China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

We've gone into super contingency mode today. We are a pharmaceutical distributor so are very key to the supply chain and we label and distribute from our site in Ballinascreen.

The warehouse and labelling workers are being divided into 2 teams with a number of reserves to fill in if someone goes down. 2 shifts one before lunch and one after lunch, during lunch the lunch hour the whole place is to be disinfected.

Anyone who can work from home has to and there's no more than 2 people allowed in an office at any one time.

tbrick18

I had to do an emergency shop over lunch time there....I went by myself.
First problem, McDonalds is closing tonight so every road in the vicinity of the local Micky D's is at a standstill as every numpty in the planet is in the drive through queue. This in turn is blocking access to Sainsbury's/Home bargains etc.

Eventually got into Home Bargains....got the bread and beans and a pack of bog roll. There's no hand wash, hand sanitiser or soap. There's no signs up regarding social distancing and staff were not wearing gloves. People there with their kids and when you stand back to observe the 2m rule, then others are practically walking into you.
As I cant seem to get my hands on any sanitiser, I'm depending on baby wipes to clean my hands on returning to the car.

We def need a way to enforce the social distancing, but not sure how that can be done without a complete lock down.

No doubt, the same people who are flaunting the 2m rule now are the people who will cry most if a total lock down comes into force.

armaghniac

The last two posts show the way forward. This is long term thing, some way of carrying on business is needed, and if that needs substantial rearrangement then that is what is needed.

On packaging, if things are used immediately it may be worth thinking about it. If things are not used for a few days then the risk is gone.

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 23, 2020, 02:49:48 PM
We def need a way to enforce the social distancing, but not sure how that can be done without a complete lock down.

Regulating people in general may be hard, but surely they can regulate shops to have sanitiser and to limit the number in the shop and the queues inside the shop.

Since the government is spending money to support people who lost their jobs, I would pay for people to man the door and clean trolleys etc, this would be a good use of public funds as it would support the people but fight the virus also.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 02:54:23 PM
The last two posts show the way forward. This is long term thing, some way of carrying on business is needed, and if that needs substantial rearrangement then that is what is needed.

On packaging, if things are used immediately it may be worth thinking about it. If things are not used for a few days then the risk is gone.

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 23, 2020, 02:49:48 PM

Regulating people in general may be hard, but surely they can regulate shops to have sanitiser and to limit the number in the shop and the queues inside the shop.

Since the government is spending money to support people who lost their jobs, I would pay for people to man the door and clean trolleys etc, this would be a good use of public funds as it would support the people but fight the virus also.

I would say in times like these, considering the shops are making significantly more than normal, they should have to pay to do this themselves?

For example if you as a business are staying open it is mandatory to provide all sanitiser/gloves etc as well as making sure people in your shop follow the social distancing metrics laid out

imtommygunn

I think they, the shops, should be employing security guards and if you don't adhere to social distancing you should be turfed out of the shop.

five points

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 23, 2020, 02:59:10 PM
I think they, the shops, should be employing security guards and if you don't adhere to social distancing you should be turfed out of the shop.

Agree 100%.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: five points on March 23, 2020, 03:19:29 PM

Agree 100%.
A chap about 23 or so stood in the queue in Sainsbury's on Saturday breathing down my neck. When I asked him to step back a bit from my space he started laughing and asked was I serious.

MayoBuck

Most pharmacies I've seen have someone on the door and will only let in a limited number of people at a time. The next phase of clamping down will probably mean rolling that out to grocery shops.

The centra near me have put perspex screens in front of all till operators.

RedHand88

Last day of McDonald's today.
McDonald's Kennedy way closed down by the police because of the crowds that had descended.
McDonald's boucher road queued onto the M1.

People are nuts

imtommygunn

What the hell. Takeaways still deliver whether that be mcdonalds or not.

Rossfan

Queueing at fkn McDonalds......
Evolution must be reversing at a fair oul pace up North...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 23, 2020, 03:56:08 PM

Agree 100%.
A chap about 23 or so stood in the queue in Sainsbury's on Saturday breathing down my neck. When I asked him to step back a bit from my space he started laughing and asked was I serious.

At this point you should have sneezed on him and said that you had the virus and you didnt want to be close to people, enjoy your day!

Well maybe not sneezed, coughed slightly  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Agree 100%.

Should have grabbed him by the throat and forced him back.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 23, 2020, 04:43:30 PM

Agree 100%.

Should have grabbed him by the throat and forced him back.
I did lose my temper a bit, which is unlike me, and told him he'd get a dig in the jaw if he didn't get out of my space. Which probably wasn't the ideal response  :-\

Solo_run

+41 79 893 18 92

Add this number to your WhatsApp and message "Hi" this is being used by the world health organisation in relation to Covid-19