12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

While it is always good to see an Apple muncher get a ban surely 12 weeks is a bit much considering other recent bans.
Joe McQuillan v all northern brethren perhaps??

Syferus

Sure Frankie Dolan got a 48 week ban in 2013 for giving Marty Duffy a bit of a bollocking after he fücked up the Connacht senior club final. Reduced on appeal, same likely to happen here unless McGeeney went full MMA.

Taylor

He allegedly threatened poor wee Joe.
Already appealed and it failed.

Davy Fitz should thank his lucky stars he isn't from north of the border

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Taylor on April 25, 2017, 10:57:48 PM

I would have threatening a referee as a more serious offence than a bit of argy bargy with the opposition players, even if it was on the field of play.

delgany

This all tied up to antrim player fiasco

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

If Joe McQuillan didn't exist McGeeney would have had a far better managerial career.

Aaron Boone

He will bounce back in the only way he knows - an Ulster title for Armagh in 2017.

macdanger2

2 match ban so effectively the same as Davy Fitz

seafoid

It might be great for Armagh . Maybe the players might take on responsibility for doing stuff like making sure there are no last minute goals. Geezer reminds me of Terry Butcher. Great player but mediocre manager
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Quote from: OgraAnDun on April 25, 2017, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 25, 2017, 10:57:48 PM

I would have threatening a referee as a more serious offence than a bit of argy bargy with the opposition players, even if it was on the field of play.

So actually going on the field of play, giving the ref a mouthful and perhaps threatening or calling him a bollix, then getting physically involved with players of opposing team before leaving the field is worse than allegedly threatening.

Right so Ted

ck

McGeeney is a bully and is used to getting his own way through bullying tactics. Fair play to McQuillan for standing up to his intimidatory nature. Can no Armagh people see the balls hes making of this job with no one to blame but himself.

Owen Brannigan

Suffering from the same rule as I did in the past. When a referee makes a statement in his report it cannot be overturned as it is taken to be the absolute truth under GAA rule book. So, if anything is in the referee's report then you have no chance of having it successfully appealed.  I was reported for calling the referee a cheat while on the sideline but this was untrue, I simply said to him after the game, 'that was a disgrace'.  I also entered the field twice to hand back footballs to the umpire to keep the game going and stood talking to him for about a minute.  The upshot was that the rule that the referee's report is always right was invoked, I eventually ended up with a 48 week ban which was fed to Winker Watson to report on the BBC news and mentioned by Sidebottom during his match commentary.

mrdeeds

Am I right in saying if the ban was upheld properly he wouldn't be allowed onto any GAA pitch such as Armagh training? Obviously this won't be enforced.

Avondhu star

Quote from: ck on April 26, 2017, 07:48:57 AM
McGeeney is a bully and is used to getting his own way through bullying tactics. Fair play to McQuillan for standing up to his intimidatory nature. Can no Armagh people see the balls hes making of this job with no one to blame but himself.

Living off a one time winner medal.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Harold Disgracey

What odds McQuillan will be given the Down Armagh game?