Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Extremely poor
Manager has to take responsibility for this one
2 points from play in the second half
Just just awful
He should do the sensible thing after today

Carmen Stateside

Thought the ref very poor today, while he let play go on occasions there was also times he blew for some very soft frees. Down seemed to take control after ht by closing things up a little after the break.  Armagh forwards didn't seem to have the same space.
After a good first half i thought clarke was very disappointing second. Non existent along with Campbell.  Big ONeill lad seems a tidy player but seemed a little of the pace from early on.
Barry O Hagan impressed me for Down along with his brother Darren who always seems to have a good game

T Fearon

I never bought the potent forward line hype.We scored bucketloads in two freak games against mighty Louth and Offaly.FFS Ciaran Mc Keever was scoring goals for fun in the league.Also did I detect a little complacency on Armagh's part,did they actually believe the hype?

As for Down I'm afraid I don't see much prospects for them either though they are better than Armagh.

StGallsGAA

Down could and should have won by double figures.  Armagh abysmal.   The so-called best forward line in Ulster scores 1 point in 40 second-half mins?   Armagh still haven't won an Ulster championship match under McGeeney is that right?

Who was the Armagh forward who looked as if he'd been training on cheeseburgers?

SHEEDY

Thought we were clearly the better team today and should have won more comfortably. So much for this great armagh attack. 2 points in the 2nd half!!! Was great to see so many armagh fans walking back into newry with their tale between their legs after all their bleating all week. With the minors winning as well it was a good day for down. Going to go and have a drink now, anyone join me for a wee 'double'.
nil satis nisi optimum

lurganblue

Worst 2nd half performance I've ever seen from Armagh. The 1st wasn't great but at least we weren't afraid to shoot or kick it in. Can only assume there was a change in tactics at the break which were useless.

Having said that was the worst 2nd half ever, how did Down not win by more?

tonto1888

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 04, 2017, 06:59:59 PM
Down could and should have won by double figures.  Armagh abysmal.   The so-called best forward line in Ulster scores 1 point in 40 second-half mins?   Armagh still haven't won an Ulster championship match under McGeeney is that right?

Who was the Armagh forward who looked as if he'd been training on cheeseburgers?

Really? Armagh could and probably should ah e been 4/5 up at half time

tonto1888

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 07:41:26 PM
I hadn't really followed the build up to this game that closely so I hadn't heard the hype about Armagh's forward line. I was bemused before the game when Brolly declared that Stefan Campbell is as good a forward as there is in the country. I thought it had just fallen out of Brolly's gub without him thinking about it. I didn't realise that there was a lot of hype about these boys.

When your forward line aren't good enough to get you out of Div 3 or win a championship game in this last 3 years, they can't be that good.

To be fair it was more out defence keeping us there rather than the forward line failing

Targetman

Great day from a Down perspective it's been a while since we had 2 wins in the championship and even sweeter when its Armagh, i thought Armagh were clueless but we'll enjoy tonight and look forward to Saturday 24th , more than likely Monaghan, a big improvement required but cheers Down!!

Fuzzman

McGeeney has been naive tactically for most of his managerial career. I listened to the first half on Rte radio 1 and they were saying Armagh we playing man to man. 4-0 down and no sign of a change.

It's one thing Armagh forwards putting up big scores in Div 3 but even Carlow last night had 14 men behind the ball.
Did yis hear Brolly giving out again about the dragging players down and how the black card is totally useless.

naka

Tbf the black card is useless it really is

MC geeney  though has to go, clueless.

Owen Brannigan

Who was on the line today instead of McGeeney?

omochain

Orior

I must say, well done to the Mayobridge band.

It takes a lot of hard work and fair play to the people behind it all.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

StGallsGAA

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2017, 07:50:37 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 04, 2017, 06:59:59 PM

Really? Armagh could and probably should ah e been 4/5 up at half time

Should've been ahead by 4/5 despite being out-played for  most  of the half?  Or should've been by lumping more  hail-marys into the  box? Down handed Armagh their arses on a plate for 70 of the 80 mins played.   2 goals put a respectable shine on a rout.