Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

One positive is that Ruairi Canavan can concentrate on the Seniors now.

ClubScene13

Big surprise that. Wouldn't have an impact on the club leagues starting earlier no?

In hiding

Quote from: clarshack on March 29, 2023, 09:01:18 PM
Good job that you put the whole thing into context

GaelTheGael

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 29, 2023, 10:47:08 AM
Where has big McGarrity gone from last year? Was a great target man.
Surprised Owens from the CMS team not in 26 as well.
McGarrity out with a broken wrist.
Conor Owens not part of the squad, same as Noah Grimes. Never called up.

Goals_Will_Come

Surely be looking at someone different taking the team? Devlin has been there a long time and results have been at best mixed with some exceptional talent at his disposal.

clarshack

Quote from: In hiding on March 29, 2023, 09:40:37 PM

Not sure what you mean? but I don't think it's the worst result in the world for Tyrone Seniors this year that the U-20's have been knocked out early.

ck

That's a very poor result tonight. Best team in Ulster on paper. Tyrone were a bunch of individuals Vs Down who were a well drilled team who fought for each other.

In hiding

Quote from: clarshack on March 29, 2023, 10:23:04 PM

Not sure what you mean? but I don't think it's the worst result in the world for Tyrone Seniors this year that the U-20's have been knocked out early.
I think it would have been a good result tonight if the u20s had won.
I dont think that Ruairi Canavan at 19 will be the difference for Tyrone seniors this year.
He is potentially a star but he has a fair bit of learning ahead of him before he fulfils that potential

Onthe40

That really is a poor result for the u20s considering the players they had at their disposal and experience from last year..Down played most of the league without their 4 seniors..  Tyrone looked a team that hadn't played together before,  last night

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on March 29, 2023, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 29, 2023, 10:23:04 PM

I think it would have been a good result tonight if the u20s had won.
I dont think that Ruairi Canavan at 19 will be the difference for Tyrone seniors this year.
He is potentially a star but he has a fair bit of learning ahead of him before he fulfils that potential
Agreed, it is a bit short sighted looking for 1 sub to be freed up for this year vs exposing a larger number of potential future Seniors to the higher levels of competitive football and maybe developing or unearthing a few more players.

Would Meyler, Burns, etc have made it through if their u20 team had crashed out early, releasing Lee Brennan to the Seniors?

superstar_

Few questions over players and management after that. Very disappointing result and performance for a team that should have had a real chance on defending their All Ireland title based on the calibre of player involved.
Ruairi McHugh 12 months ago was being touted as the Tyrone Senior midfielder for the next decade after the U20 win last year and has followed it up with a poor first season with Coalisland, an underwhelming repeat MacRory cup year with Holy Trinity and a very poor performance last night. He has another year at this level, so could very well turn things around but worrying signs over the last year.
Seanie O'Donnell has went backwards as a footballer as well in this period, average showings for Trillick and also very poor last night, is he of the required standard to do what Cormac Quinn and Niall Devlin are currently doing at Senior Level?
Ruairi Canavan is a massive talent, should have a big role to play with the seniors throughout the summer but he needs to get better on his decision making. Everytime he got possession last night he tried to go on his own and shoot, alot of the time from ridiculous places. This is something he will need to tidy up on.
Conor Cush looked sharp in the first half and looked like the most genuine threat in the forward line but faded out of the game which is something that has happened to him a few times. Looked dangerous, got a good score then faded out of the game, he needs to be a constant influence throughout games.
Probably the right time for Paul Devlin to step away - 3 Ulster titles and 1 All Ireland Title in his time is a fine achievement but also experienced a few poor first round exits with teams that had a lot of talent at his disposal and questionable selections in two Semi Finals. This years team again littered with a lot of big names and talent but defensively very easily cut open and never threatened enough going forward. Steven Donaghy was superb last year at blocking the central avenue but Taggart struggled last night with being dragged out of position very easily, again McGleenan at midfield was a massive influence in the middle last year that they couldn't replicate and led to Down's midfielders breaking through numerous times and had no defensive plan in place to deal with this.

Jim Bob

Hearing Morgan played for his club in a friendly the other night !

Tyrone Dreamer

All very quiet ahead of the start of the championship. Any injury news? You'd imagine the team will be very similar to the last few league games. There's already been a few shocks this weekend and Monaghan will be coming in bit more confident after surviving.

On another note the county board really need to become more active at trying to get support out behind the county team. Somehow bringing more linkage with clubs and brining in bit of entertainment in Omagh. We've traditionally been one of biggest gaa counties with huge support and recently it's been pretty embarrassing especially given we are a top 5/6 team in Ireland.

It hasn't been helped with loads of club matches clashing with home league games. I know they aren't linked but it's ridiculous a full round of ladies games at 7 on Sunday clashing directly with a home ulster championship game. Could they not be played on Saturday or even 11 on Sunday? I know I'll be criticised by the club is king brigade but there is no reason for the clash and not having a strong club and county scene.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 10, 2023, 08:24:26 AM
All very quiet ahead of the start of the championship. Any injury news? You'd imagine the team will be very similar to the last few league games. There's already been a few shocks this weekend and Monaghan will be coming in bit more confident after surviving.

On another note the county board really need to become more active at trying to get support out behind the county team. Somehow bringing more linkage with clubs and brining in bit of entertainment in Omagh. We've traditionally been one of biggest gaa counties with huge support and recently it's been pretty embarrassing especially given we are a top 5/6 team in Ireland.

It hasn't been helped with loads of club matches clashing with home league games. I know they aren't linked but it's ridiculous a full round of ladies games at 7 on Sunday clashing directly with a home ulster championship game. Could they not be played on Saturday or even 11 on Sunday? I know I'll be criticised by the club is king brigade but there is no reason for the clash and not having a strong club and county scene.

Support has never been the same since 2005.

Tyrone Dreamer

No it hasn't but there's no excuse for a big county like Tyrone not to bring 8-10,000 to big home league matches and ulster games v division 1 teams. Even Kerry who Tyrone used to criticise as being glory supporters only attending finals can do it for league matches.