National Hurling Legue 1B 2018

Started by redsetanta, October 13, 2017, 04:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: burdizzo on November 16, 2017, 05:39:12 PM
The old dual player conundrum again - he wanted to do both, but Kelly demanded commitment, and so he walked. I think it's a shame, and a big loss for the hurlers. Mind you, I don't think either team will have that much support.

I would back Kelly here. He is a guy that the hurling backroom team nursed back to fitness on a couple of occasions over the past two years, a demand such as the one above shouldn't be entertained, in my opinion!!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

I believe Conroy was only approached to go with the footballers after he had been let go from the hurlers.
Conroy is a student-teacher I think (?) and couldn't commit to every session as demanded by Kelly.

I respect that Kelly is demanding Cheddar levels of commitment but it's very early in proceedings to be issuing such ultimatums.

I heard a rumour that Garoid Bourke may be coming on board this year. Be a massive addition.

clonadmad

Quote from: merman on November 17, 2017, 07:58:29 AM
I believe Conroy was only approached to go with the footballers after he had been let go from the hurlers.
Conroy is a student-teacher I think (?) and couldn't commit to every session as demanded by Kelly.

I respect that Kelly is demanding Cheddar levels of commitment but it's very early in proceedings to be issuing such ultimatums.

I heard a rumour that Garoid Bourke may be coming on board this year. Be a massive addition.

With the league starting earlier next year,it's not early at all

merman

Quote from: clonadmad on November 17, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

With the league starting earlier next year,it's not early at all

It's still early to be drawing that line in the sand with a 22/23 year old who has been very committed to hurling for Laois since development grades.
I believe he asked for a bit of flexibility until the new year; doesn't seem unreasonable.

I'd have a concern that being too rigid in what we demand from our county players will see the lifespan of our county hurlers continue to shorten....

Keyser Söze

I hold my hands up if the above is true. That is not the version of events that is "out there".
It will be hard to get the full/true story I suppose. I'd imagine all parties will have their own spin on it.

burdizzo

Yeah, not the version I heard, either.

Tobias

http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/278254

A few new additions to the panel. If James Ryan can carry his club form to the county he can be a good addition.
No sign of Gearoid Burke, Joe Campion, Liam Delaney, Colm Stapleton, Robbie Phelan, Aaron Bergin, Joe Phelan or Zane Keenan
Hopefully there will be no further deflections to the panel..

Zooming around

The Camross boys have been given an extra bit of time off.

burdizzo

Boys? You're hardly suggesting Zane will be there, too - are you?!
The way Mount Leinster Rangers were beaten yesterday might put a few things in perspective, however.

blueandwhite1

We need a few new backs, urgently. Surely there are a few from around the county that are worth a shot?

Leaving Cha in the forwards and assuming Cahir might not be back for a while, who are our best 6 backs?

Palmer, Bergin, Cleere, Collier, Killeen, Mullaney?

Matthew Whelan can't reasonably be expected to hold things together at this point in his career

redsetanta

Palmer will be out for a while with injury. Geroid Burke would be a big plus if he'd commit. Hopefully Leigh and Lee come back in as I was very impressed with both of them last year. Mullaney is a committed and skillful hurler but he's very heavy and neither pacey or agile enough. Maybe the s & c work might help.
Is Tom Delaney back in?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

What's the form w/ Cahir Healy? I know he's injured, but will he be w/ the hurlers again this year, does anyone know?

Zooming around

Quote from: burdizzo on November 20, 2017, 11:14:14 AM
Boys? You're hardly suggesting Zane will be there, too - are you?!
The way Mount Leinster Rangers were beaten yesterday might put a few things in perspective, however.

Not sure what way you added that particular 1+1 but you certainly didn't get 2... it was mentioned on Laois Today

burdizzo

Yeah, well, it was a bit facetious all right, but the previous poster -Tobias - had mentioned Zane Keenan, so...

Keyser Söze

Slight aside, but if Aidan Corby doesn't get U21 Hurler of the Year it is all a cod!
Almost single handedly dragged an average Clough Ballacolla team to the final. Dragged them through the second half last week and led a serious charge at coming back on Saturday.

Some really excellent performances.