority.

It might take a coalition initially but the Tories are finished for a generation, they caused too much damage this time to recover.
I wouldn't go as far as saying finished for a generation.  It might be Labours turn next in the political cycle, but the Tories have a massive voter base.  None of us will ever get inside their heads - they want Brexit no matter the price, love the Royals, love a good row with the French, etc.  The majority are instinctive Tory voters.

Gael80

Quote from: Sportacus on July 20, 2022, 03:59:18 PM
Quote from: Gael80 on July 20, 2022, 03:50:47 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying finished for a generation.  It might be Labours turn next in the political cycle, but the Tories have a massive voter base.  None of us will ever get inside their heads - they want Brexit no matter the price, love the Royals, love a good row with the French, etc.  The majority are instinctive Tory voters.

True but a new government usually gets two or three terms. I don't think the Tories can win an overall majority at the next GE so whatever comes next will likely be led by Labour who'll get time to implement their ideas.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 20, 2022, 03:54:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2022, 03:39:09 PM

It has been better.
There used to be grants to go to university which made a decent stab at covering your accommodation costs and was means tested, giving kids from a working class background a decent crack at getting on, now gone and replaced by loans.
I remember GP home visits, let alone not getting to see a GP for two weeks now if you're lucky.
I remember going into the casualty in the City hospital to get a few stitches and being out within an hour.
As an asthmatic I remember getting to see a consultant in the Ulster a few weeks after being referred by my GP, you'll not get that now.

We don't need to accept this shit as the new normal.

GP's still do home visits, I work in a doctors surgery, not as much as before as getting doctors to become gps is impossible due to the workload, but that service never went away...
I phoned up one morning to gp surgery during the pandemic explaining my symptoms and they seen me that afternoon
Personally id love grants for college but if it's means tested I wouldn't get it, the loans have replaced it and they don't start paying it back till they earn a certain amount, I've a better life than before which has enabled me to pay for some of their expenses but they'll pay the loan back.

Life is infinitely better than before, maybes living out in the sticks life probably didn't seem too bad or change that much, but I'm in a better position than before (as he's sipping a cocktail in five star hotel in Malaga)

Getting all the things you want means paying more tax, are you willing to pay into that?