Jamie Bryson

Started by theticklemister, January 07, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It's the former.

The PUP seem to be pushing these protests too. They voted for the flag to come down. Anyone with any wit isn't involved - the DUP started it to get ALliance out of east belfast, the UVF etc jumped on board and then "opportunists" like the PUP and Bryson came on board.  It's all a crock of shit and anyone with any sense knows it.

brokencrossbar1

I imagine a few boys will be scoping outside the BarOne out in Dundalk, hoping and praying... ;)

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2013, 03:50:22 PM
It's the former.

The PUP seem to be pushing these protests too. They voted for the flag to come down. Anyone with any wit isn't involved - the DUP started it to get ALliance out of east belfast, the UVF etc jumped on board and then "opportunists" like the PUP and Bryson came on board.  It's all a crock of shit and anyone with any sense knows it.

Yes, but do you know anyone who is willing to say in private that's it's a crock of shit?

sensethetone

heard bryson on radio this mornin.. anyone who supports the gaa- supports terrorism aswell as any sponsorship of anythin to do with the gaa-supports terrorism. f mitchell then mentioned some of the top sponsors eg. ulster bank, super valu, bushmills, vodafone,02, canal court, o neills etc etc then frank goes are they sponsoring terrorism and jamie goes..... yes!

AZOffaly

Also. it's not the guys with an ounce of sense I'm worried about, it's the morons with no sense other than a sense that they are being betrayed by their own government, and are spoiling for a fight. Some of the comments on facebook that you'd see on the LAD page, from presumably real loyalists are absolutely unreal, and if they are told the GAA is an enemy, I can almost guarantee the GAA will get another touch soon enough.

NAG1

Quote from: deiseach on November 28, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
It's the former.

Yes, but do you know anyone who is willing to say in private that's it's a crock of shit?

Careful between the difference of Unionists and Loyalists.

The Unionists by and large wash their hands of these protesters.

trileacman

Quote from: deiseach on November 28, 2013, 03:43:09 PM
Someone here (I hope) must know someone of the unionist persuasion in the North. If so, can you please confirm that people on the ground despair at the way that the likes of Jamie Bryson are allowed to speak on behalf of all of them without anyone shouting him down. The alternative - that people on the ground are so outraged over The Fleg that they quietly hope that he'll give Prods more traction in the zero-sum game with the Taigs - doesn't bear thinking about.

It's not that black and white. It's not simply people who back Bryson and those who silently despise him. A lot of them would not support him by going to protests or would not advocate his action in public either. But at the same time they wouldn't openly disparage him to a Catholic neighbour or whilst in public. Deep down a vast majority of them feel their traditions and culture are being diluted to appease a Catholic mass who not too long ago where under cosh. It's an upset to the status quo and it irks a lot of them to a small degree.

Not that I blame them, I mean whilst I would question the naming of some trophies and grounds after IRA members amongst my friends, family and indeed on this site, I wouldn't allow the same liberalism to infiltrate a conversation with a protestant from home. I wouldn't want to be seen to be seeking to appease the likes of Byrson, Fraizer and Donaldson by removing references to some of our own. It's about sticking up for your own side and all that.

It's a different thing up here, looking in isn't the same as living in.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

deiseach

Quote from: NAG1 on November 28, 2013, 03:58:29 PM
It's the former.

Careful between the difference of Unionists and Loyalists.

The Unionists by and large wash their hands of these protesters.

I'm aware of the difference. But no matter how hard I look (and i look a lot), I can't see any evidence of a silent majority of Unionists who think Jamie Bryson is damaging to their cause. Which makes me think that they might not be out there. I'm willing to be proven wrong. Heck, even a silent minority would be nice so that I can dispel the lingering feeling that they'd all side with Jamie rather than be giving an inch to the Fenians.

imtommygunn

Quote from: sensethetone on November 28, 2013, 03:57:43 PM
heard bryson on radio this mornin.. anyone who supports the gaa- supports terrorism aswell as any sponsorship of anythin to do with the gaa-supports terrorism. f mitchell then mentioned some of the top sponsors eg. ulster bank, super valu, bushmills, vodafone,02, canal court, o neills etc etc then frank goes are they sponsoring terrorism and jamie goes..... yes!

The UVF are not terrorists too according to Jamie!

Deiseach I know various people, protestant and catholic, who quite openly say it's a crock of shit. I know several that I'm best not talking to about it too mind.

deiseach

Quote from: trileacman on November 28, 2013, 04:00:37 PM
It's not that black and white. It's not simply people who back Bryson and those who silently despise him. A lot of them would not support him by going to protests or would not advocate his action in public either. But at the same time they wouldn't openly disparage him to a Catholic neighbour or whilst in public. Deep down a vast majority of them feel their traditions and culture are being diluted to appease a Catholic mass who not too long ago where under cosh. It's an upset to the status quo and it irks a lot of them to a small degree.

Not that I blame them, I mean whilst I would question the naming of some trophies and grounds after IRA members amongst my friends, family and indeed on this site, I wouldn't allow the same liberalism to infiltrate a conversation with a protestant from home. I wouldn't want to be seen to be seeking to appease the likes of Byrson, Fraizer and Donaldson by removing references to some of our own. It's about sticking up for your own side and all that.

Thanks for the considered response. The thing is, you're basically saying that I'm right - no one would ever speak out against Bryson, even in private, for fear of letting the side down. There are no depths to which he can not plunge the North before people from his side will denounce him because you are with themmuns or agin 'em. And I don't think there are two sides to this story. There was widespread and vocal opposition to the Provos right throughout the Troubles from Nationalists. There is no comparable constituency in Unionism. You don't see the various OWCers here saying that Bryson doesn't speak for anyone because the fact of the matter is that he does, or at least they would choose to tolerate him rather say anything against him. That's not to say that the individual contributors think this way, just that they couldn't say with a straight face that he represents a completely extermist viewpoint. Faced with that, it does make me wonder (and ironically I'll probably regret saying this) whether the Shinner apologists on here have a point, i.e. that the Brits and Unionists couldn't have been brought to a compromise until they had been bombed to one.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on November 28, 2013, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: trileacman on November 28, 2013, 04:00:37 PM

Thanks for the considered response. The thing is, you're basically saying that I'm right - no one would ever speak out against Bryson, even in private, for fear of letting the side down. There are no depths to which he can not plunge the North before people from his side will denounce him because you are with themmuns or agin 'em. And I don't think there are two sides to this story. There was widespread and vocal opposition to the Provos right throughout the Troubles from Nationalists. There is no comparable constituency in Unionism. You don't see the various OWCers here saying that Bryson doesn't speak for anyone because the fact of the matter is that he does, or at least they would choose to tolerate him rather say anything against him. That's not to say that the individual contributors think this way, just that they couldn't say with a straight face that he represents a completely extermist viewpoint. Faced with that, it does make me wonder (and ironically I'll probably regret saying this) whether the Shinner apologists on here have a point, i.e. that the Brits and Unionists couldn't have been brought to a compromise until they had been bombed to one.

Bingo!

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 28, 2013, 04:14:19 PM
Deiseach I know various people, protestant and catholic, who quite openly say it's a crock of shit. I know several that I'm best not talking to about it too mind.

After my previous rant, that makes me feel a little better. Good to know.

deiseach

Milltown Row2

It's the former.

I'd know a right few and this guy would not even come into a conversation, laughable at best, he is targeting the estates where the level of intelligence is 20% below his...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2013, 04:31:42 PM
It's the former.

I'd know a right few and they this guy would not even come into a conversation, laughable at best, he is targeting the estates where the level of intelligence is 20% below his...

Yeah and they're easy pickings as the ruling Unionists only need them for their votes come election time and forget about them the rest of the time or when they need to stir a hornets nest.

The loyalist working class have only ever had David Irvine as a true leader who knew what was going on and could represent them in a meaningful way.5 years or so after his death they've fallen back into the play things of the DUP who don't give a shít for them.

The likes of Wullie and Jamie to us are morons but if you've nobody else even remotely on the same wavelength then its a 'f**k it, you'll do' scenario.