9. Cathal McShane (Eoghan Ruadh)
12. Kieran McGeary (Pomeroy)
11. Niall Sludden (Dromore)
7. Peter Harte (Errigal Ciaran)
13. Mark Bradley (Killyclogher)
25. Conor Meyler (Omagh)
15. Connor McAliskey (Clonoe)

Subs
17. Lee Brennan (Trillick) for Meyler (39)
6. Frank Burns (Pomeroy) for Sludden (46)
14. Richard Donnelly (Trillick) for McAliskey (49)
20. Harry Loughran (Moy) for McGeary (black card) (49)
22. Declan McClure (Clonoe) for McShane (55)
26. Ronan O'Neill (Omagh) for Bradley (64)

Angelo

First off, I think Mickey Harte has to take the wrap for that one.

We were all over the shop, big open holes in the centre of the pitch and the warning signs were already there from the first two games.

Now, for all those who have been moaning and complaining about the type of football we have played for the last number of years - does today finally spell it out that we simply don't have the defenders that can playing a top team man on man? We only seem to have two decent man markers in our squad - Brennan and Hampsey.

How we could be beaten so badly on kickouts all game long really raises serious questions over the management team. Despite being comprehensively outplayed all game long if we could have at least competed on kickouts we could have had opportunities to draw that game in injury time.

We're in the qualifiers now, in other years it might not have been such a bad thing but now it is, we could draw Monaghan in the next round then after that there is a substantial chance we will meet Mayo. There's a lot to fix but we are at the mercy of the draw and I don't fancy us at this point to come through a tough draw.

To finish off, there were lots of bad performances out there today but I have to say I was particularly disappointed in Mattie Donnelly. I thought as captain, his attitude and effort was pretty pathethic as one of the leaders of the team. If you contrast Donnelly and Murphy today in what both players gave to their team it was night and day.

The decision making from some of our lads today was abysmal.

Going forward we have a big gaping goal around the centre of our defence, it is time to return to mass defence and try and leave Donnelly and McShane inside. We simply do not have the defenders to contain quality forwards in wide open spaces.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Angelo, harte has never took the rap for anything in his life. That was a disgrace. Why drop Cassidy? Rafferty started for skeet? Mc crory now a regular sub again? Wtf? Just when I thought harte had got his shit together he goes and makes a pile of needless changes and fucks everything up. I'm fuckin ragin after that.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 08, 2019, 07:39:52 PM
Angelo, harte has never took the rap for anything in his life. That was a disgrace. Why drop Cassidy? Rafferty started for skeet? Mc crory now a regular sub again? Wtf? Just when I thought harte had got his shit together he goes and makes a pile of needless changes and f**ks everything up. I'm fuckin ragin after that.

He made big, big calls in the starting side. They all were badly wrong.

The alarm bells were ringing in the Derry and Antrim games the way a few fist passes down the middle and a few bodies running there could tear us to shreds. You could forgive that as it was Derry and Antrim and I was naive enough to think we'll be much more reserved against Donegal - nope.

We played the same sort of tactics against Derry and Antrim as against Donegal, absolutely wide open we were. For those who were crying for us to play a more expansive game and go man on man with teams with deadly forwards and pace around the middle of the pitch - there was the evidence about the quality of defenders in our panel.

I have to say I've been very disappointed with McKernan of late, he's very much overrated. He's got good pace and power and likes to bomb forward but he got absolutely toasted by Brennan today, he got destroyed in the All Ireland final last year too.

McShane has been a good find at full forward but unless teams play open against you he is not going to be much use. Any ball we put in there today he had a host of bodies around him or it was cut out by the players playing in front of them. The difference today was Donegal had a defensive system and we did not.

I wouldn't get carried away if I was a Donegal fan though as despite how badly set up we were, the fact we had one of our best players wrongly black carded in the first half, the fact that many of our big players completely disappeared, the fact we were completely wiped out on kickouts and the fact we spurned three decent goal chances in the first half, we still only lost by 4.

It's a wake up call for Harte and the people who were looking for us to go toe to toe with the top teams though.

Angelo

McCurry should have been on for Harte also after the black card when we had a complete absence of a left footed free taker.

delgany

Tyrone were a complete shambles! No CHB commanding the space in front of the D. Unforced changes to the starting team were completely ineffective. Peter Harte's card was a joke .

The scoreline flattered Tyrone tbh

Angelo

Quote from: delgany on June 08, 2019, 08:56:00 PM
Tyrone were a complete shambles! No CHB commanding the space in front of the D. Unforced changes to the starting team were completely ineffective. Peter Harte's card was a joke .

The scoreline flattered Tyrone tbh

CHB has been a huge problem for Tyrone since Gormley and the McMahons left the panel. We have loads of backs who like to bomb forward but have little interest in defending.

People can slag McCrory all they want and the limitations he has but he's one of the few lads we have who seems to have some grasp on defensive positioning.

bigtogs

We seen the reason today why we have to play packed defences!! No harm but anyman playing that O'Donnell lad CHB needs his head looking at plus throwing in Rafferty in a game like that...pure madness!! Big Collie is done unfortunately as well....bad day all round will get to super 8 hopefully.... looked sluggish the day all over!!

sam03/05

Aidan McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Brian Kennedy

How to fk do they get a game for Tyrone?

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 07:57:39 PM
Angelo, harte has never took the rap for anything in his life. That was a disgrace. Why drop Cassidy? Rafferty started for skeet? Mc crory now a regular sub again? Wtf? Just when I thought harte had got his shit together he goes and makes a pile of needless changes and f**ks everything up. I'm fuckin ragin after that.

The alarm bells were ringing in the Derry and Antrim games the way a few fist passes down the middle and a few bodies running there could tear us to shreds. You could forgive that as it was Derry and Antrim and I was naive enough to think we'll be much more reserved against Donegal - nope.

We played the same sort of tactics against Derry and Antrim as against Donegal, absolutely wide open we were. For those who were crying for us to play a more expansive game and go man on man with teams with deadly forwards and pace around the middle of the pitch - there was the evidence about the quality of defenders in our panel.

I have to say I've been very disappointed with McKernan of late, he's very much overrated. He's got good pace and power and likes to bomb forward but he got absolutely toasted by Brennan today, he got destroyed in the All Ireland final last year too.

McShane has been a good find at full forward but unless teams play open against you he is not going to be much use. Any ball we put in there today he had a host of bodies around him or it was cut out by the players playing in front of them. The difference today was Donegal had a defensive system and we did not.

I wouldn't get carried away if I was a Donegal fan though as despite how badly set up we were, the fact we had one of our best players wrongly black carded in the first half, the fact that many of our big players completely disappeared, the fact we were completely wiped out on kickouts and the fact we spurned three decent goal chances in the first half, we still only lost by 4.

It's a wake up call for Harte and the people who were looking for us to go toe to toe with the top teams though.
[/b][/b]

Strange analysis.

1st half Tyrone played with a sweeper in colm cavanagh, conceded all the kickouts dropped men back and were torn to shreds.

2nd half Tyrone took colm cavanagh off, pushed up on Donegal kickouts and won the second half by a score of 8 points to 5.

But sure you twist it whatever way you want

clarshack

Kennedy is still rough around the edges but will improve for sure. McDonnell unfortunately is out of his depth at this level. You feel that if he wasn't from Errigal he would be nowhere near the panel.

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 09:59:10 PM

[/b][/b]

Strange analysis.

1st half Tyrone played with a sweeper in colm cavanagh, conceded all the kickouts dropped men back and were torn to shreds.

2nd half Tyrone took colm cavanagh off, pushed up on Donegal kickouts and won the second half by a score of 8 points to 5.

Strange analysis as Cavanagh played as an orthodox midfielder all first half. We didn't play any sweeper at all. How drunk were you watching that?

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 10:11:01 PM

[/b][/b]

Strange analysis.

Strange analysis as Cavanagh played as an orthodox midfielder all first half. We didn't play any sweeper at all. How drunk were you watching that?

I honestly doubted if you knew anything about football but maybe it's just that your eyes don't work too good.
Are you saying cavanagh was marking Hugh mc fadden...
The donegal sweeper  :o

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on June 08, 2019, 10:20:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 10:11:01 PM

[/b][/b]

Strange analysis.

I honestly doubted if you knew anything about football but maybe it's just that your eyes don't work too good.
Are you saying cavanagh was marking Hugh mc fadden...
The donegal sweeper  :o

No. I'm saying he played as an orthodox midfielder in the centre of the pitch. You seem to be under the impression he played as imaginary midfielder. At one stage in the first half he was up with Kennedy in the Donegal 6 yard box for the goal chance.

What game were you watching?

In hiding

OK then. One final question..

Who was cavanagh marking in his battle in the middle of the pitch