European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

Quote from: sid waddell on April 07, 2021, 08:37:01 PM
His white Englishness and association with Frank Lampard may have lulled people into assuming he was shit, but Mason Mount is very good

I think I would have been guilty of that a little. England have no shortage of good talent in that area with himself, Foden, grealish and even James Maddison.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 07, 2021, 08:40:33 PM
His white Englishness and association with Frank Lampard may have lulled people into assuming he was shit, but Mason Mount is very good

I think I would have been guilty of that a little. England have no shortage of good talent in that area with himself, Foden, grealish and even James Maddison.
Jude Bellingham might be the best of the lot

There's so much top young English talent coming through now that it's surely only a matter of time before the granny rule tap starts flowing Ireland's way again

Declan Rice will rue his decision to play for England because he'll be on the bench or out of the squad before long

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 07, 2021, 08:40:33 PM

Thats a great midfield 4 on their own but they'll never be played at the one time
Although if anyone could do it Southgate would
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Captain Obvious

Fairly clinical by PSG, Chelsea in the 1st half of tonights matches. 3 goals from 3 shots on goal.

sid waddell

You sort of sense an emerging changing of the guard in football tonight away from the Messi/Ronaldo era

The future is Manchester City v PSG, Haaland v Mbappe and Abu Dhabi v Qatar

Captain Obvious

31 attempts on goal for Bayern Munich, lucky for PSG that Lewandowski was out injured and will likely miss the 2nd leg also.

The Juventus champions league knock out to Porto looks even worse now. They will hardly give Pirlo a 2nd season?

sid waddell

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 07, 2021, 10:14:46 PM
31 attempts on goal for Bayern Munich, lucky for PSG that Lewandowski was out injured and will likely miss the 2nd leg also.

The Juventus champions league knock out to Porto looks even worse now. They will hardly give Pirlo a 2nd season?

I can think of somebody else with the initials AP who looked for a second season, didn't go well

Maybe Pirlo will tell Agnelli to "smell my cheese" when he gets sacked

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 07, 2021, 10:14:46 PM

A tale of 2 keepers mainly. Embarrassing opener for Neuer to let in while Navas kept PSG in it at times. 

ONeill

What a brilliant attempt that old Parisian club Red Star, nearly knocking out Lyon. Some noise coming out of the apartment block beside the pitch, shining lasers in the keeper's eyes during the shoot-out. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sid waddell on April 05, 2021, 10:01:31 PM
Dembele scores a 90th minute winner for Barcelona against Valladolid

Atletico Madrid lost last night

Atletico 66
Barca 65
Scum 63

El Clasico is on Saturday at Real Madrid's new home venue - some park pitch beside a motorway

2-1 win for Real Madrid tonight. Barcelona had their chances to earn a draw including a late effort crashing off the crossbar.

Very tight title race.

Captain Obvious

Defending Champions league winners out at the Quarter final stage. Left to rue those missed chances last week and will be wondering what if Lewandowski, Gnabry was available.

Tonight they won however were lucky they didn't concede a few goals on the counter attack.

Some winner for Porto too little to late for them though, Tuchel still on track for reaching back to back Champions league finals.

Capt Pat

If Haaland clicks tonight city could be going out.

StPatsAbu

Liverpool fans attacking opposition players again outside the ground.  Why is it always Liverpool and Rangers fans doing this shit?

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12275559/real-madrid-team-bus-targeted-before-liverpool-clash-at-anfield-in-champions-league-quarter-final

Armagh18

Quote from: StPatsAbu on April 14, 2021, 08:43:57 PM
Liverpool fans attacking opposition players again outside the ground.  Why is it always Liverpool and Rangers fans doing this shit?

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12275559/real-madrid-team-bus-targeted-before-liverpool-clash-at-anfield-in-champions-league-quarter-final
Because they are absolute scum clubs?

Captain Obvious

Manchester City reach their first Champions league semi finals since 2016 under Manuel Pellegrini. Could still be another Premier League champions league final.

Semi finals
Manchester City v Paris Saint Germain
Chelsea v Real Madrid