All Ireland Club Championships

Started by revsperminute, December 10, 2019, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2020, 04:14:49 PM
Full on Jimmy McGuinness tactics from Kilcoo today.

Tough to watch for sure

manfromdelmonte

Corofin do exactly the same when they get ahead

Captain Obvious

Mickey Moran has got his match ups and tactics spot on so far. His side should be further ahead also.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 19, 2020, 04:20:53 PM

Mickey Moran has got his match ups and tactics spot on so far. His side should be further ahead also.

Absolutely, tactics are frustrating Corofin.

Harold Disgracey

Kilcoo doing well but their shot selection is terrible.

yellowcard

Zulu

Kilcoo showing no ambition whatsoever. Only one team trying to win the game.

galwayman

Hard to blame Kilcoo for going 15 behind the ball given the quality Corofin have.
It makes for a brutal spectacle tho.
Contain contain contain and try and hit them on the break a few times.
The way it's going they probably only need to kick a small number of points to win this.

Captain Obvious

Deserved half time lead for the Down lads. Huge amount of energy they used in that half and will do well to keep it going 2nd half.

bennydorano

Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:34:56 PM
Strange take considering Kilcoo have missed half a dozen or so good chances, I'd be more worried about that if I had a dog in the fight.

Zulu

Quote from: galwayman on January 19, 2020, 04:35:36 PM
Hard to blame Kilcoo for going 15 behind the ball given the quality Corofin have.
It makes for a brutal spectacle tho.
Contain contain contain and try and hit them on the break a few times.
The way it's going they probably only need to kick a small number of points to win this.

Kilcoo haven't a bad team themselves. Do they need to get 15 into their own half to be competitive? I know it's an All Ireland final and they're only concern is to try and win it but this is the worst excesses of negativity.

joemamas

Two minutes added more like 6 with all stoppages.
I am neutral leaning more to Kilcoo, but feel the Ref (who btw I think is a proper p***k)
Is giving a lot less to Corofin than Kilcoo.
Hope Corofin get an early goal so we will have a proper half of Gaelic football.

thewobbler

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 19, 2020, 04:38:05 PM
Deserved half time lead for the Down lads. Huge amount of energy they used in that half and will do well to keep it going 2nd half.

Kilcoo have only played in one half of the field. You'd be surprised how much energy they've conserved.

Zulu

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2020, 04:38:36 PM
Strange take considering Kilcoo have missed half a dozen or so good chances, I'd be more worried about that if I had a dog in the fight.

Corofin have missed two goal chances and dropped a very scoreable free short. As Corofin have won an All Ireland already I started the game hoping Kilcoo would win but would prefer see Corofin win it now.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2020, 04:38:36 PM

Corofin have missed two goal chances and dropped a very scoreable free short. As Corofin have won an All Ireland already I started the game hoping Kilcoo would win but would prefer see Corofin win it now.

First 22 minutes Corofin had 1 effort on goal.