Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Seniors got a game too, competitive challenge lined up behind closed doors.

Hoof Hearted

Transferring between clubs ?
Disgraceful behaviour  ;)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Under 20s off to good start with fully deserved 3 point victory against Down. Some excellent individual performances into the bargain. Ryan McQuillan MOM for me, looks like a great prospect.

Shout out to keeper Shea Laverty, couple of great saves and three 45s converted that made the difference.

Tyrone up next next week in Garvaghy.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2023, 08:29:51 AM
EOC can you confirm or deny any truth in this? Your "Naw Nothing" response previously looks wide of the mark. Aren't Burkes half Cargin to begin with?? Other half Newbridge.
Tiernan  transferred the us  a few years back but only stayed for one year (they would be first cousins of the Burke's who played for us)

country bumpkin

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 11, 2023, 06:45:14 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2023, 08:29:51 AM
EOC can you confirm or deny any truth in this? Your "Naw Nothing" response previously looks wide of the mark. Aren't Burkes half Cargin to begin with?? Other half Newbridge.
Tiernan  transferred the us  a few years back but only stayed for one year (they would be first cousins of the Burke's who played for us)

Brothers....

EOC1923

A fair few in the ulster colleges scene not too upset that HTC lost today, seems the rules are well and truly bent to allow a lot of their players to play. Not sure if 100 percent true but hearing lads out plumbing 4 days a week and in school one day a week we're playing.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 12, 2023, 04:33:29 PM
A fair few in the ulster colleges scene not too upset that HTC lost today, seems the rules are well and truly bent to allow a lot of their players to play. Not sure if 100 percent true but hearing lads out plumbing 4 days a week and in school one day a week we're playing.

True enuf...

ck

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 12, 2023, 04:33:29 PM

Correct EOC. HTC have made a holy mockery of the rules last year and again this year. It's as bad if not worse as your outline above. Lads enrolled just to play football - the powers that be in the school should be ashamed. Ridiculous and disgraceful.

Wolfetones

I think today completely burst the bubble surrounding the HTC coaching team. On paper, they had the stronger team, but the CBS looked like a team, while HTC looked like a gather up of individuals.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Wolfetones on February 13, 2023, 12:13:11 AM
I think today completely burst the bubble surrounding the HTC coaching team. On paper, they had the stronger team, but the CBS looked like a team, while HTC looked like a gather up of individuals.

What bubble?

paddyjohn

What have I missed here about HTC?

Tyrdub

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 13, 2023, 07:06:53 AM

7 lads "repeating" an A-Level or 2, maybe in school a day or 2 per week, rest of the time out working. And it showed, the build on some of them lads was unreal.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Tyrdub on February 13, 2023, 08:53:41 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 13, 2023, 07:06:53 AM

7 lads "repeating" an A-Level or 2, maybe in school a day or 2 per week, rest of the time out working. And it showed, the build on some of them lads was unreal.

Indeed, just skating around the system for a couple of years but school was compliant in accepting such with a stoke of the pen.....

EOC1923

HTC were missing some boy through injury, I heard he put his back out building a footing last week

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 13, 2023, 01:56:59 PM
HTC were missing some boy through injury, I heard he put his back out building a footing last week

Can be dodgy enough building an aul footing, obviously not following the safety standards, bending the knees and not over stretching, lifting the block over the wall will do it, specially in the morning when ya haven't had your tae
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea