Skybox receiver

Started by Christmas Lights, March 26, 2014, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Anyone have any of these?  There seems to be a range of them?  I just checke dthis one out on amazon but can anyone point me in the direction of the best / most reliable one?  I already have a satellite dish from the actual SKY plugged up so I presume I can use this for the skybox receiver?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-F5S-Satellite-receiver-replace/dp/B00IFQ4GWO/ref=sr_1_2/280-0861508-0092303?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1395838919&sr=1-2

AZOffaly

If you're going using any of the Sky pay Channels, you'll need to get the Card and the Box matched up, so I presume that's ok on these boxes? In other words do Sky support them?

Muzz

This is not a sky television issued box but a linux programmeable box.

The F5 is the newer of these boxes so there would be no problem with reliability of these.

If you are looking this just to watch free to air channels that are broadcast through Sky's dish then you probably dont need to go with something as expensive as this.  However if you are buying it to get all the Sky channels because you know what you are doing then this box is reliable enough for you.

Muzz

Shamrock Shore

There is a resident on this Board who can advise. I won't name him but if he wants he'll reply.

TBH I would save my money and buy a higher grade box. Yon yoke won't have  HDD so you can only record on a USB. It prob wont have two inputs so you will be stuck watching what you are recording.

As for getting premium channels on it, well  :-X

laoislad

Life is not about who you are it's about who you know  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

If you are moving house do sky move your sky dish and equipment for free?

Would you be safer cancelling and signing up as a new customer?

The Raven

Quote from: The Worker on March 26, 2014, 10:37:00 PM
If you are moving house do sky move your sky dish and equipment for free?

Would you be safer cancelling and signing up as a new customer?
You just need to bring your box they will put up a new dish and install free. If they see multiple tv's they will tell you the existing box isn't working and up grade you, the catch being you can only view the new box in 1 room. This happened to me a few weeks back when I moved

Up The Middle

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides-tutorials/media-guides/13101-step-step-guide-installing-plex-nowtv-box.html

Anybody got any info on the above, ive been told that you can have something playing on your laptop it will transmitt it to your TV. Dont know how it works but will definitley get one if it does this.

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.