36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

ballinaman

Quote from: stephenite on December 15, 2020, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 15, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2020, 12:34:30 PM
But has lived in Roscommon for many years ;D
It has to be quite challenging to live life with saying Roscommon in every sentence...a day in the life

"How's the form ? Ah not too bad, grand morning now Roscommon but afternoon isn't promised great"

"50 Diesel on pump 8 Roscommon, Thanks"

"Lamb chops Roscommon for dinner is it?"

Nice to see some of the old legends being remembered and honoured  ;)
Ya, always good to see the name. I'm sure he'd happy if the torch is passed...badly overdue !

grounded

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 14, 2020, 04:20:22 PM
For me, Cluxton has been the most influential goalkeeper of all time; his influence on the development of no, 1 position can't be matched by anyone else.
His pinpoint kickouts were unheard oif before his arrival on the scene. It's quite possible that others may have had accurate restarts but he brought the art centre stage.
Possession football which plagues us today can be blamed on Stephen Cluxton! ;D
He also was the first goalie of note to take 45s and other long range frees and look at how many other keepers have followed his lead.
How many years now since he became Dublin's captain?
I can't imagine that sentiment has been a factor for any of the Dublin managers he has played under.
Above all else, he must be the oldest player by a distance that has played intercounty for a top county in the history of the GAA.
Keep in mind that I am not a Dub's fan and that Dublin's dominance will ruin the GAA but, to give credit where it's due, Cluxton has been the most influential keep of all time.

Yep, can't argue with any of that. Given his conditioning and position he could play a few more years!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ballinaman on December 15, 2020, 09:48:14 PM
Quote from: stephenite on December 15, 2020, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 15, 2020, 02:15:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 15, 2020, 12:34:30 PM
But has lived in Roscommon for many years ;D
It has to be quite challenging to live life with saying Roscommon in every sentence...a day in the life

"How's the form ? Ah not too bad, grand morning now Roscommon but afternoon isn't promised great"

"50 Diesel on pump 8 Roscommon, Thanks"

"Lamb chops Roscommon for dinner is it?"

Nice to see some of the old legends being remembered and honoured  ;)
Ya, always good to see the name. I'm sure he'd happy if the torch is passed...badly overdue !
For sure he would be. For a county that has produced good footballers it's hard to believe it's 69 years since we won it. Anyways as Tubberman said there's a game to be won.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

For lads living in Dublin - what's the weather been like the past few days?
Saturday itself is due dry in the capital but if it's been raining all week in the lead up the pitch could be a mess.
It didn't look great for the hurling final.

larryin89

Quote from: galwayman on December 16, 2020, 09:52:40 AM
For lads living in Dublin - what's the weather been like the past few days?
Saturday itself is due dry in the capital but if it's been raining all week in the lead up the pitch could be a mess.
It didn't look great for the hurling final.

Not a lot of rain thus far but its promised today apparently and the skies over north Dublin are very dark in fairness the last few hours . I'd say it will belt down at some stage .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

23 people now predicting a Rhubarb victory  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2020, 05:37:36 PM

With good reason, I got mayo at 20/1 back in Mayo, I'm going to enjoy this! Got Mayo by 1-3 at 9/1 too, handy 200 there
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on December 16, 2020, 09:25:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 16, 2020, 05:37:36 PM

With good reason, I got mayo at 20/1 back in Mayo, I'm going to enjoy this! Got Mayo by 1-3 at 9/1 too, handy 200 there
I barely know the output end of a horse from it's input end so see odds quoted are like football scores to me. ;D
But I am curious all the same.
What realistic odds on a Mayo win would I get if I went to the nearest bookie?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Milltown Row2

You can get 2/1 with paddy power on Dublin ladies men and under 20's to win.. better odds
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 16, 2020, 10:40:59 PM
9/2 Lar

and if you're not familiar with odds, that means if you put down €20 you lose €20
Hasta la victoria siempre

TheGreatest

Mayo by 1 to 3 points, Dublin haven't been tested at all this year, Mayo a different animal, the intensity they bring to their Dublin games is unreal, Dublin could be caught out, However Dublin will probably require Mannion, Howard and Costello of the bench to save them. 

highorlow

QuoteMayo by 1 to 3 points, Dublin haven't been tested at all this year, Mayo a different animal, the intensity they bring to their Dublin games is unreal, Dublin could be caught out, However Dublin will probably require Mannion, Howard and Costello of the bench to save them.

That's an honest appraisal coming from yourself. I'm relatively optimistic but would've preferred a windy day in Dublin to mess with Cluxtos kickouts. Looking back at last year Dublin were not all that great and Kerry had them in the final only for David Morans fatigued passage of play.

Taking away the home supporters must be worth something for the away team, particularly if it's close.

I think we will do it this year, Mayo by 5+
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 17, 2020, 10:09:46 AM
Mayo by 1 to 3 points, Dublin haven't been tested at all this year, Mayo a different animal, the intensity they bring to their Dublin games is unreal, Dublin could be caught out, However Dublin will probably require Mannion, Howard and Costello of the bench to save them.

At least two of those would be starters for Mayo I'd say, maybe all 3

TheGreatest

Quote from: highorlow on December 17, 2020, 10:15:58 AM
QuoteMayo by 1 to 3 points, Dublin haven't been tested at all this year, Mayo a different animal, the intensity they bring to their Dublin games is unreal, Dublin could be caught out, However Dublin will probably require Mannion, Howard and Costello of the bench to save them.

That's an honest appraisal coming from yourself. I'm relatively optimistic but would've preferred a windy day in Dublin to mess with Cluxtos kickouts. Looking back at last year Dublin were not all that great and Kerry had them in the final only for David Morans fatigued passage of play.

Taking away the home supporters must be worth something for the away team, particularly if it's close.

I think we will do it this year, Mayo by 5+

Yeah look you have to fair, and as i said above, there were no tough games for Dublin this year, lets be honest they strolled them, they are going to get hit with a hurricane here and i hope they are ready for it.

Just on the fans thing, i was thinking no fans would help Mayo more, but now i am not so sure, as the Mayo Fans Drive them on too, Very loud an boisterous throughout all their battles with Dublin.

Hoping for good game. You will get no begrudgery from me if Mayo win it but obviously hoping the Dubs do it, my feeling is the dominance will not last and this could be our last one for a couple of years maybe, who knows. Cluxton 39 today too . . . could be his last.....