Áth Cliath vs Iarmhí

Started by AN other, June 11, 2008, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN other

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 11, 2008, 04:58:53 PM
Quote from: Donagh on June 11, 2008, 04:57:06 PM
Should that not be Áth Cliath vs An Iarmhí?  :P

well spotted Donagh, as a North County boy thats a bit insulting  ;)

No insult intended!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Donagh on June 11, 2008, 04:57:06 PM
Should that not be Áth Cliath vs An Iarmhí?  :P

Sure what would ANOther know, sure he thinks u get 3 points for a win in the league  ;D

Westmeath have it all to do, will be very surprised if Flan plays a part, his experience around the middle and long range free taking will be sorely missed. If we keep the Dubs to a low score, we have a chance, a right chance. Glennon and Budda need a kick up de hole for Sunday fortnight as both were shocking the last day, Budda will be lucky to start actually...

Wonder how many times we're gonna be subjected to the term "defensively minded Westmeath" in the next three weeks??? ::)

Quote from: dubsnsubs on June 11, 2008, 02:57:02 PM
OK.......League form might not count for much but if it did.........the most important match results in Division 2 included.........

Westmeath beat Dublin in league final.
Westmeath beat Armagh by 5......Dublin got hammered by 9.
Westmeath beat Monaghan by 2 in Clones in a decider......Dublin drew at home.
Westmeath beat Meath by 5....Dubs win by 1.

No reason for us to be too confident. Should be interesting.......

:D Yous have a good bit to go before yous can threaten the Yerraman for cuteness...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

his holiness nb

Sure this game is Westmeaths to loose  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 11, 2008, 05:25:50 PM

Are u taking over from GNevin as our resident illiterate Dub nb???  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

his holiness nb

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 11, 2008, 05:30:48 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on June 11, 2008, 05:25:50 PM

Are u taking over from GNevin as our resident illiterate Dub nb???  :P

:'(

that cut me deep man, cut me deep.
Ask me holy bollix

AN other

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 11, 2008, 05:13:14 PM
Sure what would ANOther know, sure he thinks u get 3 points for a win in the league  ;D
In the premier league maybe...
Otherwise I don't have the foggiest what you're talking about....

heffo

Quote from: AN other on June 11, 2008, 06:06:26 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 11, 2008, 05:13:14 PM
In the premier league maybe...
Otherwise I don't have the foggiest what you're talking about....

"Let's not be forgetting about the three handy league points Dublin picked up against Cork!!!"

AN other

Quote from: heffo on June 11, 2008, 06:11:22 PM
"Let's not be forgetting about the three handy league points Dublin picked up against Cork!!!"

I never said that!!!!  ;)

DUBSFORSAM1

To be honest if we can kick good scores against Derry, Kerry etc we should be able to kick a good score against Westmeath in all honesty

INDIANA

they play a different system to them. i think they may have problems sustaining that system on a big pitch and will run out of gas enabling us to pull away in the latter stages. but i don;t see us putting up a huge score mate they have better defenders than we do, but i'd expect dublin to win by 5-6 points by pulling away in the latter stages. but it's going to be  ahell of a battle.

DUBSFORSAM1

I know they play a different system but Derry especially have a very strong and usually defensive system. I never said we would put up a huge score but if we kick 1-12 or so like we did the last time they won't win.....The big problem Westmeath will have is scoring enough to win the game playing the way they do - They scored 2-11 only against Offaly who were down to 14 men for a good while and who's keeper was terrible....

AN other

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 11, 2008, 11:57:24 PM
Offaly who were down to 14 men for a good while and who's keeper was terrible....

You spout alot of arrogant bull that I couldn't be bothered responding to Dubsforsam but can you give some instances of where the Offaly keeper was "terrible" the last day?

INDIANA

2-11 is a good score, will win 95% of games dsfm. they have accurate forwards in dolan,glennon,bannon,mangan and flanagan. midfield is the key for them. we scored 1-21 with total midfiedl dominance against louth, you won't get anywhere near that dominance against westmeath. it will all come down to how long westmeath can sustain their system in the game and whether they can hit enough scores on the break. if they can sustain it for 70mins it could be very close.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: AN other on June 12, 2008, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on June 11, 2008, 11:57:24 PM
Offaly who were down to 14 men for a good while and who's keeper was terrible....

You spout alot of arrogant bull that I couldn't be bothered responding to Dubsforsam but can you give some instances of where the Offaly keeper was "terrible" the last day?

Well when you see a keeper 15 yards from his goal and forwards putting it into an empty net that is terrible

DUBSFORSAM1

Indiana - I agree 2-11 was a decent score but do you think they will score that against Dublin? While we won't get as much midfield dominance against Westmeath Paddy Keenan is a very good midfielder and the Louth full forward line is highly rated yet we still have Whelan/Brogan to enter the starting lineup and Flynn/Connolly onto the bench now so we will be far stronger also....We also scored 1-22 and missed a few goal chances and kicked some very bad wides so I can see us kicking a decent score...The teams who have beaten Dublin are the ones who attacked us and outscored us rather than the ones who try to defend and limit our scoring...