Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree. It's always been going on just less people talking about it.

Shane Walsh seemed to magnify it a bit but just because one high profile boy does it it doesn't make it any greater than it was from what I can see.

thegooch13

Why did ryan murray come off early the other day? Will he be a doubt for this weekend?

bannside

Looked like a hamstring twinge, hope it's not too serious Ryan definitely one of our most valuable players. I'd say he'll do a warm up before the game on Sunday and see what it's like!

imtommygunn

It's on saturday  ;D

Yeah hopefully he's available. I think saturday a very interesting game to show where we're at. I very much hope it's a winnable game but won't be easy.

bannside

Indeed...2pm lol. Definitely a big game.

Belfast GAA man

Jarlath burns is going to be out to stop cash under counter to managers so the south west boys may get their house in order

Saffrongael

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 22, 2023, 10:26:30 PM
Jarlath burns is going to be out to stop cash under counter to managers so the south west boys may get their house in order

Would love to know how he is going to stop that
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Belfast GAA man

Saffsof82

Belfast GAA man

Dunno something about rooting it out in the article i read

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 22, 2023, 10:35:49 PM
Bright guy so must've plan

Does be intend to refuse his own huge salary and all the enormous benefits.....as well as aĺll those going to like minded member if central council.....?
Our arganisation was founded on the principle that all change to rule would filter from.club via county and provincial to the central body.....

Am afraid such has ling since been abandoned......

bannside

A lot of things have changed since that meeting in Hayes Hotel  back in 1884. The GAA is evolving with society, into a
a multi cultural organisation, envied and admired in equal measures, played in hundreds of countries throughout the world. It needs professional people to deliver this, I have no problem with that.

But hey...bring back the good old days where there was so much red tape it took a decade to decide who was buying the biscuits for the committee meeting!

EOC1923

Cashless gates another sign of the times. Can understand how some older folk would prefer to pay cash at the gate, but its a small price to pay going online. The amount of thieving taking place at match day gates was chronic.

Would ye whist

The President gets reimbursed for his salary he will not receive from his day job (surely you don't begrudge him that).

Also he is entitled to expenses, surely you pay at the gate for every match you attend CB whether you are reporting or not, or does that notebook double as contactless payment card?!

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 24, 2023, 08:43:37 AM

Does be intend to refuse his own huge salary and all the enormous benefits.....as well as aĺll those going to like minded member if central council.....?
Our arganisation was founded on the principle that all change to rule would filter from.club via county and provincial to the central body.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on February 24, 2023, 11:47:29 AM
The President gets reimbursed for his salary he will not receive from his day job (surely you don't begrudge him that).

Also he is entitled to expenses, surely you pay at the gate for every match you attend CB whether you are reporting or not, or does that notebook double as contactless payment card?!

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 24, 2023, 08:43:37 AM

He had to pay a few times last year  :D

When are the fixtures out?

I'm at christening the first day so someone will be pleased lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea