Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Derry / Re: Derry Club Football & Hurling
« Last post by cuyahoga on Today at 02:22:49 AM »

JohnDenver
<I would imagine Chrissy will be handed a free role / sweeper in the team, with the view of limiting the number of goals conceded and him organising and joining overlaps if and when needed.>

I'd nearly agree. Chrissy is the man who relieves the defence when it is under pressure by making himself available and then decides what options are available to start an attack or otherwise. He is the cool head to see what options are available and seldom gets turned over in a number 6 jersey. I would guess he was Mickey Moran's right hand man when Mickey was at Slaughtneil and Mickey was a good operator.
GAA Discussion / Re: McKenna Cup 2019
« Last post by Aaron Boone on Today at 02:15:44 AM »
Tyrone have been in every final this decade so they are fair favorites.

Granted Armagh have had a tougher route to the this year’s decider and have home advantage, but Tyrone’s McKenna Cup record is so strong.
General discussion / Re: Motion to ban Dolph1
« Last post by Eamonnca1 on Today at 01:47:40 AM »
* snore *
General discussion / Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Last post by Eamonnca1 on Today at 01:46:57 AM »
People who use the Applegreen Stations to bypass traffic.

I wonder if some sort of speed ramps or forcing them to make a detour would slow them down enough that it wouldn't be worth their while.
Laois / Re: Newspaper Items
« Last post by Junior Ex Laoistalk on Today at 01:16:59 AM »
Dublin players getting county transfers and here's how they're qualifying for it
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-players-getting-county-transfers-heres-theyre-qualifying-190719?utm
the handpass rule is very positive imo and you could clearly see that players were reluctant to give the 3rd handpass so they looked to kick at all times,

What???

There was a moment last week when Tyrone broke brilliantly from their own 45. 2 handpasses and Harte had three runners steaming ahead of him. So he kicked a hand pass. 3 yards. Why?

New rules stymie those whose styles they were bought in to counter.
Kicked a handpass????
GAA Discussion / Re: McKenna Cup 2019
« Last post by ONeill on Today at 12:09:47 AM »
Armagh 2/1 on Saturday night, have to be worth a punt!

Definitely
the handpass rule is very positive imo and you could clearly see that players were reluctant to give the 3rd handpass so they looked to kick at all times,

What???

There was a moment last week when Tyrone broke brilliantly from their own 45. 2 handpasses and Harte had three runners steaming ahead of him. So he kicked a hand pass. 3 yards. Why?
I keep coming back to this, Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
https://youtu.be/vi7cuAjArRs

Wish you were here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10