Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Quote from: NAG1 on March 21, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
Does anybody care that it was absolute dross and hard to watch? Mirroring the way the senior game is going lately.

Didn't find it hard to watch personally. 

As an ex-defender myself, I was very impressed with the tackling/turnovers/defensive work by both teams.
Keep 'er lit

Walter Cronc

Personally I think McRory is over hyped and often turgid football.

Promoted by teachers who often have plenty of authority in the GAA.

Take the Maghera management for example. You wouldn't put them in charge of the club U10s.

trailer

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2018, 01:31:59 PM

Take the Maghera management for example. You wouldn't put them in charge of the club U10s.

Always been the case. Some very poor coaches involved. Certainly over hyped.

The Gs Man

Ah lads, come on.

Colleges football was the most enjoyable and competitive football I ever played.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Keep 'er lit

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2018, 01:39:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2018, 01:31:59 PM

Always been the case. Some very poor coaches involved. Certainly over hyped.

Live off the back of the huge catchment and strong clubs in the area. Perhaps this will change if the Convent start to become more successful with their full time Director of GAA in charge!

Rawhide

I thought it was as poor a final that I have seen in a while. The standard of decision making and shooting was really poor. Can't see St Ronans winning the Hogan.

Walter have you seen the stuff coming through St Pats from Dalton up. They aren't going away anytime soon.
cccc is a true supporter lol

oakleaflad

Quote from: Rawhide on March 21, 2018, 02:08:21 PM
I thought it was as poor a final that I have seen in a while. The standard of decision making and shooting was really poor. Can't see St Ronans winning the Hogan.

Walter have you seen the stuff coming through St Pats from Dalton up. They aren't going away anytime soon.
Their coaching would need to improve. They had a very strong team on paper this year but St.Mary's blitzed them in the Semi final.

Rawhide

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 21, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

Their coaching would need to improve. They had a very strong team on paper this year but St.Mary's blitzed them in the Semi final.

I thought it was more to do with the structure of the team than the coaching. Would say Lockhart and Mc Connell will under pressure to take it again.

NAG1

Quote from: The Gs Man on March 21, 2018, 01:52:57 PM
Ah lads, come on.

Colleges football was the most enjoyable and competitive football I ever played.

Thats the difference, great for the 40 lads involved, dross to watch. I think far too much emphasis placed on it anyway and instead of developing players with the skills of the game they are more interested developing winning teams, so the can add a McRory to their coaching Cv for the managerial gravy train around Ulster.

Walter Cronc

I knew you'd weigh in defending Maghera coaches Rawhide ;)

Surely structure (set up) and coaching go hand in hand!!!!

Magheras record from Dalton to Rannafast in unmatched this last 10 years. When tactics are brought into it at McRory they are found wanting. It cost them at least 1 Hogan also.

Keyser soze

Quote from: NAG1 on March 21, 2018, 02:30:10 PM
Ah lads, come on.

Thats the difference, great for the 40 lads involved, dross to watch. I think far too much emphasis placed on it anyway and instead of developing players with the skills of the game they are more interested developing winning teams, so the can add a McRory to their coaching Cv for the managerial gravy train around Ulster.

There's a fair amount of bollocks talked on this forum but that takes the biscuit. Pure and utter nonsense.

Rawhide

Quote from: Keyser soze on March 21, 2018, 03:25:53 PM
Ah lads, come on.

There's a fair amount of bollocks talked on this forum but that takes the biscuit. Pure and utter nonsense.

+1

Rawhide

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 21, 2018, 03:10:58 PM

I knew you'd weigh in defending Maghera coaches Rawhide ;)

Surely structure (set up) and coaching go hand in hand!!!!

Magheras record from Dalton to Rannafast in unmatched this last 10 years. When tactics are brought into it at McRory they are found wanting. It cost them at least 1 Hogan also.

If they would leave Lockhart & Mc Connell with it all the time.

trailer

Ah lads, come on.

Don't think it is to be fair. Some very average coaches, who have a very average knowledge of the game involved in teams.
But whatever, congratulations to St Ronan's.

NAG1

Quote from: trailer on March 21, 2018, 03:47:23 PM
Ah lads, come on.

Don't think it is to be fair. Some very average coaches, who have a very average knowledge of the game involved in teams.
But whatever, congratulations to St Ronan's.

Its an inconvinient truth for too many who think it is the be all and end all. Dont worry the same is happening in Rugby, massive percentage never even go on to play for their clubs.

Preparing lads for the biggest game of their lives at 17/18.