?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2020, 10:03:45 AM
Angelo I think everyone has their favourite players and the players they dislike and not much will really change, it's clear James is not one of your favourites...lol. For what it's worth he drives me up the wall at times especially making a half hearted attempt to go for a 50/50 tackle and easily he's brushed off the ball but as stated earlier he has scored so many goals and assists that cannot be ignored. You will see the pitches improving now and a lot of home matches coming up and i'd expect him to improve his form again. Maybe Neil should have given him the curly finger a few times but he is a crucial part of the team...

But the goals have dried up and the performances have dried up. I'm not talking about the past - I'm talking about the present. He is badly out of form and has been for sometime now, he is in his comfort zone and he has let his performance levels drop significantly. Lennon has used his squad really poorly this season. McGregor has been flogged to death this season and he has had a quality player like Rogic, feeding off a few cameo appearances and he then gets thrown in at the deep end against Copenhagen ring rusty.

We have a big squad with plenty of depth but the bottom line is the fringe players are seeing no action, irrespective of form or fitness and when they are going to be thrust in, they are going to find it hard to perform. People might say guys like Shved, Bayo, Arzani, Soro, Klimala etc aren't good enough but we've no basis to make that judgement one way or another. These guys need opportunities and it's a bigger insult that they're not getting them when certain players are showing big signs of fatigue and loss of form.

That was one thing Rodgers did superbly was in his time at Celtic, guys like Armstrong, Christie, McGregor etc all came in from the cold and were given their chance and they built on it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2020, 11:42:31 AM
Angelo I think everyone has their favourite players and the players they dislike and not much will really change, it's clear James is not one of your favourites...lol. For what it's worth he drives me up the wall at times especially making a half hearted attempt to go for a 50/50 tackle and easily he's brushed off the ball but as stated earlier he has scored so many goals and assists that cannot be ignored. You will see the pitches improving now and a lot of home matches coming up and i'd expect him to improve his form again. Maybe Neil should have given him the curly finger a few times but he is a crucial part of the team...
What does it mean when a lurgan man gives you the curly finger?

It means you're having a mare on the pitch "Come and sit beside me in the dugout"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on March 06, 2020, 12:08:07 PM

But the goals have dried up and the performances have dried up. I'm not talking about the past - I'm talking about the present. He is badly out of form and has been for sometime now, he is in his comfort zone and he has let his performance levels drop significantly. Lennon has used his squad really poorly this season. McGregor has been flogged to death this season and he has had a quality player like Rogic, feeding off a few cameo appearances and he then gets thrown in at the deep end against Copenhagen ring rusty.

We have a big squad with plenty of depth but the bottom line is the fringe players are seeing no action, irrespective of form or fitness and when they are going to be thrust in, they are going to find it hard to perform. People might say guys like Shved, Bayo, Arzani, Soro, Klimala etc aren't good enough but we've no basis to make that judgement one way or another. These guys need opportunities and it's a bigger insult that they're not getting them when certain players are showing big signs of fatigue and loss of form.

That was one thing Rodgers did superbly was in his time at Celtic, guys like Armstrong, Christie, McGregor etc all came in from the cold and were given their chance and they built on it.

I wouldn't disagree with much of that to be fair...the only thing i would say is we don't know (can only guess) how these fringe players are doing in training and they must not be showing Lennon they have what it takes (who signed them? If NL did then he should be asked WTF). I'm sure if they were out performing the guys you mentioned they'd be in the team. Rogic one is a bit strange as he should be playing more but the way NL sets up the team and the formation he doesn't really have the room for him, my personal opinion is he's a bit slow and if he'd real pace he'd be a top notch player but still should be well up to play Scottish football and more regularly too...Celtic and the magic wingers seems to be still high on their agenda

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2020, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 06, 2020, 12:08:07 PM

I wouldn't disagree with much of that to be fair...the only thing i would say is we don't know (can only guess) how these fringe players are doing in training and they must not be showing Lennon they have what it takes (who signed them? If NL did then he should be asked WTF). I'm sure if they were out performing the guys you mentioned they'd be in the team. Rogic one is a bit strange as he should be playing more but the way NL sets up the team and the formation he doesn't really have the room for him, my personal opinion is he's a bit slow and if he'd real pace he'd be a top notch player but still should be well up to play Scottish football and more regularly too...Celtic and the magic wingers seems to be still high on their agenda

Maybe so but in the case of Rogic, he's a proven player, he's had a few niggles this season but has pretty much been available for most of the season.

A 34 year old Scott Brown has missed just one league match this season, McGregor has been an ever present in the league. The best football we played in Rodgers last season was when injuries dictated that Rogic, Christie and McGregor were the middle 3. There should have been ample opportunities for the likes of Rogic playing, it does the likes of McGregor no good to be starting every match, nor does it do a fringe player any good to be rotting away on the bench.

Home games against the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County etc is the ideal opportunity to be giving some of the fringe players the chance to show their worth, they will be hungry to do so and it will keep those who have the jersey on their toes and needing to up their game.

Main Street

Ross County must be feeling good about their 3 pointer tomorrow.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on March 07, 2020, 05:05:28 PM
Ross County must be feeling good about their 3 pointer tomorrow.

I don't see, when Celtic are 3 up, that Lennon doesn't rest Brown, Mc Gregor, Forrest and Juillen etc.

Give lads a rest but more importanantly, give other lads a run out and see how they perform.

charlieTully

You would think reading this thread Celtic were in trouble. Quadruple treble ffs lads. Wise up to f**k.

marty34

Quote from: charlieTully on March 07, 2020, 10:44:18 PM
You would think reading this thread Celtic were in trouble. Quadruple treble ffs lads. Wise up to f**k.

What's wrong?

illdecide

Quote from: charlieTully on March 07, 2020, 10:44:18 PM

100% Charlie, i was waiting on someone blaming Lennon for only winning 5-0 yesterday. Nothing is ever good enough, the amount of fella's here on this Board who said everything about Lennon when he was reappointed as manager was unreal..."he's had his chance", he's not good enough", "he's ginger", his record is as good as Brendan Rodgers yet everyone sucked the hole of that gold digger yet Lennon hasn't a clue...I would be saying this about any Celtic manager BTW not just because it's Lennon as long as their record backed this up.
There are decisions that Lennon makes that i don't agree with and playing Taylor is one of them as i don't rate him at all, I believe J Hayes is a better option there until we get a real Celtic style LB, there are other team selections i'm not a fan off TBH but he's the manager and until it warrants a shouting match they'll get my support. HH

JPGJOHNNYG

I like lennon. I think part of his problem is the yr he won the league Rangers were in a mess deducted points and liquidated. He really should have won it the yr before but missed out by a point then his next wins were all when Rangers were in the lower leagues so through no fault if his own he never really finished above a competitive Rangers. I think thats why some dont think he is good enough at least this yr there can be no complaints.

Main Street

0-0 at ht Ross County,
although Gerrard was a total failure in the MLS (unlike Robbie Keane) would he not have enough left in him to still do a job for Rangers, considering their crisis of confidence and pressure buckling gymnastics?

Angelo

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 08, 2020, 12:16:47 PM
I like lennon. I think part of his problem is the yr he won the league Rangers were in a mess deducted points and liquidated. He really should have won it the yr before but missed out by a point then his next wins were all when Rangers were in the lower leagues so through no fault if his own he never really finished above a competitive Rangers. I think thats why some dont think he is good enough at least this yr there can be no complaints.

That and failing at Bolton and Hibs.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on March 08, 2020, 01:11:21 PM

Failing? Took Hibs to their highest finish in years. Bolton survived the drop under NL. Look what they have both done since.Rewrite history much?

Angelo

Quote from: ned on March 08, 2020, 02:40:23 PM

Failing? Took Hibs to their highest finish in years. Bolton survived the drop under NL. Look what they have both done since.Rewrite history much?

He was sacked at both. Leaving Bolton lying bottom of the Championship and being ran from Hibs after alienating the entire squad after a bad run of form.

That's not rewriting history, that's the facts.

Main Street

Quote from: Angelo on March 08, 2020, 03:02:40 PM
Quote from: ned on March 08, 2020, 02:40:23 PM

He was sacked at both. Leaving Bolton lying bottom of the Championship and being ran from Hibs after alienating the entire squad after a bad run of form.

That's not rewriting history, that's the facts.
It's bull that's what it is, Lennon performed a managerial miracle in mid season to rescue Bolton from oblivion, sure fire relegation certainties, with adding a few bargain basement journeymen to the squad. Before the next season started Bolton went tits up. Bolton were a basket case club at that time, as was well known to most everyone but not you.