Burns wants rid of Tricolour & Anthem to attract Protestants to GAA

Started by Line Ball, September 28, 2015, 10:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Burns is an interesting character. Mightn't agree with a lot he has to say, but I admire him for his forthrightness and belief in his perspective. I think too much of a major deal is being made of this unfortunate incident. Slap on wrist even seems harsh. I would rather hear and learn from Jarleth than not hear and learn from him and so take the rough with the smooth.

tiempo

Harold Disgracey

Would I be right in thinking Burns is the only player to recieve 10/10 in the Irish News player ratings, for that performance in Omagh?

ONeill

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 23, 2016, 07:52:57 PM
Would I be right in thinking Burns is the only player to receive 10/10 in the Irish News player ratings, for that performance in Omagh?

He tortured us. Think he was wearing 8 that day and all you could see was the 8 rise up for every kick-out and claim it from the sky.

Tyrone won 1-12 to 0-12 but it was the beginning of the end for that side.

I think that was the day Paul McGirr died after the minor game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: ONeill on April 23, 2016, 10:44:14 PM
Would I be right in thinking Burns is the only player to receive 10/10 in the Irish News player ratings, for that performance in Omagh?

He tortured us. Think he was wearing 8 that day and all you could see was the 8 rise up for every kick-out and claim it from the sky.

Did he not catch something ridiculous like 15 or 16 kick outs that day ?

Estimator

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 23, 2016, 11:34:06 PM

That's why he was a major advocate for the introduction of the 'mark'.. It was the only thing that he could do well on the football pitch!
Ulster League Champions 2009

Beffs

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 23, 2016, 10:37:14 AM
Quote from: Beffs on April 23, 2016, 01:20:54 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 23, 2016, 12:18:25 AM
As an Ulsterman, I look fwd to when Jarlath takes the reins of the organisation.
Of that great Armagh team. himself & McGeeney are making major inroads nationally

Other than a fast track, one way ticket to Division Four, what major national inroad is McGeeney making?

Jarlath Burns to be fair to him, is making his voice heard at the top table of GAA administration. McGeeney has done what exactly?

It's been concluded on other threads that McGeeney was a success at Kildare. The Armagh tole is a longer-term project, the pieces of the jigsaw are being put together on & off the field.

Eh, no it hasn't. There are plenty of people who question his inability to beat a Div 1 team in a championship game & his over all legacy.

And whatever anyone opinions on that, how does it equate to him making major inroads nationally? I'm not entirely sure what that even means, but I'm pretty sure Geezer hasn't done it.

general_lee

5 QFs in a row and 1 SF was it? I'd say most counties around Kildare's level would be satisfied with that return. I mean maybe Niall Carew and Johnny Doyle aren't best placed to judge McGeeney so we will perhaps have to go with Beffs' opinion instead

keeperlit

And i think KMcG was his midfield partner that day and kicked about 14 wides.

Orior

Quote from: keeperlit on April 25, 2016, 09:42:28 AM

And i think KMcG was his midfield partner that day and kicked about 14 wides.

So who can work out the identity of keeperlit? lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

To save the East Belfast Club being sidetracked time to resurrect this one.
Wonder what Snap, Evil and Michaelg make if this

https://www.balls.ie/football/linfields-uvf-kit-is-really-causing-a-storm-in-northern-ireland-436632
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on June 11, 2020, 11:31:49 AM

https://www.balls.ie/football/linfields-uvf-kit-is-really-causing-a-storm-in-northern-ireland-436632

Not sure why you're curious about my views on it, but I'll give you my opinion anyway:

Couldn't care less. Could have been intentional, could be coincidental. Neither can be proven to be the case.

michaelg

Pretty sure this has not been done with the UVF flag in mind.  After all, lots of UDA men support the Blues too.

sid waddell

Reminds me of this Fiorentina kit from 1992/93. If memory from Gazzetta Football Italia serves me correctly, it took a good five or six months before people started to notice the problem with it.

Itchy

I've always though Linfield a biggoted shower of scumbags so this announcement doesn't make any difference to me. However, I assume that these jerseys are somehow run past the IFA so its hard to see how any body that is genuinely interested in getting catholics involved would allow this to go ahead?