Bord na Mona O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 26, 2018, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

This forum has become a comedy forum lately 😂😂😂 sure f**k the football and Hurling

Tony

In fairness Laoisabu, it's a very quiet time of the year  ;D. Hurling or football this time of year is fairly dirt rough, especially on the county scene with such prestigious competitions as "The O'Byrne Cup". When the League starts up, normal service will resume. Really looking forward to heading to the opening game - Newry is relatively easy to get to and Down will be a great test to see where we are currently. Who will be on the squad? What will the starting 15 be?! It will all start then, right through the summer! I can't even guess what the panel or starting 15 will look like as I haven't heard who from Portlaoise will commit this year. If a large Portlaoise contingent show up, there could be 5 or 6 starters from Portlaoise.

Laoiseabu

I'd say the most will be 4 starters from Portlaoise maybe 5 at a push. Depends who commits

les Antiques

I know Healy has committed but I  honestly think his time has passed at Inter county level . Seale ,Lillis, Brody, Boyle all definite starter's in my opinion .

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

les Antiques

With Sean Cotter on the line this year also there should  be no excuse for anyone from Town that are good enough not committing.

SCFC

Carroll got plenty of game time last year. Is he still involved? And Holland too? Finn refused a call up I heard.

Nameless

Competition for starting places will be tougher this year I think. Only Brody and Dillon are guaranteed starters from Portlaoise in my opinion, maybe Lillis too. Anyone know about the cuts, who's in and who's out?

GK: Brody, Keogh, Osbourne?

FB: Dillon, Timmons, Healy, Seale, Campion, Booth, O'Connor, Kelly, Fennell, Holland

HB: Attride, Begley, Crowley, Piggott, Murphy, Buggie, Collins, Nerney

MF: Meaney, O'Loughlin, Lillis, O'Reilly, Bracken

HF: Boyle, Daly, Scully, Barry, Farrell, Glynn, Carroll

FF: Kingston x2, Lowry x2, Munnelly, Murphy, O'Carroll, Keogh, Conway

What about Sheil and Cahilane? Who am I forgetting?

Nameless

Then the starting team will have 8 certain starters with 7 spots up for grabs?

___________Brody

???????___Timmons____ Dillon

Attride_____Begley__????????

___O'Loughlin_______???????

??????___???????_____???????

???????___Kingston___O'Carroll

Edit: I just put question marks in the free spots but I'll leave the faces.

SCFC

Quote from: Nameless on January 08, 2019, 07:02:57 PM
Competition for starting places will be tougher this year I think. Only Brody and Dillon are guaranteed starters from Portlaoise in my opinion, maybe Lillis too. Anyone know about the cuts, who's in and who's out?

FB: Dillon, Timmons, Healy, Seale, Campion, Booth, O'Connor, Kelly, Fennell, Holland

You forgot Hitchcock, Tyrell, James Mullaney, Eoin Dunne, Paddy O'Sullivan and Brian Byrne anyway. There's a couple of Courtwood and Emo lads in there too but I hear they'll be going back to under 20s squad.

Butch Cassidy

The u20s should be strong this year. Any word on how they are getting on?

Giovanni

Quote from: Nameless on January 08, 2019, 07:02:57 PM

I think I'd be more inclined to see Healy as a half back at this stage.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Is Brendan Quigley an option at midfield this year, surely his injury must have healed by now ? ?
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

Quote from: les Antiques on January 08, 2019, 04:42:27 PM
With Sean Cotter on the line this year also there should  be no excuse for anyone from Town that are good enough not committing.
Any player that needs a clubman on the setup up to commit to Laois needs to seriously look at themselves in the mirror.