2018 NFL Division 4

Started by AQMP, January 03, 2018, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Give and Go

London are making Ruislip a fortress by the sounds of it! Another point picked up today. And what about Wicklow drawing with Antrim in Belfast??? I couldnt see anyone touching them up there.

Catch and Kick

Round 4 coming up. You'd have to fancy Antrim to bounce back from dropping a point to Wicklow and now beat London comfortably. They are unlikely to get caught a second time.
Laois have impressed under Sugrue; he has revitalised the older players and brought in hungry younger lads to fight for those starting jerseys. Cannot see Wicklow being within 8-10 points of them even in Aughrim.
Carlow may be sitting on top of the table but who have they beaten?? Leitrim, Limerick and London. nothing to get excited about. Waterford are capable of so much more - a big team with good ball players. That will be tight and I go for Waterford here.
Leitrim and Limerick have nothing but pride to play for and Limerick should prevail.
I fancy Laois to wrap up the division early and blood more players before the championship opener v Wexford. O Carroll and Lowry stood out of rUCD throughout the Sigerson campaign and have really strengthened the forward division.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Catch and Kick on February 19, 2018, 07:45:46 PM
Round 4 coming up. You'd have to fancy Antrim to bounce back from dropping a point to Wicklow and now beat London comfortably. They are unlikely to get caught a second time.
Laois have impressed under Sugrue; he has revitalised the older players and brought in hungry younger lads to fight for those starting jerseys. Cannot see Wicklow being within 8-10 points of them even in Aughrim.
Carlow may be sitting on top of the table but who have they beaten?? Leitrim, Limerick and London. nothing to get excited about. Waterford are capable of so much more - a big team with good ball players. That will be tight and I go for Waterford here.
Leitrim and Limerick have nothing but pride to play for and Limerick should prevail.
I fancy Laois to wrap up the division early and blood more players before the championship opener v Wexford. O Carroll and Lowry stood out of rUCD throughout the Sigerson campaign and have really strengthened the forward division.

They beat Leitrim in better fashion than Laois did, beat London comfortably away and beat Limerick in comfortable fashion.
Laois beat Limerick well to be fair but conceded 3-10 against Leitrim and struggled to beat Waterford. There is not much between them and Carlow might be the more tactically astute and better prepared team. I'd expect both to go up tbh.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 19, 2018, 09:30:12 PM

They beat Leitrim in better fashion than Laois did, beat London comfortably away and beat Limerick in comfortable fashion.
Laois beat Limerick well to be fair but conceded 3-10 against Leitrim and struggled to beat Waterford. There is not much between them and Carlow might be the more tactically astute and better prepared team. I'd expect both to go up tbh.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be so sure about Laois going up just yet - a massive red flag for me is that they conceded 3-10 to Leitrim, when Leitrim only managed to score 0-5 in both their other games.

Funny to be asking who Carlow beat when the 3 teams Laois have beat are the 3 teams at the bottom of the table (although 2 of them are teams Carlow beat)

Catch and Kick

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 19, 2018, 10:00:23 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 19, 2018, 09:30:12 PM
Fair point but Laois have been playing with a lot of their expereinced players either resting or dropped to test their commitment. Think they have risen to the challenge and come the end of the league Laois will have their strongest team on the pitch plus a depth to their squad that was missing in the past few years. Lot of quality around that panel.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be so sure about Laois going up just yet - a massive red flag for me is that they conceded 3-10 to Leitrim, when Leitrim only managed to score 0-5 in both their other games.

Funny to be asking who Carlow beat when the 3 teams Laois have beat are the 3 teams at the bottom of the table (although 2 of them are teams Carlow beat)

Unlaoised

Could waterford upset Carlow this weekend I think they can
LAOIS ABÚ

Blowitupref

Waterford 2-9 Carlow 2-12. Thats 4 wins from 4 games for Carlow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Catch and Kick

Big result for Carlow. Puts pressure on Antrim and Laois tomorrow. Beginning to look like this division is going down to the wire. League is a great leveller.

Give and Go

Laois and Antrim in round 5 is a huge game. Antrim have had the upper hand on Laois in last few years. If both win tomorrow that will be some clash. Looking forward to it.

laoislad

Laois  1:16 Wicklow 0:10 FT
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AQMP

London 0-13 Antrim 0-17. 

Looks like it's between Antrim, Carlow and Laois at this stage.  Laois v Antrim in the next round could sort things out.

Unlaoised

Laois played in second gear down in Wicklow and still won I think there is more to come from the O'Moores
LAOIS ABÚ

laoislad

Carlow promoted after beating Antrim. Laois just need one win from last two games to join them.
Must be a good few years since Carlow were last promoted?

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on March 18, 2018, 03:19:05 PM
Carlow promoted after beating Antrim. Laois just need one win from last two games to join them.

33 according to someone on another thread
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2018, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 18, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

33 according to someone on another thread
Yeah just seen that now.
They seem happy... @stpatricksgaa's Tweet: https://twitter.com/stpatricksgaa/status/975382482592976896?s=09