Laois U20 Championship

Started by The Monument Road, October 06, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois fan

Exactly i think players would rather a break now from club football instead of a competition spread over 2 months which is way 2 long,also if you receive a walkover you mighnt play for four weeks which is ridiculous.It needs to be held in feb/march in prep for county 20s and over consecutive weeks with proper fines for walkovers

GAA-SMART

Its a good opportunity for a 20s manager to see eligible players to be fair. Rumour is we have one now  !

Mock

Come on now Gaa-Smart who have ya heard !!!! I hope whoever it is has more experience than the name going around for u-17 management.  These young men need to be developed properly now so as they can progress to senior level and from what I hear money is the biggest factor rather than quality coaches. But as you said it's only rumour

clonadmad

Quote from: Mock on October 11, 2019, 11:23:41 PM
Come on now Gaa-Smart who have ya heard !!!! I hope whoever it is has more experience than the name going around for u-17 management.  These young men need to be developed properly now so as they can progress to senior level and from what I hear money is the biggest factor rather than quality coaches. But as you said it's only rumour

The 2019 u15 manager has the minor Job.

thegreeenandgold

GAA-SMART

Who are they paying to do the minor ?  :o

I heard the 20s is Eddie Kinsella but until anyone is confirmed, who knows.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Laois fan on October 11, 2019, 11:26:42 AM
Exactly i think players would rather a break now from club football instead of a competition spread over 2 months which is way 2 long,also if you receive a walkover you mighnt play for four weeks which is ridiculous.It needs to be held in feb/march in prep for county 20s and over consecutive weeks with proper fines for walkovers

And I presume none of these players will be made available for the regional games.

GAA-SMART

Quote from: clonadmad on October 12, 2019, 08:13:42 AM

The 2019 u15 manager has the minor Job.

Just seen that.. thats a decent appointment although taking a chance but im not against taking chances. I doubt they had many better applications for the job either. He done a serious job with the 15s last year from what I seen. He is young and im sure he has a good management team around him. Best of luck.

thegreeenandgold

Whose the U15 Manager from last year ?  Who are selectors for U20 and Minor ?

Don Draper

Blow-in

If he gets the job we can boycott the Minor Champ

GAA-SMART

thegreeenandgold

Chrimtain

Seems like there is always someone unhappy with every appointment.