Flags in lurgan

Started by mooncatiii, July 02, 2007, 07:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

As I said before, there shouldn't be any flags, emblems, arches or marches in commercial areas.

The one thing about last night though, that was sort of heartening, was that most people, including the cops, seemed to be just standing around bemused; and you could just about hear the strains of the Ceili House 80s revival disco in the background!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on July 02, 2007, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 12:05:45 PMI don't see what they can do. Last year both the PSNI and the DOE refused to take action when the illegal loyalist flags and bunting were placed in the town.
I've already said that I can't stand flegs and crap about the place but in what way are they illegal.
Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 12:05:45 PM
The unionists for their part still haven't grasped that the PSNI cannot enforce their illegal displays anymore. So if they continue in their attempts to mark the town out as 'unionist' as in 'ye odle goode old dayes' this is what will happen.
Truely pathetic even by your usual standards. A few 'hard men' decide to put up some flegs and this (in Donagh world) represents the whole of the Unionist community.
Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 12:05:45 PM
The question is whether their desire to hang onto the last of symbol of their dominance over the rebels of north Lurgan is strong enough to allow them to face the rebel flag flying outside their police station and church in the town centre.

More double speak. You still haven't explained your prod flegs-sectarian, taig flegs-good post from last week.

1.   They have no permission from the Council or the DOE to erect the flags and by doing so they are incitement to "breach of the peace" at the very least.

2.   Well there were representatives there from the UUP and DUP – who do they represent if not the "Unionist community"?

3.   I never said that and you never produced even any evidence I had ever used the term.

GweylTah

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 02, 2007, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 12:01:59 PM
How are some of you internet warriors such experts about who's the UVF, LVF or whatever other pathetic pretend-soldier organisations?

You wouldn't just be bored wannabees with vivid imaginations would you?

A job of work and a bit of sexua relief could do wonders for you. Have you considered man-sex, if you are old enough?

GweylTah go jump out infront of the dublin express!  bored wannabe what? who is discussing the ins and outs of the UVF and LVF, we r discussiong what happened in lurgan last nite! and as for the have i considered man-sex...have you considered findin out who your real da is!

Why the evil almost threatening attitude and advice?

Some of you do behave like internet warriors who could go with reading a few good books to at least have a rudimentary grasp of history and current affairs.

Alternatively, how about swapping a bit of hate for love.  Man-on-man sex was just a thought, if you are old enough.

lynchbhoy

How are some of you internet warriors such experts about who's the UVF, LVF or whatever other pathetic pretend-soldier organisations?
:D :D
why are ya standing up for the lvf etc !

thats fairly aggressive language you  have used there ....man.....

as in that other thread you have started, its a case of 'ye olde stylee' loyalists/unionists dictating to the wee taigs to tell them what they should think and what the 'truth' is !
::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 01:43:00 PM
Man-on-man sex was just a thought, if you are old enough.
whats with all the man-sex advertising...? ? ?
are you recruiting for the dup or uvf ?

:D

Denver Mayobridge

How do you know what these people have or have not read? You should mind your own business

GweylTah

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 02, 2007, 01:50:07 PM

as in that other thread you have started, its a case of 'ye olde stylee' loyalists/unionists dictating to the wee taigs to tell them what they should think and what the 'truth' is !

I'm doing nothing of the sort, I have a consistent line on paramilitary organisations: they are all evil and belong to the bin of history.  Is that clear enough even for you? All I see here is a load of gossip about individuals, how can people sitting at distant computer keyboards know who are few people on either side putting up flags are or what illegal organisations they belong to?

What's clear about Lurgan is that it is a divided town, a division that wasn't helped by Sinn Fein's military wing ripping the centre to pieces in 1993, the cowardly murder of the two community police officers, shot in the back of the head as they walked the beat in the town centre, in 1997, and by on-going activity by republicans that has caused regular problems on the Belfast-Dublin railway line that unites the two biggest Irish cities!  Flags displays are like dogds peeing on lamposts to mark territory but pretty small beer compared to the above incidents.

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 01:39:42 PM1.   They have no permission from the Council or the DOE to erect the flags and by doing so they are incitement to "breach of the peace" at the very least.
Quite possibly but that's not what you said.
Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 01:39:42 PM
2.   Well there were representatives there from the UUP and DUP – who do they represent if not the "Unionist community"?

Aye in the same way that the people getting bussed to Ardoyne shops at 5 in the morning, represent the Nationalist community.  ::)
Quote from: Donagh on July 02, 2007, 01:39:42 PM
3.   I never said that and you never produced even any evidence I had ever used the term.

I repeat again, if that isn't what you meant then what did you mean? If I've mis-represented you I'll be happy to apologise but so far you've refused to explain your post.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: GweylTah on July 02, 2007, 02:04:34 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 02, 2007, 01:50:07 PM

I'm doing nothing of the sort, I have a consistent line on paramilitary organisations: they are all evil and belong to the bin of history.  Is that clear enough even for you? All I see here is a load of gossip about individuals, how can people sitting at distant computer keyboards know who are few people on either side putting up flags are or what illegal organisations they belong to?

What's clear about Lurgan is that it is a divided town, a division that wasn't helped by Sinn Fein's military wing ripping the centre to pieces in 1993, the cowardly murder of the two community police officers, shot in the back of the head as they walked the beat in the town centre, in 1997, and by on-going activity by republicans that has caused regular problems on the Belfast-Dublin railway line that unites the two biggest Irish cities!  Flags displays are like dogds peeing on lamposts to mark territory but pretty small beer compared to the above incidents.

yep that was the 'cause' of it all - most definitely  ::) ::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on July 02, 2007, 02:05:38 PM
Aye in the same way that the people getting bussed to Ardoyne shops at 5 in the morning, represent the Nationalist community.  ::)

brilliant
who needs ricky gervais when we have this comedian!

(I even bet he believes it his wee self too !)

mooncatiii

Gweltah u would need to indulge in some form of releif cos it seems to me you have a bit too much tension built up there, my posts and donaghs was discussing what happened last night where UUP and DUP members stood beside loyalist paramilitaries and protested at tricolours being flown in the town centre.  this is not idle talk it is plain fact that i seen with my own two eyes, i did claim to know the ins and outs of the LVF etc so do me a favour and wind the neck in because you are amking a complete tit out of yourself again
shazam

SammyG

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 02, 2007, 02:09:25 PM

brilliant
who needs ricky gervais when we have this comedian!

(I even bet he believes it his wee self too !)

The rolly eyes were there to show sarcasm. Sorry if it was a bit too subtle for you.

Donagh

I repeat again, if that isn't what you meant then what did you mean? If I've mis-represented you I'll be happy to apologise but so far you've refused to explain your post.

I explained what I meant on that thread. If you choose to wilfully misrepresent what I said that is your prerogative.

GweylTah

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 02, 2007, 02:14:19 PM
Gweltah u would need to indulge in some form of releif cos it seems to me you have a bit too much tension built up there, my posts and donaghs was discussing what happened last night where UUP and DUP members stood beside loyalist paramilitaries and protested at tricolours being flown in the town centre.  this is not idle talk it is plain fact that i seen with my own two eyes, i did claim to know the ins and outs of the LVF etc so do me a favour and wind the neck in because you are amking a complete tit out of yourself again

How do you know they are loyalist paramilitaries?

Could it be that the UUP and DUP members there were there to try to keep a lid on things?  If so, would that not be a responsible way to behave?

Were these 'loyalist paramilitaries' wearing bomber-jackets or boiler suits or such like? Did they make you feel hot?

:-*

mooncatiii

[/quote]

what also doesn help is the up until a few years ago orange parades down the william street and north street areas of the town which is catholic areas.  the fact that catholics cannot go into the local park in fear of getting stabbed or beating where preganant women have been assaulted for wearing armagh tops where school kids have been assaulted in the town for wearing their uniforms, where house in the collingwood area r constantly attacked by supporters of the LVF!  so as i said earlier wind the neck in cos the only internet warrior here is u tryin to be a bigman going against the grain
shazam