The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 03, 2018, 06:03:04 PM
This tie reminds me of 2005 when Chelsea were arguably the best side in Europe yet they still couldn't get past Liverpool. A win for Liverpool over two legs against Manchester City and the dream of another Champions league title is a real possibility.

They'd be doing it the hard way this time..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2018, 06:04:25 PM
This tie reminds me of 2005 when Chelsea were arguably the best side in Europe yet they still couldn't get past Liverpool. A win for Liverpool over two legs against Manchester City and the dream of another Champions league title is a real possibility.

3-0 down against AC Milan was hardly doing it the easy way the last time.

gawa316

No way on in hell this one will be 1 nil, after both legs.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on April 03, 2018, 04:04:59 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 03, 2018, 12:00:28 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 02, 2018, 11:44:31 PM
So what do yiz reckon the line up will be for city?

My selection

Karius
TAA
Matip
VVD
Robertson
Henderson
Can
Ox
Salah
Firmino
Mane

Going to be hard going

Matip out for the season so Lovren will play. Probably would have played anyways.

Klavan unavaialble as well so only 2 fit cb's! Team picks itself now, and leaves a pretty much threadbare bench with no Can, Lallana, Gomez, Matip and klavan
I see Conor Masterson from Lucan is being drafted into the first team squad as cover for centre back.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 03, 2018, 06:10:53 PM

That was an amazing game.. which I missed, till extra time as I was playing that night! But should Liverpool win this year, beating City, Madrid possibly and Barca would be winning it the hard way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2018, 09:51:55 PM

That was an amazing game.. which I missed, till extra time as I was playing that night! But should Liverpool win this year, beating City, Madrid possibly and Barca would be winning it the hard way

Juventus, Chelsea and Milan not a kick in the arse of that either

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gawa316 on April 03, 2018, 06:23:09 PM

No way on in hell this one will be 1 nil, after both legs.
Unlikely yes however Liverpool winning this tie over two legs by one goal is more likely.

stiffler

;D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hound

Have a fear City could finish it tonight, like Madrid last night.

Would love to keep a clean sheet, but can't see it!

Story seems to be that Can is unlikely to play, rather than definitely out. He's been back training, so I'd risk him, alongside Ox and Milner.

Cunny Funt

I fancy Liverpool to win tonight 2-1 i reckon.

Minder

Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2018, 04:35:38 PM

Story seems to be that Can is unlikely to play, rather than definitely out. He's been back training, so I'd risk him, alongside Ox and Milner.

Yeah I think it could get out of hand tonight if City play as they are capable of
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Was way more confident when draw was made but the closer the game gets the less confident i get.  Would love to be still in the tie after tonight !

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 04, 2018, 05:44:07 PM
Was way more confident when draw was made but the closer the game gets the less confident i get.  Would love to be still in the tie after tonight !
No Aguero should keep Citi's scoreline below 5

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on April 04, 2018, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2018, 04:35:38 PM

Yeah I think it could get out of hand tonight if City play as they are capable of
Agreed. Can't see City not scoring tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.