2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Forbes still involved and Healy has made no decisions yet . The dual option has been touted ..

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

O moore parklife

Quote from: les Antiques on January 17, 2018, 03:21:07 PM
Forbes still involved and Healy has made no decisions yet . The dual option has been touted ..
Forbes is 100% gone

Don Draper

Tony

Moore doesn't need to bulk in the sense that he'd need to lift weights like Arnold.

Rather, he needs to improve his S&C in terms of bursting through tackles and being able to retain possession. As someone rightly said, that is possible to do while retaining speed. Just look at the Dublin players from 20 - 23. Hopefully he'll be placed in the right hands and that talent can be harnessed correctly.

Butch Cassidy

You're bang on Tony, it's all about speed in the GAA now and hopefully this is an area Sugrue targets as we badly need to inject pace into the team.

Any challenge games this weekend?

Laoisguy

Jesus

He won't be able to burst through the tackles he is that light

That's my point

Speed and power

mountrath1

Wow loving the new concepts in fitness that ye are now relaying to us all. Bulking a lad and making him slow. .speed and power? ??. Firstly you will never make a lad slow by putting lean massg on him. Lean mass contains all the ingredients to making a person quicker (mitochondrial density= powerhouse=greater force output)..And unfortunately power is speed x strength. So therefore without bulk as ye may say ..he will never develop power persay to aid his development.

redsetanta

Bejaysus........... physics was lost on me with the Bull Ryan.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

You can say what you like about bulk but Ross never regained the speed he had before he bulked up.

He was nippy, skilful but light and when he put on the strength he slowed down considerably.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 18, 2018, 01:48:25 AM
You can say what you like about bulk but Ross never regained the speed he had before he bulked up.

He was nippy, skilful but light and when he put on the strength he slowed down considerably.
Well I know next to nothing about S&C  but I think its got to do with body shape if you like and the 2 examples I like are Clancy and Ross  before and after McNulty.
I think all will agree that before they were being thrown around the place by most teams,  Clancy never bulked up but BJ was he strong and I remember Ross hitting that Meath corner back a clatter in Tullamore and their supporters whinging about it for a week after  :D
Were they better players after ..... absolutely  IMO.

les Antiques

Attride appointed captain again with JOL and Brody vice captains.

redsetanta

Any word on the final panel yet? I would assume names etc would have to be forwarded to the gaa at this stage with the league opener just over a week away.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

OTF

I heard a lot of players have left the Limerick panel ( not wanting to make the commitment 4 or 5 night plus GYM ) will probably have a lot of young players our.

Unlaoised

Limerick have been doing savage work I heard but as a previous poster has said some of the lads are getting very pissed off with toll its taken...

I have a Cousin in UL who is friends with a player on the panel its none stop two lads have packed it in.
LAOIS ABÚ