12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHandTom

What I stated in previous post on what McGeeney is reported to have said is accurate. Its what was contained the referees report I am reliably informed. I am simply sharing it with you. No other agenda.

To those who have been spouting nonsense on here about me making it up and the referee making it up. Wise up.

smelmoth

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2017, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 28, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
These posts are almost satirical. Between this forum and one other I've 'heard' four different accounts of what McGeeney is 'rumoured' to have said to the linesman and/or the referee. That's a lot of misinformation. Yet the people questioning the details of this issue are the 'muppets' who should 'take a hard look at themselves'.

Your point is articulate and well made, but unfortunately you're wasting your time. What you're dealing with here are bitter, small minded individuals who cannot debate these things in a reasonable manner without that bitterness coming through. Reasoned debate - as your post alluded to - is all but impossible.

You should appeal for calm on the armagh gaa forum. Some disgraceful comments and very few reasoned ones. Completely lost the run of ourselves if that is representative

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: smelmoth on April 29, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
These posts are almost satirical. Between this forum and one other I've 'heard' four different accounts of what McGeeney is 'rumoured' to have said to the linesman and/or the referee. That's a lot of misinformation. Yet the people questioning the details of this issue are the 'muppets' who should 'take a hard look at themselves'.

Your point is articulate and well made, but unfortunately you're wasting your time. What you're dealing with here are bitter, small minded individuals who cannot debate these things in a reasonable manner without that bitterness coming through. Reasoned debate - as your post alluded to - is all but impossible.

You should appeal for calm on the armagh gaa forum. Some disgraceful comments and very few reasoned ones. Completely lost the run of ourselves if that is representative

What? Nobody being banned?

Throw ball

I think most of it is in jest. As you say no one knows the truth. In the heat of the moment I would doubt even the 2 involved hand on heart could be sure what was said.

Main Street

Quote from: Throw ball on April 29, 2017, 03:54:59 PM

I think most of it is in jest. As you say no one knows the truth. In the heat of the moment I would doubt even the 2 involved hand on heart could be sure what was said.
We do know the truth as it stands now. McGeeney said the truth is in the referee's report and if the ref stands by it  then it remains the truth.
We give the referees the authority and we trust them to make an honest report.
Joe McQuillan is the top ref in Ulster and one of the best in the country, therefore I would expect that a high degree of integrity is one of his qualities.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

We do know the truth as it stands now. McGeeney said the truth is in the referee's report and if the ref stands by it  then it remains the truth.
Joe McQuillan is the top ref in Ulster and one of the best in the country, therefore I would expect that a high degree of integrity is one of his qualities.

McGeeney said the truth is in the referee's report:  Please give us your source for this.

we trust them to make an honest report: Personal experience would confirm for me that this is not always the case and another poster, Mup, has given his experience that this is not the case.  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27853.msg1691212#msg1691212

Joe McQuillan is the top ref McQuillan wasn't the referee, it was an inexperienced colleague who had lost control of the game.

Main Street

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 29, 2017, 04:50:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2017, 04:14:55 PM

McGeeney said the truth is in the referee's report:  Please give us your source for this.

Sorry, you said it. not McGeeney
"When a referee makes a statement in his report it cannot be overturned as it is taken to be the absolute truth under GAA rule book."

Quotewe trust them to make an honest report: Personal experience would confirm for me that this is not always the case and another poster, Mup, has given his experience that this is not the case.  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27853.msg1691212#msg1691212
Along with your own questionable evidence, there is a  random anecdote being presented from some u14 game somewhere, as definitive proof that Joe McQuillan is a liar or that he did not accurately hear what McGeeney was mouthing into his ear?

QuoteJoe McQuillan is the top ref McQuillan wasn't the referee, it was an inexperienced colleague who had lost control of the game.

Who said Joe was the ref?
"Disciplinary officials have confirmed McGeeney is to be banned from the sideline for the June 4 Ulster quarter-final against Down in Páirc Esler and beyond after an exchange with linesman Joe McQuillan."
I trust it was bould Joe who reported an account of the exchange to the ref.
Honest Joe is a top ref who embodies integrity in the game.

Throw ball

Main Street I have no doubt something was said. How serious I do not know. We also do not know if Joe himself would have reported it if he was referee. He may have passed it off as heat of the moment. Having watched Gaelic sport for many a year it is obvious referees do not report all such incidents. If every incident was reported and dealt with - as they probably should - this story would not have made many headlines.
The major question is does the punishment fit the crime. Is it consistent with other incidents?  It does not appear so. It also does not look like the rules give any leeway
As a final point if McGeeney did say something worth a suspension does anyone actually think he would have carried out the threat? I really doubt it.
Also considering how he reacted to a number of bizarre decisions thus year I feel his reaction was more to do with the welfare of his players than any spite against McQuillan.

BennyCake

Is this really going to hamper our chances this summer? McGeeney will still be in the dressing room before and at half time. It might even benefit us him being higher up with a better view. And with technology these days, he can rely instructions to the bench.

But let's face it, this might gee us up to beat Down but that's as far as we'll go anyway. We're not Ulster or AI contenders.

It done with. Let's move on.

naka

Think it says more about what a precious  ::) JOE is than what it says about Mc geeney

Rossfan

So McGeeney did/said nothing.
Joe McQuillan told the ref to make a false report.
Seems refs in club games in Armagh submit false reports all the time.

Funny oul world up North. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2017, 07:12:21 PM

Yes that's way more likely than McGeeney verbally abusing the ref and getting a deserved suspension for it

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2017, 07:12:21 PM

Who said this?

seafoid

Anyone can lose it all
Anyone can lose it all
Just slack marking of Tipp on the last ball
Anyone can lose it all

Anyone can make a mess
anyone can make a mess
Just take on Armagh and make it less
Anyone can make a mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZSxehxHEc