Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Big step up in class for Armagh, I'd imagine a step too far but our qualifier run has been progressive and we will hopefully give a good account of ourselves. Kildare's physicality and direct running will be giving Armagh plenty to think about. We've a settled team at the minute and hard to see any changes but could do with the physical presence of the likes of Ethan Rafferty for this one.

Is Findon injured?? No getting a sniff.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on July 17, 2017, 11:14:53 AM
Big step up in class for Armagh, I'd imagine a step too far but our qualifier run has been progressive and we will hopefully give a good account of ourselves. Kildare's physicality and direct running will be giving Armagh plenty to think about. We've a settled team at the minute and hard to see any changes but could do with the physical presence of the likes of Ethan Rafferty for this one.

No not injured just well down the pecking order, think the current midfield partnership will be hard to shift now (esp this season for how long it lasts...lol) I was surprised Ethan Rafferty and Oisin O'Neill were not introduced on Sat (i know Ethan got a few seconds) but like with 15-20 mins to go.
Kildare do look a bigger stronger team than Armagh but Armagh are as fit as any team out there atm and have good runners. For the first time in a long time Armagh have a strong bench, just hope this time it's all over before we get to use the bench. Should be a good game all the same.

DH how big a miss will those two lads Feely & Doyle be for Kildare
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2017, 11:27:50 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 17, 2017, 11:14:53 AM

No not injured just well down the pecking order, think the current midfield partnership will be hard to shift now (esp this season for how long it lasts...lol) I was surprised Ethan Rafferty and Oisin O'Neill were not introduced on Sat (i know Ethan got a few seconds) but like with 15-20 mins to go.
Kildare do look a bigger stronger team than Armagh but Armagh are as fit as any team out there atm and have good runners. For the first time in a long time Armagh have a strong bench, just hope this time it's all over before we get to use the bench. Should be a good game all the same.

DH how big a miss will those two lads Feely & Doyle be for Kildare

Think Armagh 2002 without McGrane and McGeeney.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tonto1888

Big misses then. Good for us. A shame for Kildare

illdecide

Thats a big miss alright...Give us an extra few % i suppose.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Il Bomber Destro

I'd expect both of those Kildare lads to play. Kildare are going to appeal the ban and we know that cast iron bans in GAA rarely stick. Very probable the other lad could play if it's only thumb surgery and he was already playing with it broken.

Big test for Armagh but I think they are building a good young side at present.

naka

bomber
can`t see the black card ban being over ruled, which one would they be appealing?

with regard to the lad with the broken thumb, from experience after an operation if it is damaged  again then he MAY have problems for the rest of his life( its an amatur game different if he was getting paid to play )

naka

match in croke park I am hearing

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

If Feely and Doyle were available I'd be a lot more confident, that other players will have to step up.
Realistic selection options:
------------------------Donnellan

Hyland/MO'G------O'Grady/Hyland------Lyons

Byrne/P Kelly---P Kelly/Conway/Byrne-----KC

-----------------Moolick---------Dowling

Conway/Slats-------N Kelly----------------PC

Brophy----------------Flynn--------------Slats/Ben/McNally

Plenty of options still but plenty to work on, the biggest complaint apart from the defending for the goals yesterday was the poor movement of the ball forward from the half forward line. Conway was moved to LHF for the first time this season and failed to fire at all, Kelly was well man marked, while Slattery put in a phenomenal shift he is still limited when it comes to kick passing the ball in quick. That needs improvement.
I wouldn't be unhappy to see Peter Kelly get a start as he looks in very good shape this season and did nothing wrong when he came on.
Fionn in midfield is a no brainer as he has settled into the team a bit more this season and is finding a bit of consistency for the 1st time in his career.

Armagh set up very much the same way as Kildare did under McGeeney, attacking wing backs, target man full forward, good mixture of running and kick passing. Their tackiling is poor and they kick too many wides. If Kildare play well we should beat them but they are fit, motivated and developing momentum so it should be a good game.

tonto1888

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Orior

7pm throw-in suits me, but there could be a few drunks in the stadium, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Scarlet

That would be a decent call for the team, but the talk could be Conway at 6. The HB line is his most natural position and he has plenty of game time under his belt.
Then Dowling at MF or P Cribbin even. We would need to keep the free count down as Grimley was looking very good the other day.
Jamie Clarke is roaming around whereever he wants and some of his passing was top class on Saturday. He really is a class act. Thankfully he is not reliant on power to get space so our defenders tend to be better at sticking to a guy like that. Another thing was that he also put in some defensive work v Tipp so no harm giving him a runner like Cribbin or Lyons to force him to run backwards.

Massive game for both teams in that a 1/4 final place is very acceptable for both outfits.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Obvious

A game that Armagh can win. Kildare will likely be without their best midfielder Feely and were wide open in defence against Dublin making it all too easy to score. Armagh have the forwards to exploit wide open defences and Armagh are improving in defence, held C Sweeney, M Quinlivan to one score from play last Saturday.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 17, 2017, 03:53:21 PM
A game that Armagh can win. Kildare will likely be without their best midfielder Feely and were wide open in defence against Dublin making it all too easy to score. Armagh have the forwards to exploit wide open defences and Armagh are improving in defence, held C Sweeney, M Quinlivan to one score from play last Saturday.
It's a bit of a leap from Dublin to Armagh in terms of opening defences, with all due respect
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU