Google Wave

Started by gallsman, December 05, 2009, 02:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Anyone else tried this out yet? It really does appear to be the end of email as we know it. Effectively, it incorporates email, IM and blogging into the one application. Everything happens in real time, so if two users are simultaneously online, you can see the other person typing. Has some absolutely brilliant top of the range new features. For example, you no longer have to attach items- you just drag them from the desktop or relevant folder and drop it in the email/conversation/blog (or "Wave" as the collective term is to be known funnily enough..)

Have a few invites to give away. PM me if anyone wants them. It's a must for anyone even close to being a geek!

Gnevin

Don't like it . Real business app. The creator of a wave can invite someone who can see the whole history of a wave. Not exactly what you want if your having a good moan about someone . 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

gallsman

Sorry lads, only discovered a load of month old PMs requesting invites there now, having completely forgotten all about announcing their availability! If any of ye are still waiting, pm me your email I address and I'll send one on.

Ulick

Have an account but to be honest I don't get it. I'm sure some of the apps are useful but how many people really use their Google account for business? When they make their way into Microsoft Exchange, we'll probably start using them.

el_cuervo_fc

Sent you a pm there Gallsman

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered