Paul Grimley & Big Joe- The future of Armagh Football.

Started by stew, April 15, 2013, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Oraisteach on April 16, 2013, 09:48:58 PM
I asked this on the Armagh vs. Cavan thread, but I was wondering if Jamie Clarke will be in good enough shape to help the county right away after he returns from his Louise and Clarke expedition.  Maybe Jamie playing in 3-minute bursts will be enough to stick the ball in the net.  Also, I like Tony Kernan, but if he plays and Jamie plays, who has to sit?

Jamie will be back shortly and will be in good enough shape. He looks after himself and is not a big party man,much prefers the mochas to the mojitos!  He was in fine shape returning from NY last year and that was on a lads break.

It is really a toss up between Johnnny Waah TK, Mallon and McParland for 2 spots.  Tactically Iwould be inclined to start the 2 Cross lads as they would workvery hard for 40 to 45 minutes and win a lot of lose dirty ball.  As the play opens up going into the last 15 minutes I think Mallon and McParland would get a lot of joy from the space being created.

armaghniac

QuoteJamie will be back shortly and will be in good enough shape. He looks after himself and is not a big party man,much prefers the mochas to the mojitos

Sure he was probably running about 3000m up in the Andes, the air in Breffni Park will be like rocket fuel.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 16, 2013, 10:24:43 PM
I asked this on the Armagh vs. Cavan thread, but I was wondering if Jamie Clarke will be in good enough shape to help the county right away after he returns from his Louise and Clarke expedition.  Maybe Jamie playing in 3-minute bursts will be enough to stick the ball in the net.  Also, I like Tony Kernan, but if he plays and Jamie plays, who has to sit?

Jamie will be back shortly and will be in good enough shape. He looks after himself and is not a big party man,much prefers the mochas to the mojitos!  He was in fine shape returning from NY last year and that was on a lads break.

It is really a toss up between Johnnny Waah TK, Mallon and McParland for 2 spots.  Tactically Iwould be inclined to start the 2 Cross lads as they would workvery hard for 40 to 45 minutes and win a lot of lose dirty ball.  As the play opens up going into the last 15 minutes I think Mallon and McParland would get a lot of joy from the space being created.

Hanratty won't be on the championship team - nor should he be. If the national league has shown us anything it is that he's a very good club footballer on his day but short at county level.

Onion Bag

Here is my take on the Championship 15! Any opinions??

1. P Mc Evoy
2. J Morgan
3. B Donaghy
4. P Mc Keown
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. F Moriarity
8. K toner/J Lavery
9. S Harold
10. C Rafferty/T Kernan
11. C Vernon
12. K Dyas
13. G Mc Parland
14. S Forker
15. J Clarke
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

Hanratty won't be on the championship team - nor should he be. If the national league has shown us anything it is that he's a very good club footballer on his day but short at county level.

It's all about opinions I suppose, I know he has more in him than he showed during the league games.  He has got his head down now and working hard on his game.

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 17, 2013, 09:27:31 AM

1. P Mc Evoy
2. J Morgan
3. B Donaghy
4. P Mc Keown
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. F Moriarity
8. K toner/J Lavery
9. S Harold
10. C Rafferty/T Kernan
11. C Vernon
12. K Dyas
13. G Mc Parland
14. S Forker
15. J Clarke

Vernon has a broken bone in his foot so is unlikely to be fit.

Onion Bag

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 17, 2013, 09:43:19 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on April 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

It's all about opinions I suppose, I know he has more in him than he showed during the league games.  He has got his head down now and working hard on his game.

1. P Mc Evoy
2. J Morgan
3. B Donaghy
4. P Mc Keown
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. F Moriarity
8. K toner/J Lavery
9. S Harold
10. C Rafferty/T Kernan
11. C Vernon
12. K Dyas
13. G Mc Parland
14. S Forker
15. J Clarke

Vernon has a broken bone in his foot so is unlikely to be fit.

Never heard, thats a bad blow to him after just getting back from injury, wish him a spedy recovery.
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

AFS

1. P Mc Evoy - Yeah.
2. J Morgan - Yeah.
3. B Donaghy - Yeah.
4. P Mc Keown - Shields has as good a shout for this spot.
5. A Kernan - Yeah.
6. K Mc Keever - Will play at 7.
7. F Moriarity - An option for 6, but probably behind Toner and McKenna.
8. K toner/J Lavery - Lavery will definitely play.
9. S Harold - Yeah.
10. C Rafferty/T Kernan - Rafferty will definitely play.
11. C Vernon - As has been said, he's injured. A Forker would be my choice for this spot. Hanratty, Mallon and even E Rafferty could come into the mix.
12. K Dyas - Yeah.
13. G Mc Parland - Probably played himself out of the team in the last couple of league games. T Kernan looking a lot more likely.
14. S Forker - Yeah.
15. J Clarke - Yeah.